Notices

Valrik the Vile

I was trying to base it on the dock area.
The DMG starts at 1000gp but doesn't have a lot of disctiction in the types, location and such of said small house.

you want a basement for icky stuff, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
1. Valrik's shop is an area neither wealthy nor seedy enough that the wealthy wouldn't be willing to go there.

2. Valrik belongs to an organization that deals with alchemical and poisonous substances, probably with ties to assassins and other organizations that use these substances.

JCBarnes, does Valrik have any official ties to the University?
I don't see him being tied to the University unless it is the only arcane organization in the city.

How about 3000 gp for a shop with residence and cellar (for the naughty portion of the lab) in a location as you described and 1000 gp more for stock for the shop? Magic items (i.e magic potions) would not be included in that stock, being made on a special order basis during play.

JCBarnes, tentatively yes on price.

Medusa, location choice is good. Of course, most of the city is docks!

I'll work on location and real estate details tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
JCBarnes, tentatively yes on price.

Medusa, location choice is good. Of course, most of the city is docks!
I'll work on location and real estate details tonight.
You know I wasn't considering that lol

Given the interest rates on the debts, Valrik will max out his legal loan at 1000 gp and the rest will have to be illegal.

With a bi-weekly compounding of interest, he's going to be doing a lot of moonlighting right off the bat.

To keep up with interest he will need to generate 450 gp per week for the illegal loan and 34 gp per week for the legit loan.

A good thing he doesn't eat much

I've been looking for a suitable headshot and came up with this one. I don't have a utility to crop it to the right size though. Can you get it to appropriate size?