Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Confetti's Artsy Thread

Haha, Confetti, cool stuff.

A few classmates of mine were with me when I opened your thread, and the immediate response was that the toilet spot was relatively small compared to the water sink on the top.

I like the shaders, though. The stairs look like they're mapped with fractal or marble or cloud - not sure which - and I'm sure you liked the reflection with the semi-metallic look on the.. phong (It looks anisotropic, though.)? Anyways, keep it up! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaXe View Post
Haha, Confetti, cool stuff.

A few classmates of mine were with me when I opened your thread, and the immediate response was that the toilet spot was relatively small compared to the water sink on the top.
Meh. That's what I get for only putting an hour and a half into it.

Quote:
I like the shaders, though. The stairs look like they're mapped with fractal or marble or cloud - not sure which - and I'm sure you liked the reflection with the semi-metallic look on the.. phong (It looks anisotropic, though.)? Anyways, keep it up! =)
Yes it's phong. I don't even know what phong means. Just tinkered with the different settings and liked the reflection I got. That's how I've been teaching myself Blender, trial and error. So far it has worked nicely.

Haha, you don't really need to know. Just know:

1) Phong will always look like phong unless you tweak the heck out of it.
2) A guy named Phong wrote the shading model.

Alrighty then. Good to know.

I'm working on animating a Bomb-Omb as of now. I can't seem to get the grass to render though. It looks fine in the editor but the camera won't pick it up. I'm using a flat, green plane and projecting particles that show before and after they are born. Is that not a good way to do it?

ToT

Well, I've been working on this for nearly a month now and don't have all that much to show for it. Shoutbox regulars have already seen these, but I must post them anyway. Cause Sith will kill me if I don't finish. Or at least look like I'm doing something. I'll stop ranting now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gems.jpg (16.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Pedestal.png (134.0 KB, 0 views)

Well I got bored and made another CG terrain. The camera gave me a bit of trouble here. Couldn't seem to get a good shot with out getting some of the
If you look at the Armageddon picture you can see the black edge of the Terragen world
edge in there.