List of Traveller and 2300AD players - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

List of Traveller and 2300AD players

List of Traveller and 2300AD players

We currently have 47 Traveller Players on the list!
It's starting to look like a list already.

Since there is a thread for players of Freeform and another for players of Old-school D&D and retroclones and yet another for Eclipse Phase players I decided* it would be cool (and maybe useful) to have a listing of potential Traveller players and GMs.

Please, when posting interest in this thread, let us know whether the following is true:
  1. You'd play any edition of Traveller (If not, which editions are fine?)
  2. You need no help to create a character in the following editions (obviously you can be fine with editions you don't have the corebook for).
  3. You're fine with all versions of the setting.
  4. You're accepting PMs with invitations to play.
  5. You're willing to Referee if a group can be found.
  6. You'd accept PMs with invitations to check a "Referee wanted" thread.

That would be your Universal Forum Profile.
Of course, you can post again to mention any changes in your UFP.

My experience has been that many people that would run Traveller, think there would be nobody else interested. (Other old school games can also have difficulty finding players, and Traveller is old-school in a good way. So an ad can go a couple weeks without any interest and then have 10 apps in two days, according to the Old-School players thread).

*Prompted by discussions in a Traveller game's pre-game OOC.

Current List:
  1. @AsenRG
    1. No. Don't bother offering me Traveller d20 (alas, that includes T20:2320). Everything else is negotiable.
    2. CF, MgT1e, MgT2e, T5, MgT1e:2300, Mercator
    3. Yes.
    4. For RL reasons that's only a "maybe", now.
    5. No.
    6. Yes - though I'd probably just join the thread as a player.
    UFP
  2. @Hardwire
    1. No Only interested in MgT1e and MgT2e
    2. I would need help in all other editions except (CT, T4, T5, MgT1e, MgT2e).
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes
    5. Possibly
    6. Possibly
    UFP
  3. @Cirlot

1> Nyet. HERO is alien to me, and T5 requires more time than I care to put into it. Also willing to play Worlds Apart or Orbital.
    2> CT, MgT1 & GURPS (
    I have the books for it (Far Trader rocks!) but no practical experience.
    ish)
    3> Affirmative!
    4> Always interested, not always able.
    5> No. Mostly.
    6> I wouldn't refuse but I shouldn't be anyone's first choice.

