Notices

Cymmeiian

Since before the founding of Fairhaven, in fact going back to times Ancient, there was a being of primeval power here, borne where the lush muds of the great river meets the sea.

This being was worshiped by the ancient civilizations that existed prior to the humanocentric city of Fairhaven.

Several cults, in particular that of the Greb goblins of Fairhaven, have existed over the centuries and paid abeyance and worship to this being, which is, itself, attended by beings of the lower planes. Most prefer this great primeval evil lies dormant (Cthulu-esque in stature), but there are those, for there own reasons, desire the beast to be awakened.

The awakening of the beast would likely mean destruction of the city itself, to say the least.

The Praetor Syndicate seeks the wakening of the beast, but seek to control it first before it is wakened.

The Praetor Syndicate is a deadly consortium of assassins seeking political power in Fairhaven. The Secret Keepers are loosely allied with them, though they would prefer to keep the dark being dormant. Their second choice would be to have it active, but under control.

There's more. This is just the first batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
The Praetor Syndicate seeks the wakening of the beast, but seek to control it first before it is wakened.

The Praetor Syndicate is a deadly consortium of assassins seeking political power in Fairhaven. The Secret Keepers are loosely allied with them, though they would prefer to keep the dark being dormant. Their second choice would be to have it active, but under control.
This sounds good.
Possibilities?
The Five Keys (Secret Keepers) could have been established as the check-and-balance to the Praetor Syndicate....they work together and of their own accord but they work towards a common goal? Perhaps each holds 1 half of the secret of how it the beast is controlled or how the beast is woken, etc....

Perhaps the Five Keys are the only ones who know how to wake the beast but they will nto do so until they discover how to control it first. The Praetors could be trying everything they can to unlock that mystery so that the Keys will wake the beast.....

These are just surface thoughts here and I know that you have more....

hey WW, is there anything that I can do to help you out with Cymmeiian and his story? I am not in a huge hurry or anything, I just wanted to know if you needed anything from me.

I'm waiting on this discussion to be resolved before moving ahead. I'll also have to discuss things a bit with WW.

I have not been posting. Shame on me. Bump this thread in 24 hours if I don't get back to you before then.

Another 24 hour bump request. Actually, better make it 48. I'm very busy tomorrow, and I'm very behind in all my games as I have not been posting. My response will probably have to be really detailed, and there are people I've left hanging even longer.

No worries, WW. I am good with whenever as uni is pretty busy atm anyways. I am the last person who can complain about delays/absences in posting. Take your time as I know there is a lot vested in this forthcoming discussion.