Issue Four: Do You Believe In Magic?

Energystar looks sheepishly around the coner at Hank, "I'm a little busy. I uh...have to get ready... Cap and I are going out tonight. See ya later." She runs off to her quarters and gets ready to leave for a night on the town with Cap.

Rad

Rad, after thanking the wall for stopping him, lays low at the scene and returns as inconspicuously as possible. He resumes hanging around the mansion doing his best to stay out of the way.

He offers whatever help he can in the research of the recent events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar)
Energystar looks sheepishly around the corner at Hank, "I'm a little busy. I uh...have to get ready... Cap and I are going out tonight. See ya later." She runs off to her quarters and gets ready to leave for a night on the town with Cap.
Hank walks briskly after EnergyStar, following her up to her room. Hank's automated sidekick, Rover, follows him, lagging about 20 feet behind and carrying a red jumpsuit.
He pursues 'Star to her room, follows her in and slams the door. Rover flies into 'Star's closed door, bounces off, and hovers outside waiting for Hank to reappear.
Cap looks at Pulsar, Maelstrom, and Rad, shrugs, and walks over the 'Star's room. Moving past Rover, he pauses for a second, then presses his ear to the door...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackNslash (Radical Warrior)
[Rad]...offers whatever help he can in the research of the recent events.
That Rad...
GM makes an Intuition roll...look for a PM
he's a pretty smart guy.

Beorn is in the kitchen with Bova, a nice frilly apron around his waist, when the news came on. The two were just sampling some fresh cookies and he was regaling her with stories of his son's misadventures when the anchorman announced the attack in NY that day. Swilling deeply of his milk, Beorn turned to pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyStar
”Yes we were there when it happened. It turned out to be Thanos...”

PPFFPFTPTTFF!!! He squirted milk all over Bova. "should she have said that?!"

Rad

Rad decides to chase down Dr. Pym as he heads for Energystars room.

"Umm Dr. Pym....I may have a clue, well in theory at least. Can you spare a quick moment? If not catch me after your meeting."

Pulsar walks in the room, his helmet in one hand, scrubbing out the inside with his other hand. He has coffee all over his hair.

I suppose installing that beverage dispenser and tv viewscreen might have been overdoing it, eh? So energystar, why on earth did you feel the need to mention Thanos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (EnergyStar)
He squirted milk all over Bova. "Should she have said that?!"
”Oh, dear” the dripping Bova comments, as she towels off Beorn with a spare apron. Fortunately, the cookies were saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackNslash (Radical Warrior)
Rad decides to chase down Dr. Pym as he heads for Energystar’s room.
"Umm Dr. Pym....I may have a clue, well in theory at least. Can you spare a quick moment? If not catch me after your meeting."
Hank turns and raises the index finger of his right hand as if to indicate “I’ll be right there” and then disappears into EnergyStar’s room. Standing outside ‘Star’s room with Cap (who has his ear against the door) and the flying robot, Rover, several minutes pass as you occasionally hear some raised voices from inside the room. Finally, Hank exists, as Cap quickly steps back from the door. Cap smiles as Hank looks him in the eyes and pauses before turning his attention to Rad. ”Yes, Rad”, Hank says. ”What do you have for me?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post

Hank turns and raises the index finger of his right hand as if to indicate “I’ll be right there” and then disappears into EnergyStar’s room. Standing outside ‘Star’s room with Cap (who has his ear against the door) and the flying robot, Rover, several minutes pass as you occasionally hear some raised voices from inside the room. Finally, Hank exists, as Cap quickly steps back from the door. Cap smiles as Hank looks him in the eyes and pauses before turning his attention to Rad. ”Yes, Rad”, Hank says. ”What do you have for me?”

"Well, i'm no expert on the subject but there are some noteworty similarities in how Thanos and Blue Marvel teleported out of here earlier and the way your missing Avengers vanished. You see when Beorn teleports theres a shimmering effect on himself and the object before it teleports. The vanishing Avengers vanished cleanly as did Thanos and Blue Marvel. One could reasonably theorize that Thanos could have something to do with or at least have knowledge of the dissapearances. This could be the workings of beings far superior to all of our combined abilities. of course thats just pure speculation.Then again i have been considered on the paranoid side lately and may be just having another episode. The differences in the types of teleportation could theorhetically also explailn beorns difficulties in teleporting that Cosmic control twig thingy.

I read up in the files on thanos and i understand now that he had ties to Blue Marvel...hence Blue Marvels behavior. However his history is not exactly portraying Thanos as somebody that would be on our side. Which brings me to my next point. I mean the files say Thanos was exiled years ago. What brought him out and why? I'm not familiar with these "Eternals" but it sounds like these are some pretty serious events unfolding. It's not just about the missing Avengers but about some kind of cosmic level plot.

If my feelings are right. We are going to need to find some serious help and make some kind of contact with these "Eternals" to figure out how Thanos got out of exile. If we could somehow contact this Adam Warlock being that exiled him and always seems to be there to fight Thanos. We may be able to find out what is happening. Also during each of these run ins on file with Thanos large numbers of earths heroes have joined forces with this Warlock to aid in bringing Thanos down. This gives me another theory that our missing heroes may have already been called off to do just this.

Well, i'm starting to sound crazy again but i'm good at it. But maybe it will help you get to the bottom of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackNslash
"Well, I'm no expert on the subject but there are some noteworty similarities in how Thanos and Blue Marvel teleported out of here earlier and the way your missing Avengers vanished...Well, I'm starting to sound crazy again but I'm good at it. But maybe it will help you get to the bottom of things."
Hank listens stoicly, but attentively, to Rad's monologue. When he's done, Hank responds.

"I don't think you're crazy at all...you've got a few great ideas worth following up there...if Thanos' teleportation and the Avengers' disappearance are related...that may at least give us a reason why Maelstrom's teleportation seems to function differently...I think we need to perform some experiments on...um...with...Maelstrom. Let's talk to him about it."

On the way, Hank informs Rad that there are three Eternals who are currently members of the Avenegers...unfortunately, all three (Circe, Gilgamesh, and Starfox) are all currently missing...

Rad and Hank track down Beorn and Bova in the kitchen. Hank excitedly explains to Maelstrom about some ideas Rad had in relation to teleportation. Hank wants to setup an experiment and monitor Maelstrom's teleportation between several distant locations and obtain some data on what he can and can't do. It may help to give them a better understanding of Maelstrom's power, as well as teleportation in general.

Beorn looks startled and pained as the spotlight of attention is turned on him, but he slumps his shoulders and nods his mute agreement.

"Of course, if it will help. I should say though, I .... I think that Rad is correct. Mine is different. I was there when Thanatos teleported away and it felt nothing like what happens to me. When I do it, my self just dissolves and for an instant I seem to cease to exist. The universe seems to want me the way I am though. I'm sort of ....stuck. So it brings me back, it's just I can kind of control where. I think that might be why I can't quite die too. I'd sure like to know why it works - how it works. It's one of the reasons I came to AEF."