Notices

Positions needing to be filled on the Void-Born Hope

Old Nov 14 '12, 5:24pm
Young Adult Dragon

Positions needing to be filled on the Void-Born Hope

Rogue Trader Warpstorm Chronicles - Forum
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Estimated Members Requested: 2

I recently started this online Warhammer Rogue Trader game, thinking it would allow my friends and I more time to play together since we are having less and less time to meet in person as we grow older.

There have been some leaving in the first parts of the game, so we are recruiting again. the group is currently starting the Damaris City Gala, in order to get public support for their nomination as head of the defense council. There are numerous opportuinities to include a new character.

So if you're interested in joining the crew of the Void-Born Hope, roll up a character, pm me about it, and join the crew.

Available positions:
-Astropath Ascendant
-Arch Militant
-Missionary

Warning: For some parts of the adventure, there might be a RL session, if that is the case, we will handle online applicants through the use of skype, if they so wish.

Game Description:

Greenskins detected massing in System Designate 035-1D4-3Y. Based on proximity, most likely target calculated to be Damaris

- Astropathic Report, Naval Light Cruiser Aegis

GAME CLOSED

Last edited by alastar; Dec 6 '12 at 3:12pm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
roll up a character, pm me about it, and join the crew
I've only skimmed the rules a bit, but don't the mods frown a tad bit at DM's requesting that applications be sent via PM?

I already have a character pre-made. An ex-navy officer voidmaster whos specialty is long range sensors. Hes retired and out to make riches. He has ambitions to start his own mercenary group to aid him in protecting his investments. He is extreemly pious and his original riches come from a ship building dock he partly owns and other concerns.

"Warning: For some parts of the adventure, there might be a RL session, if that is the case, we will handle online applicants through the use of skype, if they so wish."

But the magority of its going to be pbp right?

Captain Arron Cromwell

WS 40
BS 32
S 35
T 35
Ag 30
Int 38
Per 40
WP 40
Fel 38

Wounds: 8
Fate: 4
Corruption: 4
Insanity: 0

Homeworld

Battlefleet - +5WP +3Fel -5Per Common lore (navy), speak language battle fleet war cant +5 bonus to all command tests while aboard a space craft. Void accustomed. Navigation Stellar Skill.

Birthright

200xp Born to lead Command, Literacy, Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) +3int -3T

Lure Of The Void

Dutybound Duty to the throne +3WP (-10 to aliens) Armour of Contempt Talent

Trials and Trivials
100xp Warp Incursion Resist Psychic Powers, Light Sleeper Talents. +1d5 corruption

Motivations

Prestige You gain your choice of the Talented (Talented Commerce).

Lineage
300xp Far reaching contacts. Peer (Ecclesiarchy, Port Olga construction crew*, Military)

Career: Void master
Skills:
Common Lore (Imperial Navy +10, War,) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (Int)
Navigation (Stellar +10) (Int)
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy, Tactica Imperialis) (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic, Battlefleet) (Int)
Pilot (Space Craft, Flyers) (Ag)
Command (+5) (Fel)
Literacy, (Int)
Talented Commerce (+10) (Int)
Peer (Ecclesiarchy, Port Olga construction crew*, Military)

Talents:
Pistol / Melee Universal.
Nerves of Steel
Void accustomed.
Armour of Contempt
Resist Psychic Powers
Light Sleeper

Starting gear:
Common Craftsmanship Power Sword. Common Craftsmanship Bolt pistol. Guard Flack, Micro bead, void suit, blessed ship token, re-breather, imperial navy uniform, 2 bottles of amasec, pict-recorder, vox caster

*Lower classes of the port he owns. (grants access to personnel?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnontherAccountant View Post
I already have a character pre-made. An ex-navy officer voidmaster whos specialty is long range sensors. Hes retired and out to make riches. He has ambitions to start his own mercenary group to aid him in protecting his investments. He is extreemly pious and his original riches come from a ship building dock he partly owns and other concerns.

"Warning: For some parts of the adventure, there might be a RL session, if that is the case, we will handle online applicants through the use of skype, if they so wish."

But the magority of its going to be pbp right?

Hey AA! How you doing!

Yeah the majority is PBP, we thought about doing really combat packed scenes on a real map since we're a RL group, but at this moment, since I don't think you live in montreal, then we could skype it up.

Nice character sheet, I like it, White_North is currently our Void-Master so I'll have to talk to the current crew about having two of those.

I'll come back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnontherAccountant View Post
The stats were point-buy. If you absolutely need me to change that.

600xp spent only on background. No skills or advances yet.

Yeah, point buy, who rolls anymore pff!!

Alright AA, i discussed with the other players, wed be glad to have you aboard but the problem is that that path is already taken. Maybe keep the same character but redirect him towards arch militant or navigator??? Alsi you seem tto be using rules from into the storm, while we use core only so far ( since i have to learn the system as we go) i hope its still interesting?

I was just using it to help make my character background more naval.

I could move sideways into militant, but ive given some thought to it, and i could be RT if you want. I have had some good examples of RT players to attempt it...

FYI there are 4 voidsman special abilities, so the games kinda encouraging more than one.