Chapter 2 - Of Dust, Of Death, Of Darkness

 
After being woken up, Lorem gave a loud yawn and proceeded to fulfill his duty. No one would enter their camp with him on his watch, ready to
Dice Roll: 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 5)
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 10)
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 7)
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 21)
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 15)
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 3)
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 18)
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 16)
listen to every little noise and
Dice Roll: 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1 1d20+1
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 7)
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 2)
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 3)
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 13)
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 8)
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 15)
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 16)
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 20)
spot every move of even the littlest grain of sand... Or at least, he hoped so.

Garak had volunteered to take a watch as well. His eyes were well suited for seeing in the darkness, and it would give him an opportunity to think about killing some of his companions. Not that he was actually going to do it as they slept...but it would help to pass the time by thinking about how he would let the life slip from each of them...

If he was awoken by somebody, Garak was vigilant about his watch. While it was true that he cared little for any that were with him now, he did need their help to at least get out of the desert alive. So for now, they would be guarded...well except for Joachim. If a snake or scorpion would slip past his guard, that would be a shame.

During his watch, he paced through the camp as silently as possible...still trying to adjust his movements to the shifting nature of the sand. It would take much practice, but Garak was certain he could eventually master walking through even sand without leaving a trace of his movements...

Dice Roll: 1D20+5 1D20+5 1D20+5 1D20+5 1D20+5 1D20+5 1D20+5 1D20+5
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 10)
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 11)
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 19)
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 19)
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 11)
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 19)
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 8)
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 14)
Spot (every 15 minutes of watch)

Dice Roll: 1D20+3 1D20+3 1D20+3 1D20+3 1D20+3 1D20+3 1D20+3 1D20+3
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 6)
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 5)
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 15)
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 15)
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 6)
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 5)
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 5)
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 22)
Listen (every 15 minutes of watch)

The night is still young, yet the sounds of the large party are alien to this landscape. Not many creatures venture out this far, and those that do tend to be as quiet as possible.
And yet, for all of its barrenness and inhospitability, the desert is very much alive...


Joachim soon starts to snorre loudly, his horse had layed down in a shielding fashion, against wind and cold somewere nearby. He lay all uncovered by tomany movements of his still remaning energy in the sand. Night rose, frost came ... shivering Joachim awoke as Lorem was taking his watch, getting his blanked he coverd himself up and fell asleep once more. He had a dreamless night and the face showed only a big red sunburn over the blond mustache.

As he was awoken by the previous watch the dawn was getting nearer eventually. Getting his thingstogether the sat next to the horse and looked into the horizon. Now and then he would get up to sond the camping place, but mainly he restrained on looking over things.

As dawn arrives, Raen find himself waking. To be honest it is more from a light meditative state than full sleep. First up, aside from the sentry, he pushes himself through a rigourous set of excercises while the heat of the desert is still not set in. Once completed, he makes his way to the others as they start to wake.

"How did everyone's watches go? Did anyone else see the shapes moving through the dunes?"

Sorry for not posting rolls, but got tied up away from the PC (not literally). Will do so next time Raen sits watch.
Apologies

Apologies for the chronological issues, I'll work it out better next time
OOC
The night drags on, with Tamrik still on the watch. Raen has just gotten to sleep, and Kashue is not yet awake. Raen's report of figures to the South has put Tamrik on high alert, and though his mind wanders at times, he makes his final check at an opportune time...for what he sees, from the west, is a pair of large thorny tumbleweeds, bearing down upon the camp.
Tamrik peers at them suspiciously, and bends down to wake Kashue, when a loud bell tolls throughout the camp, rousing everyone from their slumber. Unfortunately for Kashue and Tamrik, the alarm comes moments too late, as the tumbleweeds suddenly fly into the air. Unfurling like a blooming flower, they launch themselves at the two warriors, their vines covered in wicked-looking thorns.

The first creature attacks Tamrik and attempts to piece the man's flesh with its thorns, only to be rebuffed by the chainmail shirt he wears.
The second weed latches onto Kashue, wrapping its vines around his torso and impaling him with thorns. (5 Damage)

Time to see what you're made of...
1) Please post Initiative
2) Please post 1st-Round actions

If you like, you may also post Alternate Actions "If my target is killed before I attack, I will instead target ___", etc
Combat!

Garak wakes upon hearing the bells sound. He knows from the explanation before they went to sleep that the bells meant there was trouble in the camp. Once on his feet, an unarmored Garak
Dice Roll: 1d20+5
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 10)
pulls his sling and a bullet from his pouch. He was happy to help defend the camp, as he did not want the weeds to bring harm to himself or Kohl.

As soon as he is able to identify an enemy, Garak takes a five foot step back, away from the enemies, and hopefully removing himself from a melee fight, and
Dice Roll: 1D20+6
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 26)
releases the stone.

Kohl remained in front of Garak, holding his actions until one of the thorned plants attacked either him or Garak. Kohl after all was better suited for bearing Garak's pack instead of fighting.


Raen pulls himself up from the bed, and
Init Roll:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 21)
draws his short sword and rapier.

He looks to the closest attacker and moves in to attack.

Short Sword
Dice Roll: 1d20+5
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 15)
Attack
Dice Roll: 1d6+1
d6 Results: 5 (Total = 6)
Damage
Rapier
Dice Roll: 1d20+4
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 21)
Attack
Dice Roll: 1d6+1
d6 Results: 3 (Total = 4)
Damage

If Raen cannot reach an enemy and attack this round, he will move as close to the nearest enemy as possible at standard movement rate (30ft)
Note

"!"

Suddenly, Lorem awakes to the sound of battle. And he sees two tumbleweeds launching themselves at two of his comrades. While Tamrik is well protected by his armour, Kashue doesn't have the same kind of protection. The monsters impales him trough his torso.

"Damn monsters!"

Lorem tries to react as quickly as possible
Dice Roll: 1d20+3
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 17)
Initiative and unsheats his longsword, launching himself at the monster who had just injured his comrade, still attacked at his torso, and then tries to
Dice Roll: 1d20+6 1d8+9
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 17)
d8 Results: 2 (Total = 11)
slash at the thing to free his comrade from his clutch.

"
initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 9)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+7 1d8+2
Original Dice: 1d20+7 1d8+2
To Arms!!
" Tamrik yells out as he
attack roll:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 1d8+2
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 8)
d8 Results: 1 (Total = 3)
slashes at the foe that had tried to whip him. "Why can't beasts just leave me alone?" He growls to himself. Taking watch is always a troublesome time for Tamrik, he ALWAYS gets attacked during watch.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status