Old Nov 15 '12, 11:37pm
Defiance to the end

Sigil (City of Doors) - Escape the Cage

Escape the Cage - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 20 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Game Description:

You were dumped unceremoniously upon the well trampled earth as your momentum finished carrying you through the door way. While it took a moment for you to gather your senses together, as you looked about you instantly knew where you were- and dread set in. High arching glorious buildings sat alongside spiraling Elven architecture, which sat alongside squat rocky dwarven adobes- which sat away from but next to goblinoid hovels. The landscape curved upwards and in the far, far distance you could make out the landscape turning back on itself.

Sigil.

Gods be damned. You were in the Cage- and you were already gathering attention as you dusted yourself down. Your attention was drawn to the street as a skippy young female tiefling bounded her way up to you- a smile planted upon her face.

"Welcome to Sigil, berks! The city of doors greets you!"

----------------------------------------------

This will be a long, long urban campaign based in the City of Doors. Do not expect fast level progression, do not expect a quick campaign end, DO expect lots of social interaction, manipulation, political maneuvering, rooftop chases, skill tests and overreaching plots that will change the face of Sigil.

Melee types will be out of place but still useful, skill monkeys will be desired, caster types are fine provided their unique skill set is geared towards the setting.

Please consider this when applying.

Races can be varied but a three fold mix of ridiculousness is not as appreciated as I'm sure you want it to be. It's level 8 and a slow campaign so you'd be better off with class levels than race.

LA Buy off is NOT in effect.

Character Creation Guidelines

Allowable Sources
OOC
FAQ's

When creating an application please name the thread with the following format;

Denethor (Aasimar-Rogue)

or

Razi (Changeling Druid Warshaper)

Thanks for your interest!

No starting equipment? Well that saves some trouble. About the die rolls, do we take them in order when we pick a set or can they be arranged?

You can have starting equipment. You just have 3/4 the normal starting gold.

You carried a few things in with your person but that's about it.

They can be arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
Go Go Gadget Binder.

Missed this.

Races of War? Here I was thinking I had all the Races of books....What's in it? Anything I should be weary of? *Group question*

Tome of Necromancy is a no unless you can make a really valid case for it (I probably shouldn't have said all Tomes when I was only thinking of 2 that I had) You know what they say about assume.
Trust me on this, if you say no to Tome of Necromancy, you should probably default to no on Races of War. Races of War was a bit..... Strong

Let's make it easy then- since I don't know them half as well as the other books. No to those two.

Also- this has made me extremely curious about Races of War....*goes to "Legally" purchase the book*

It's so imposing trying to apply for a Planescape game. I probably know more about the setting than the average gamer but I am so bad at crunchy stuff and there are always so many applicants lately.

Well technically so far we've only had two applicants. Technically.

Don't forget there's always drop outs, incompleted apps, disappearing acts, no shows... Chin up, soldier on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Lint View Post
It's so imposing trying to apply for a Planescape game. I probably know more about the setting than the average gamer but I am so bad at crunchy stuff and there are always so many applicants lately.
I'm the same way. Back circa 1995-2001 I ran all sorts of Planescape stuff for AD&D 2/2.5e, but it's much more challenging to try and make something for 3.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
I'm the same way. Back circa 1995-2001 I ran all sorts of Planescape stuff for AD&D 2/2.5e, but it's much more challenging to try and make something for 3.5.
You mean a character or a campaign? Making a campaign there is easy. It's such a melting pot that you can pick and choose.

Making a character. A campaign is easy enough. I still have the main boxed set, and I've read the novels (5 as I recall, Blood Wars Trilogy, Torment, and the Pages of Pain). I do currently have the Planar Handbook and Manual of the Planes for 3.5e, but my 3.5e collection is really limited to those, PHB & DMG as well as Unearthed Arcana so I don't have the power of 1000 books at my fingertips (though I do have the Hero Lab licence, which is almost helpful). Though my main hindrance is remembering how to number crunch 3.5e.