Notices


Issue Four: Do You Believe In Magic?

 
Rad

Rad keeps himself out of "The Avengers" way. Offering assistance or browsing through whatever scientific materials are available to him until he is called upon for other duties.

"Hello NY! Here come The Avengers! That sounded sooo cool. Let's roll! Rad you're coming with us."

Energystar will fly there. NY is definately congested so I move 4 areas per round.

Maelstrom will accompany them. Moving to the closest window, he watches as Energystar flies off, and then, choosing a spot just under her, he teleports. Doing this continually, he should be able to follow.

Pulsar, EnergyStar, and Captain fly off towards the Metro Holding Facility, with Maelstrom "popping" in and out below them as they travel. Pedestrians stop and stare, point, or wave at the flying heroes and a few, momentarily starled, lead out of the way as Maelstrom appears, then disappears, in their midst.
I would assume Rad would follow at 'Star's request, either running along or taking up Pulsar's offer of a ride. HackNslash can clarify in his next post.
Radical Warrior
Arriving outside the Metro Facility, all seems calm. A single corrections officer leaves the building as you arrive. By "leaves", I mean "is forcefully ejected through the front glass door, landing approximately 15 feet from the exit."
You take that to imply that all the action is still taking place inside.
Give me an Initiative roll (1d10 plus 1 per rank of Intuition above Typical) on your next post.
Captain's Initiative:
Dice Roll: 1d10+3
d10 Results: 9 (Total = 12)

Marko's Initiative:
Dice Roll: 1d10+1
d10 Results: 9 (Total = 10)

Dice Roll: 1d10+2
d10 Results: 9 (Total = 11)


Maelstrom was slightly winded from his repeated jumps, for no particular reason other than he was unused to using his powers so much and it seemed like it should be tiring to move that way.

"Hey! ..." he huffed as the man flew from the doors. "That's not very nice! You okay mister?"

Sucking in a big lungful of air, he charged the door, ruining the effect by stopping and carefully opening it so as not to cause damage. In fact, if Energystar was anywhere near, he held it for her too before continuing his battle charge.

Rad

Rad will follow along on foot(7areas per round)

Dice Roll: 1d10+4
d10 Results: 10 (Total = 14)
initiative roll

Rad will try to catch the attempted escapee flat footed by maintaing his speed and charging him for his first round attack
Dice Roll: 1D100
d100 Results: 3
Da DA DA Dum DA Da CHARGEEEEE

Init:
Dice Roll: 1d10+2
d10 Results: 6 (Total = 8)


Are you attacking the rent a cop?
rad?

Pulsar charges through another window, trusting that someone will have called 911 for the security guard. He attempts to flatten one of the bad guys, giving preference to the one who appears weaker.

Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackNslash (Radical Warrior)
Rad will try to catch the attempted escapee flat footed by maintaining his speed and charging him for his first round attack.
Rad charges in through a plate glass window and slams into a so-close-it’s-extremely-inconvenient wall in the main lobby of the facility. Rad spots several police officers and a large hulking creature he assumes to be Man-Mountain Marko before his vision is interrupted by reinforced drywall.
Mild soreness, nothing serious.

The Captain shuts off his rocket pack and lands on his feet, instantly breaking into a sprint. He draws his shield from his back and jumps through the remains of the window Rad entered through. Once inside, the Captain stops in his tracks and quickly assess the situation…
Several officers stand around an unnaturally large man. Everyone’s attention seems momentarily distracted by the black-suited man who just ran in here and crashed into a wall.
The Captain throws his shield, which whacks Marko about mid-torso, rebounds off, hits a wall, and bounces back to Cap’s waiting hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (Maelstrom)
Sucking in a big lungful of air, he charged the door, ruining the effect by stopping and carefully opening it so as not to cause damage. In fact, if Energystar was anywhere near, he held it for her too before continuing his battle charge.
One must never forget one’s manners, particularly in times of crisis.

Marko turns his attention towards Cap, the only person to hurt him so far. He charges at Cap who stands his ground, fully expecting to be able to withstand whatever this loser can throw at him.
Oops. Bad call on his part.
Marko throws a roundhouse punch that actually takes Cap off his feet. He drops his shield and stumbles woozily for a bit before bumping into a desk which he grabs on to in hopes of stabilizing himself. He rapidly shakes his head back and forth a few times.
He won’t be helping much next round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Ji (Pulsar)
Pulsar charges through another window, trusting that someone will have called 911 for the security guard. He attempts to flatten the bad guy.
Another window shatters, spraying shards of glass
Miraculously, no one is injured by the broken glass. Comic book glass is cool like that. It shatters purely for maximum visual effect and does not cause injury to bystanders.
everywhere. The mechanically augmented form of Pulsar flies directly into Marko, slamming into him and knocking him back a few feet, but not down. Pulsar lands (as there isn’t much room to continue flying around in here) and Marko stands facing him, looking extremely agitated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar)
Energystar runs toward the building.
EnergyStar glides in from her flight and lands in a run. Reaching the glass door of the facility, she finds Maelstrom awaiting her arrival, holding the door open for her in a gentlemanly fashion.
She enters. Maelstrom follows. The entire door and frame collapses to the ground behind them and shatters as, after Pulsar’s dramatic entrance, the supporting framework for the front windows and door were pretty much destroyed. Maelstrom holding the door open for the past couple seconds is the only thing that kept it upright for this long.

Rad, Cap (stumbling), Pulsar, Marko, ‘Star, and Maelstrom now have a wide berth cleared for them in the lobby of the holding center. Uniformed police officers stand in a ring…a WIDE ring around them, weapons drawn, but holding their fire, lest they hit any of the new arrivals (that would be you guys). They seem content to stand down and see how this plays out, hopeful that it won’t last much longer now that the cavalry has arrived.

Energystar takes a step forward.

"Marko perhaps you may have made a bit of a mistake. You don't really think that you can get past ALL of us do you? It is VERY unlikely. So I suppose your decision is this, get the mess knocked out of you or surrender and go back to your cell, this time with the inhibitors permanently applied. Either way, the later happens, it is just how much you are going to hurt that is in debate."

As she says this she takes out her staff and begins to spin it in her hand. She also readies a Gravitic Force Field if he comes after her.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us