UFP
  4. @arfinach
    1 MGT1, MGT2 or OT.
    2 Anything not MGT or OT I would need help.
    3 Yes
    4 Yes
    5 After a few games sure.
    6 Yes
    UFP
  5. @Itzchy
    1. Yes, but I didn't even know there were so many variations. I only have the rulebooks for T20 and MgT1 though
    2. T20 and MgT1
    3. Yup
    4. Yes
    5. I may not be the best one what with my poor work-life balance but I'd give it a shot, sure.
    6. Sure thing
    UFP
  6. @leons1701
    Classified
    UFP
  7. @Lycar
    1: Yes. This is about the setting, the rules are merely a means to the end of bringing the setting alive.
    That said, I can not fathom how they thought a level based system like D20 would be a good idea. Or WoD D20:
    2: I could make do with some help tweaking things to better fit a party, but I have books for Mark Miller's Traveller, Megatraveller, 2 of the Gurps books and Mongoose' Traveller.
    3: Mostly. As long as Vargr are available, I'm happy. I don't absolutely *have* to have them but I like them. A lot.
    4: Eh sure. I was a game not too long ago but sadly, the GM disappeared.
    5: I theory I'd be willing. But experience tells me that I may not be capable to sustain a constant amount of dedication
    to the task, so it would be best if I stuck to being a player.
    6: Sure. I could always Co-GM some things. Run NPCs maybe. Help out with stuff. That should work.
    UFP
  8. @Svartalf
    To be submitted
    UFP
  9. @Ostrich Rage
    1. MgT1e, MgT2e, T5, Mercator
    2. No help needed.
    3. All settings are fine really.
    4. Before accepting invitations to play, I'd like to know more about the game itself and ask questions if needed.
    5. Haven't played enough of it to actually run it.
    6. No.
    UFP
  10. @Kingside_Bishop
    1. I will play any edition of Traveller, but am only familiar with Mongoose Traveller.
    2. I need no help in creating characters for Mongoose Traveller.
    3. I am fine with all versions of the setting.
    4. I accept PMs with invitations to play.
    5. I am not currently willing to Referee if a group can be found, as I am already running a game.
    6. I would not prefer PMs with invitations to check a "Referee wanted" thread.
    UFP
  11. @Pyske
    1. I'd play any edition. I own the CT, MT, TNE, T4, T20, MongTrav, T5 in a combination of PDF and paper.
    2. Minimal chargen help required - I get versions confused.
    3. All settings.
    4. PMs are fine.
    5. Unwilling to ref until I regain some free time.
    6. PMs to ref are OK, but please expect a "no" answer.
    UFP
  12. @Mrcle
    1: Mongoose Preferably since im familiar with it. Though I'd also do gurps
    2: I wouldn't need any help making a character in Mongoose or Gurps, though if I were to do the others I would.
    3: Yes
    4: Yes
    5: Probably not
    6: Yes
    UFP
  13. @Silent Hunter UK
    Mongoose myself, but I have the Classic LBBs.
    UFP
  14. @Sir Rantsalot
    1: Mongoose Editions and possibly Mercator
    2: I will need some coaching.
    3: Prefer Mongoose Editions
    4: Yes, please PM me with an invitation to your game.
    5: I would rather not Referee.
    6: I would rather not Referee, but if you PM me and ask me to show interest in a thread, I will take a look.
    UFP
  15. @DaveW
    1. CT, MT, TNE, GURPS Traveller, MgT1e
    2. All above, not familiar with others
    3. Yes, but prefer either early Solomani Rim (Solomani-Villani interaction) or Spinward Marches (especially around 5th Frontier War, and shortly before)
    4. Yes, but likely would not unless the game is ideal for me. I'm pretty busy these days.
    5. Not at this time, but potentially later.
    6. Yes.
    UFP
  16. @Xan Erkenbrand
    1. Classic or Mongoose, I might go for GURPS as well.
    2. I have all the LBBs, and some Mongoose, and GURPS
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No, but willing to try at some stage.
    6. Yes
    UFP
  17. @Lexxdamus
    1. Any mongoose edition only.
    2. I can make a character by myself in mongoose easily.
    3. I prefer your standard 3rd Imperium setup but adaptable to other settings too.
    4. Yes
    5. Yes for a small group ( 3-4 max) possibly using Mongoose edition.
    6. Yes if the prior criteria are filled.
    UFP
  18. @PMChapmanii
    1: I don't think I could play gurps, spent weeks making a future-tech character and not worth the time. Would not mind trying others, but have never played many.
    2: not a one, though I am mostly ok with Mongoose traveler e1, which I have made a character for. So much fun I decided to join the club.
    3: I have no idea, but haven't found an issue yet. I know I would not play anything above pg 13 though.
    4: Yes
    5: No
    6: I would look at it, but that doesn't mean I could Referee anything. My DM track record... not good.
    UFP
  19. @Robbadener
    1)Prefer Mongoose Traveller, but Classic and Megatraveller are fine. Iffy on others. Absolutely no on T20 or GURPS.
    2)no
    3)yes
    4)yes
    5)maybe, but prefer not
    6)ditto [maybe, but prefer not to referee]
    UFP
  20. @Southernskies
    1. Classic
    2. No help
    3. All settings
    4. PM accepted
    5. RL makes Referee too unreliable
    6. See 5.
    UFP
  21. @Wordwarrior
    1. Mongoose Traveller. Open to other versions, but don't have access to the rules.
    2. Would need help with any version other than Mongoose T.
    3. Don't know a huge amount about the setting, so I'm pretty flexible with regard to that.
    4. Most likely, yes. May depend on how many games I have going when I get the PM.
    5. No, not for Traveller. I'm not nearly familiar enough with the rules to be comfortable with that.
    6. No. Again, not sufficiently familiar with the game rules to referee at this time.
    UFP
  22. @ateno - (Eric, player since 1981)
    1. Any edition of Traveller.
    2. No help needed to create a character in any edition
    3. All versions of the setting are fine.
    4. Accepting PMs with invitations to play.
    5. Not willing to Referee at this time.
    6. Would not accept PMs with invitations to check "Referee wanted" threads.
    UFP
  23. @Fnord72
    1. Any edition of Traveller.
    2. No help needed to create a character in any edition
    3. All versions of the setting are fine.
    4. Accepting PMs with invitations to play.
    5. Not willing to Referee at this time.
    6. Would not accept PMs with invitations to check "Referee wanted" threads.
    UFP
  24. @Chucky the Hammer
    1) Not no but h*** no
    2) CT, TNE, MgT either, including T5 and T5.09. Clarification Marc Miller Traveller is T4, T5 is a new(ish) animal
    3) Yes
    4) Yes.
    5) No, most likely
    6) Not if there is a more available choice.
    UFP
  25. @JagrHunter
    1. Yes, except for Mercator
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. No
    UFP
  26. @JosephJoestar

