Father Silas Taro

Mammon sounds great (why didn't I remember him? d'oh!). Anyway, will work on the requested information as I can. Still getting slammed with holiday fun and i have 2 sick babies on top of it.

I'm shooting for Monday, but we don't need everything in place.

Poor sick babies. That sucks.

Any thoughts on how to balance the obvious advantages this character would have over the others due to background? Obligations, perhaps?

There are rules for the cliche' selling the soul for profit associated with Mammon. Up to 40% boost in total wealth also there are exp rewards to be had.
Are these rules in play? Some of our lunitics might decide father silas is right? I will hunt down book and page for them but it is in one of the MM/hells books I have on pdf.

to all-I have begun work on the character sheet, but the nasty flu/cold that has stricken my house has claimed me as its next victim. Throw new years eve and day 'festivities' on top of that and my time is limited.

Good news? The three year old is recovering well. The 1 year old is doing ok.
Bad news? Wife and myself are now sick as dogs

got a little time..working on the sheet. Rolling for levels 4 & 5 HP:
Dice Roll: 1d8 1d8
d8 Results: 6
d8 Results: 4

Been reading over Fiendish Codex 2.

Basically, Silas has had dealings with a Harvester Devil.(FC2 pg117). Through many months (or years) or speaking with Matukal, Silas eventual signed a Pact Certain (FC2 pg23) and declares allegiance to Mammon. Silas is after personal power and the wealth that comes with it.

As far as game-balance in regards to other starting characters, there is nothing in the Codex which states the gained benefit from the pact is immediate. In the case of money (depending on the level of corruption that Silas must attain), who is to say how long a devil is to distribute a reward, as long as he does so according to the pact.

To the GM(s), I think it would be best for you to devise the diabolic terms and conditions of the Pact. Silas will have no problem gaining corruption points (FC2 pg30) due to his evil nature.

As for his worship of Zilchus: I don't think Silas is part of the Mammon cult yet. Zilchus and Mammon both share the Trickery domain, so I may choose that for one of my domains. And after signing the pact, Silas is immediately Lawful Evil, which wouldn't matter much as a cleric of Zilchus.

Other possibilites: To attain his position as leader of the church of Zilchus, the former high-priest would have to be removed. To facilitate this, Silas would hire a 'hit man' to keep his hands as clean as possible. It is quite possible that this hired killer would be from the Fellowship, thus forming a relationship with the group.

Silas' reputation for extracting information (whether through confession or torture) has attracted the attention of a Fellowship member who needs a favor of their own.

Those are some of the ideas I am having so far.

On another note, I am having a devil of a time finding a suitable portrait. I've been using Google image search, and am having no luck. Any ideas?

The following posts include PC Roster sized images, and full portraits if you want one for your post in the Character Gallery.

Here's the first two.

Number one, the hair matches, facial expression doesn't IMO. Dig them shoulder pads. LOL.

Number two, the hair doesn't match in length and style, but this guy will mess you up. He's got a sorta General Zod appeal to him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silas01.jpg (15.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Silas01full.jpg (79.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Silas02.jpg (16.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Silas02full.jpg (65.1 KB, 0 views)

Two more. The first one matches on hair, especially the immaculate and long. The second one... not so much, but his face seems capable of the range of expression you described Silas as having... plus, I would totally tap that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silas03.jpg (15.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Silas03full.jpg (44.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Silas04.jpg (14.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Silas04full.jpg (41.5 KB, 0 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
Two more. The first one matches on hair, especially the immaculate and long. The second one... not so much, but his face seems capable of the range of expression you described Silas as having... plus, I would totally tap that.
Yes! #2 does look like his face. I might play around in Paintshop with the hair. Thanks WW!