Notices

Castlevania

Old Nov 15 '12, 11:05pm
Go crazy and fall asleep

Castlevania

Castlevania: Legacy of Chaos - Forum
Pathfinder
Estimated Members Requested: 3

This is an idea I've been interested in running for some time now. The premise is a Pathfinder game in the Castlevania setting, specifically taking place in Dracula's Castle.

Posting Rate Needed: 1/day. More is preferable. Sometimes life gets in the way, but on a usual day 1/day is the minimum.

What is the characters' starting status? Level 2

How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? 500gold

Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want?
No guns (so no gunslingers or class archetypes that use guns), and 3rd Party content must be run by me first.

What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? All core races allowed, featured and unusual races will be allowed with approval.

By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? 20point buy. Roll HP after level 1.

Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? No Evil.

Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Multiclassing is allowed only once the player hits level 3.

Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? No, I’ll be rolling for all NPCs and small things like initiative or certain saves potentially, but all other rolling will be on the player’s part.

Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? Yes, see below for details.

Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular? Yes, it doesn’t need to be huge, but it should explain that character’s personality and why they are trying to enter Dracula’s Castle.

Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? 30/40/40, this game will feature quite a lot of puzzle solving, however much of it will be incorporated into the combat.

Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements? All Paizo published material (except guns) are permitted, all 3rd party content must have my approval before use.

Homebrew/Houserules:
Casting Changes: The following spells are banned or altered
o Flight Spells: No restrictions, but use of flight to bypass large areas of the castle may have unforeseen consequences.
o Teleport: Banned outright. If you have a domain/patron that grants these spells, talk to me and we can find suitable replacements, or select a different domain/patron.
o Resurrection: Resurrection is possible in this setting, but the ability to perform these spells has been lost. The knowledge of these spells is in the Castle and can be acquired. If a character has reached the level where they can perform a resurrection spell they can seek out one of these sources of knowledge and attempt to learn it.
Exceptions: Breath of Life, due to its potential for failure and the speed with which it needs to be used to work, is the one exception to this rule.
Gameplay Mechanics: New gameplay mechanics.
o Subweapons: A staple of the Castlevania franchise, these will be appearing here as well. Different supweapons will be retrievable throughout the game. Each weapon will have an activation cost and a variety of effects that can be discovered through use of the weapon.
o Hearts: The resource used to activate subweapons. Each player begins the game with 3 hearts and will be able to find more through completing their goals and progressing through the castle.

Game Description:

A Pathfinder game taking place inside Dracula's Castle.

As humanity's faith wanes once more, and darkness creeps through the hearts of men, Dracula's Castle returns and with it comes the King of the Night. The return of the castle brings fear to all who see it, but an even greater fear has started to spread. The heir to the Belmont line entered the castle a year ago and has not been heard from since. Both he and the whip Vampire Killer have vanished.

Now the world is gripped with fear, worrying if theirs will be the next city ravaged by Dracula's horde. Those who are brave enough to challenge Dracula and the horrors of his castle have left to enter that unholy place. Some leave in search of vengeance for murdered friends and family, others for justice and the will of the Church, while others still follow more selfish goals, aiming simply to pillage the castle of its riches.

Last edited by Fracture585; Nov 15 '12 at 11:19pm..
Looking forward to this setting, my friend. Waerlii is one excited rogue

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=470673

The girl has a 15 climb check. She's going to crawl all over that vampire's castle. haha

Yes, 2 traits are allowed per character. The only restriction is that if they come from a 3rd party source I need to see them first.

Before the chaos breaks out, I would ask that we hold off from an app till an appropriate thread can be set up in the forum (We've all see the forums where each app gets it's own thread..... messy! And a Rolls thread. maybe an OoC thread as well.

Oh, I'm sorry, Sarr. I know Fracture; we play together in a few games. He invited me to this one, so I wasn't really applying. Didn't mean to get ahead of everything, though

@Sarr: I'll admit this is my first time running a game on this site, so if you wouldn't mind explaining what you mean by an app thread that would be a huge help. Also I traditionally have rolls made in the IC posts since I find it easier to have them as a quick reference.

@Dragon: If you want to roll it up I'm fine with that.