Old Nov 15 '12, 11:37pm
Defiance to the end

Sigil (City of Doors) - Escape the Cage

Escape the Cage - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 20 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Game Description:

You were dumped unceremoniously upon the well trampled earth as your momentum finished carrying you through the door way. While it took a moment for you to gather your senses together, as you looked about you instantly knew where you were- and dread set in. High arching glorious buildings sat alongside spiraling Elven architecture, which sat alongside squat rocky dwarven adobes- which sat away from but next to goblinoid hovels. The landscape curved upwards and in the far, far distance you could make out the landscape turning back on itself.

Sigil.

Gods be damned. You were in the Cage- and you were already gathering attention as you dusted yourself down. Your attention was drawn to the street as a skippy young female tiefling bounded her way up to you- a smile planted upon her face.

"Welcome to Sigil, berks! The city of doors greets you!"

----------------------------------------------

This will be a long, long urban campaign based in the City of Doors. Do not expect fast level progression, do not expect a quick campaign end, DO expect lots of social interaction, manipulation, political maneuvering, rooftop chases, skill tests and overreaching plots that will change the face of Sigil.

Melee types will be out of place but still useful, skill monkeys will be desired, caster types are fine provided their unique skill set is geared towards the setting.

Please consider this when applying.

Races can be varied but a three fold mix of ridiculousness is not as appreciated as I'm sure you want it to be. It's level 8 and a slow campaign so you'd be better off with class levels than race.

LA Buy off is NOT in effect.

Character Creation Guidelines

Allowable Sources
OOC
FAQ's

When creating an application please name the thread with the following format;

Denethor (Aasimar-Rogue)

or

Razi (Changeling Druid Warshaper)

Thanks for your interest!

Hmm, think I may just avoid this, just as I don't have the time dedication or mental focus to keep track of a mostly story based experience.

thank you thou for offering to be a Dm on this site

races of war is homebrewed...

Yes please! Are we clueless primes or just planewalker who don't spend a lot of time in the cage? Or what? I suppose, considering that we know exactly where we are, we're the latter? Are we still from a prime though?

Oooh! One of my favorite settings! I'm going to have to think of a good one for this. Here's a thought to make you giggle: If you're not enamored of Eberron races.... howzabout we repurpose warforged and call 'em modrons?

Irving....I like it. Show me what you've got.

Krimson same here! Love the social and political in a game!

Dire Lint that's actually up to you. But the restriction is you're not allowed to live in Sigil. You have to have a reason for being "banished" there. Even if you weren't actually banished. You could have been kidnapped, it could have been a way of removing you from the Prime...Whatever you're comfortable with.

I'll step up to the plate. (Although a hexblade from Carceri would be fun. Or an Acheronoian hobgoblin. Oh, how I love this setting.)

Posting interest.

As a general question, If i pull my character in from say Dragonlance. Do you plan on ever sending them back for any reason, or am i free to use the history from my own Dragonlance campaign to pull my character. Like things that happened on my campaign world that may have effected him, as i would write it into the bio. OR do you prefer we keep everything cannon when pulling chars from the actual settings.

Oh and can we expect to see a guest appearance from Morte at all? (J/K)

---Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valthronis View Post
Posting interest.

As a general question, If i pull my character in from say Dragonlance. Do you plan on ever sending them back for any reason, or am i free to use the history from my own Dragonlance campaign to pull my character. Like things that happened on my campaign world that may have effected him, as i would write it into the bio. OR do you prefer we keep everything cannon when pulling chars from the actual settings.

Oh and can we expect to see a guest appearance from Morte at all? (J/K)

---Val
I've only played the game to the end of the first prison/dungeon. Then stopped- so if you DO get a guest appearance, don't hate on me if he seems a bit...off. I really should get back into the game.

You MAY be sent back to your home planes. If you do it will be for a brief foray- not a long term. Also if you do, it will be a distant future objective.

Irving, tis a great setting indeed! So much variety!

Triban Whatever pleases you!

All No matter your alignment- be SURE you have a reason for getting along with the entire group. Interparty conflict is something I'm a fan of in Tabletop pen and paper- not Play by post, the world shouldn't slow to a crawl because your "character" is a douchebag. Please and thank you.