1. Yes
    2. No. I'd need an introduction to basically anything other than Mongoose.
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. No
    UFP
  27. @Arcticus
    1. Yes. I'm down to try Traveller in any form. However, I own MgT1 and TNE at present so I'd prefer those ones. (I'm willing to look at another version though)
    2. No. I'd probably need some help. If only just to make sure I did everything right.
    3. Yes. Don't have much of a personal preference regarding setting.
    4. Yes.
    5. Yes. I'd rather play first and get used to the system. But if there was no else, I would do it.
    6. Yes.
    UFP
  28. @Qstor
    1. Yes but t5 so so.. You'd play any edition of Traveller (If not, which editions are fine?)
    2. CT, TNE, T4. GT, T20. TNE 1248, mGt1e. Mgt3e. 2300AD 2300 for T20 Mgt1e 2300 AD.
    3. Yes
    4. maybe depending on my schedule. probably a short game is fine.
    5. yes
    6. ???
    UFP
  29. @Rena_ishatar
    1. Yes¹
    2. MgT (black book, red letters)
    3. Yes
    4. Yes²
    5. Maybe
    6. Never hurts to look²
    ¹only have MgT but acquiring other core rulebooks will not be hard.
    ²PMs may take a week or more to learn of existence.
    UFP
  30. @cybersavant
    1. yes, definitely
    2. might need just a bit of double checking, depending on edition
    3. yes
    4. sure
    5. not up to speed to GM
    6. no point at this time

addendum = not familiar with mercator, but would be willing to play in other settings with T rules
    UFP
  31. @S.John Ross
    1. No, but I'm interested / experienced with Classic Traveller (esp. the Traveller Book version), MegaTraveller and GURPS Traveller
    2. I need no help with the above versions of interest.
    3. I'm fine with the versions of the setting attached to the above.
    4. Sure.
    5. No.
    6. Yes, with an eye toward playing, not GMing.
    UFP
  32. @Tannhauser
    1. No, really just interested in Classic Traveller, Cepheus Engine or Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition.
    2. I need no help with character creation in either of the above editions of the game.
    3. I prefer the classic setting, but hey, if I was that fussed I should maybe GM!
    4. Yes.
    5. Not yet. Maybe one day though - I've a hankering to run some of those classic adventures...
    6. Yes, with an eye toward playing, not GMing.
    UFP
  33. @Scream
    1. Yes.
    2. All of them, never played Traveller before.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes.
    5. No.
    6. No.
    UFP
  34. @MountainDragon
    1. CT, MT, MgT1e, MgT2e, Cepheus Engine
    2. All above, not familiar with others but might be willing to try
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. No.
    6. No.
    UFP
  35. @Ennui Malaise

1. You'd play any edition of Traveller (If not, which editions are fine?) I have never played any version of Traveller before, So any edition I can learn would be great. I once had MegaTraveller on PC

2. You need no help to create a character in the following editions (obviously you can be fine with editions you don't have the corebook for). To succeed I would need initial entry help and/or tutorials.

3 You're fine with all versions of the setting. I am congenial with what ever is going. Just point me to where I can learn.

