Notices

Krellish

Diehard [General]

Prerequisite: Endurance.

Benefit: When reduced to between -1 and -9 hit points, you automatically become stable. You don't have to roll d% to see if you lose 1 hit point each round.

When reduced to negative hit points, you may choose to act as if you were disabled, rather than dying. You must make this decision as soon as you are reduced to negative hit points (even if it isn't your turn). If you do not choose to act as if you were disabled, you immediately fall unconscious.

When using this feat, you can take either a single move or standard action each turn, but not both, and you cannot take a full round action. You can take a move action without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other action deemed as strenuous, including some free actions, such as casting a quickened spell) you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. If you reach -10 hit points, you immediately die.

Normal: A character without this feat who is reduced to between -1 and -9 hit points is unconscious and dying.

Ouch... need endurance too?

I only have 3 feats to work with (template applied to human gets me the bonus feat, correct?)

No, type becomes giant.

Should we write up a template class for half-scrag? Or would you consider the full-scrag progression from Savage Species? The HD are getting me down too.

Well... full scrag would get me a lot less skill points, less feats... less a lot of stuff. Just more HD, and regen 1 (water only). Half-scrag works better.

I'm all for keeping him the way he is. What's life without a little risk?

I can see the point on Scrag.

You can take flaws to increase your feats.

Yeah, I know... but I don't like any of the flaws with this character.

Only other thing I can think of is Medusa's idea... make half-scrag LA +3 instead of +4... really, the +4 makes sense in a pureply aquatic game, given that he's slower on land than a troll and doesn't fast heal unless in water. That would get me a second rogue level - another feat (yay for fighter bonus bariant), another 10 HP, and evasion. If that doesn't keep me alive, I might as well make the worg character now

But, again... I'm all for keeping him as he is. I don't plan on dying no matter what his faults are.

You get water breathing and a swim speed. There's a ton of water in the area. Plus you have the option to purchase an item that will allow you fast healing all the time.

So, no on the LA change.

However, my husband and I are discussing whether you get the human feat. He is uncertain that my interpretation is correct and is going to do a bit of reading for me to verify.

I had always thought a template is applied to the base creature... so, you get everything the base creature had, and then add to it what the template has.

So, if I was a half-scrag orc, I'd get al the orc stuff (more strength, that's scary), and then slap a half-scrag on top of it. Humans are just weird cause they get that free feat. (and skill points)

You are probably right, but some templates don't work that way... the phrasing of parts of the half-scrag template (being a 3.0 template) is a bit obscure.

My computer problem today put me way behind schedule... I'll get back to you on this ASAP.