Born of Grief and Ashes - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Seeking 6 Trail of Cthulhu players...

Game Description:

“One fire burns out another's burning,
One pain is lessen'd by another's anguish.”
-William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet

Not far from the devastation of the Front...

Military Hospital Number Five operates around the clock, tending to the wounded and the sick.

The staff are overworked and the death rate is climbing fast.

Worse yet, the hospital harbors a dark secret, inviting an ancient Evil into its midst.

Born of Grief and Ashes is a scenario for Trail of Cthulhu. It is based on Adam Gauntlett's Not So Quiet from Pelgrane Press.

The setting is 1917, the Great War, and the player-characters are soldiers and medical staff who have been dispatched to Military Hospital Number Five.

This is a pick-up-and-play game. There are six pre-generated characters for players to choose from.

The Trail of Cthulhu rules are simple and intuitive; they can be learned during play. However, players are encouraged to read the Player's Guide for their own benefit.

The game is firmly in the genre of horror, and mature content should be expected. Players should possess good grammar skills and a knack for dialogue and characterization.

Though Trail is a rules-light/medium game, it is still a game and the rules will be employed. Success will largely depend on the players' investigative skills. Character death and madness is not uncommon, especially in a one-shot scenario such as this. However, surviving characters may be usable in future scenarios or in a continuing campaign.

The six pre-gens will be outlined in the game forum. Applicants should post their interest in the relevant character thread.

Also is this first come first serve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post

Also is this first come first serve?
Depends. I already have two character slots filled up. I'm keen to give the characters to whoever asks for them first. However, if there is a wealth of applicants I may have to be more selective.

Check out the "Bulletin" thread in the game forum for more info.

Done and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed hero View Post
Came from the yoggie boards, would love to play.
How would you feel about creating a character of your own? I seem to have enough players for the six pre-gens as it stands. I would ask you to create a character with a medical occupation, possibly a doctor or a nurse.