Lenna Sha'am

Lenna Sha'am

Influence SRD Contact

Stefan Teague, Adjunct of the Third Estate

Despite the sound of the title, the Third Estate of the Tetracameral Parliament of Fairhaven holds the most power, consisting of wealthy merchants, most of whom lack noble title. The First Estate, comprised of the hereditary nobility, runs a poor second in power and influence. The Lord Mayor himself, Chief Magistrate of Fairhaven, is of the Third Estate. The Duchy of Fennick is unusual in Elanthor. Perhaps it is because the King himself resides nearby, but the nobility is not the most important governing body on a local level.

Adjunct Stefan Teague, widower, father of three, is a career politician. Wise investments and an excellent education have allowed him to rise in social standing. Formerly Adjunct of the Fourth Estate, the terrae filius or common people, his success in financial dealings allowed him the opportunity to buy in to an office in the Third, where he thought he would be able to better advance his conservative but well-meaning viewpoints.

Born the only son of middle class parents, he is a proponent of public works, blue laws, and legislation protecting the lower classes from victimization by the wealthy. He currently resides in High Rathmead.

--------------------------------------------------

The Union of Bards and Entertainers runs the vast majority of prostitution in the city; they run a tight ship and keep their girls safe and healthy in brothels confined to the red light portion of the theater district. Non-unionized operations are oppressed with a firm hand; however, while the Union's grip is strong they have a short reach. Your past contact with the guild is Dana Delureux, a Madame at Chateaus Bellisonte.

Regarding my contact -

WW, I'm not sure how much Clark has told you about our proposed history together - let me know if this is out of context for you. (To be honest, I'm not sure if we ever finished our discussion - I lost track of our PM thread. I'll get on that). I'd like my contact to be someone I would have met while attending various galas and balls with Laz in Fairhaven - a minor noble would be best, but if that's out of the question I'll settle for a wealthy merchant. Definitely an upper-class type of person. Is that all the info you need form me, or is there more I should request/describe about my (proposed) contact?

You may describe your contact to whatever level of detail you would like.

1. I'll get on that contact description...soon.
2. Regarding mundane equipment - is there need for rations/bedroll/etc? I suppose you can't really answer that question b/c there's no telling whee we all may end up at night (well...I have an idea where Lenna might be...), but I'm not crazy to think that we'll have real beds and prepared meals, right?
3. Thinking about how I bought off my LA - to be a BIG stickler about things, should I start with more that 8,000? I had to pay 2,000 to get rid of the LA, but technically that was at ECL 3, so Lenna's had some time to amass some more XP and start closing the gap. Also, this is a silly question, and unless you (or, more likely, your husband the rules lawyer) likes doing stupid, useless math, you should totally ignore this.

2. No, not really. City adventures seldom require camping gear.

3. Absolutely not. Regardless of how it would have worked were you playing the character during the interim, you weren't. I sort of see your point, but consider the generosity involved xp-wise in allowing retroactive LA buy-off... also, the calculation would have to include what percentage of xp Lenna earned through combat vs. how much through RP (just living and doing her thing, which is multiplied by level and which she would therefore receive less of), which is ludicrous.

I don't see her as being terribly combative, therefore she'd probably take an additional xp penalty due to reduced level multiplier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
ludicrous
I think you missed my point until that last word. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't actually mean to suggest that I should be getting bonus XP or something like that. On the other hand, what you said about XP gain for Lenna fits pretty well, and is a good reference.

I keep on forgetting to ask you to do this, WW: could you please ask the locals the question I asked my fellow non-locals (namely, if they and Lenna and have sexual encounters in the past). I'm still finalizing things with Clark, but I think, based on what we've set down so far - has Clark told you what it is, by the way? I'd assume so, but just to make sure - that the opportunity for Lenna to have "gotten to know" some of the other locals is definitely a possibility.

Regarding Lenna's contact: If it's alright for you, I'd like my contact to be a lower-level local politician. Lenna met him at one of the various galas that she attended with Laz. The man (whose name is yet to be determined - feel free to take that into your own hands) is a good guy, and very well-intended; within the generally corrupt system often lie a few (relatively) pure individuals, and this man is one such politician. He's concerned primarily with the "public good" in Fairhaven, something that (I'd assume) isn't necessarily on many other people's minds. He's most vocal about legislation that includes statues about public areas (parks and the like), temperance/prohibition, and prostitution (hehe ). Interacting with the man, Lenna is of course very moral and pure - all the better to corrupt him with, my dear! (Gosh, I've got to save for that Ritual.) He doesn't have to be married, but that might add an interesting element to things. I leave it up to you.

Hope that's alright. Let me know if you have any questions or would like any clarifications.

I think everyone is aware of the sex question from earlier posts, and if they haven't answered, then you can assume no.

I didn't mean "ludicrous" as harshly as it sounded. Y'know, sometimes typing as many responses as I have to, I forget to look back to see if I've been polite. LOL.

Take anything I say with a grain of salt. Sometimes I'm brusque.

Contact looks good.

Sharp claw,

Here's some background knowledge (subject to WW's editorial pen):

The Union of Bards and Entertainers runs the vast majority of prostitution in the city; they run a tight ship (excuse the pun) and keep their girls safe and healthy in brothels confined (giggity) to the red light portion of the theater district. Non-unionized operations are oppressed with a firm hand (nice); however, while the Union's grip is strong (heh) they have a short (ahem) reach. Your past contact with the guild is Dana Delureux, a Madame at Chateaus Bellisonte.

Independent pimps run girls outside of the Union's district; some of these individuals are more brutal than others. Lester Quind is one such pimp. He wanted you on his staff (that's the best one yet) but you have managed to avoid coming under his heel (rolls eyes at myself) the last time you were in town.

Additionally, there are niche services operating in the various ghettos that cater to specific races.

Bearing in mind that Lenna is a high class courtesan, there would be many who would object to her operating independently. The Fellowship does not have a strong foothold in Fairhaven.