4 You're accepting PMs with invitations to play. PM away at me.

5 You're willing to Referee if a group can be found. As I have no level of knowledge in the rules, I would have to decline, Mainly for the benefit of other players.
    6. You'd accept PMs with invitations to check a "Referee wanted" thread. Again That would have to be a negative at this time towards the enjoyment of other players.
    UFP
  36. @Valsai

1.Was a Classic Traveller player, but could be persuaded to try out newer iterations I'm one to try out new systems just for the heck of it when a sweet game description comes up, so I have no issues just jumping into all of the newer systems.
    2.Eh, if I can get through Classic, I'm not worried about any other editions haha
    3. Not familiar with all versions, so I can't exactly answer that, but I don't suspect there to be an issue.
    4.Sure. A little full with games atm (especially with potentially starting up a Rolemaster game in the coming months), but if the hook is good...well, can't turn it down
    5.Maybe after a game or two to get back in the feel of the system; been at least 15 years since I've really picked up a Traveller book, so it'd be a bit for me to be comfortable running one off the get-go.
    6.Sure But see above. Maybe if the requester has a super-cool idea that churns the creative juices I could be persuaded to take up the mantle earlier than I would usually go for
    UFP
  37. @Suzuki Stumpy
    1. Yes. Although prefer 1e or MGT just because those are the ones I'm most familiar with.
    2. None.
    3. Yes, although again, prefer late 3rd Imperium since that's the timeline I remember
    4. Yes
    5. No (I'm a terrible GM)
    6. No (see above)
    UFP
  38. @Oryzarius
    1. GURPS is top of the list; I'd be willing to try Mongoose; any variant of 2300 AD would be great; MT, TNE, T20, or T5 might be fun.
    2. CT; MT; TNE; T4; GURPS; T20; T5; T2300 AD; T20:2320; MgT1e:2300.
    3. I'm good with anytime in 3I history (alternate or not) and anywhere in Charted Space, or with third-party/homebrew settings. Any of French, American, or Chinese Arm sounds fantastic.
    4. I'm happy to accept invitations to play.
    5. I'm a school-teacher by day and theatrical actor/director by night, so refereeing is at present a bit outside my time budget.
    6. Alas, no; see above.
    UFP
  39. DJ P4NTSL3SS
    1. Mongoose editions mostly, but my door is open
    2. I can usually make my way through most character creation systems
    3. Sure, I love exploring other worlds / universes
    4. Certainly!
    5. Sure, depending on the edition
    6. Absolutely!
    UFP
  40. AntiAmerican Eagle
    1. Yes, any edition.
    2. I may need help. I am quite new to these systems.
    3. Yep. I'm fine.
    4. Accepting.
    5 / 6. I'm not sure what a referee is yet. So I can't say yes. Is it a GM or an arbitrator?
    UFP
  41. The 7th Majestic
    1. MGT1e or 2e, please
    2. If it's not either of the Mongoose editions, I will likely need help.
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Maybe, would need a story in mind or it's going to be a trading simulator. Now that I think about it . . .
    6. Yes.
    UFP
  42. luctius

1. MgT2 is prefered, but MgT1 or Cepheus or offshoot is also welcome.
    2. I have MgT2 experience, the rest I *think* I can manage but have not done before.
    3. No fantasy, but anything similar to the original setting or 2300AD is not a problem.
    4. Definitely!
    5. No
    6. No
    UFP
  43. @Penchant
    1. Current edition (Mongoose Traveller 2nd?)
    2. Maybe. Solid maybe.
    3. Sure!
    4. Yeah, as long as I have room for a game as I can't neglect what I'm already committed to.
    5. It will be a while before I'm capable of that.
    6. Sorry, not yet.
    UFP
  44. Rambling Tortle
    1. Willing to play most editions of Traveller, but prefer MGT1/2. Enjoy edition conversions as well (I use a personal blend of Mgt/Mega/CT in my in-person Traveller campaigns)
    2. Most experience with Mongoose editions, but know GURPS decently enough. Know MegaTraveller, but never played it RAW. Probably can handle most editions solo (assuming I have a place to purchase rules if not already owned)
    3. By all means feel free to PM, worst case I say I'm a little too busy to work it into my obligations at the moment.
    4. Happy to Referee, although I haven't played by post for several years now, and trying to get back on the bike as a player first.
    5. Sure I'll check out Ref wanted threads. No promises, but if a fit for my tastes and schedule I'll seriously consider.
    UFP
  45. IWantBapo

1. Mongoose Traveller 1e (MgT1e unless you offer me a better one that's not the same as Mega Traveller) & Mongoose Traveller 2e (MgT2e)

2. I would need assistance in any other edition.

3. I am unfamiliar with the setting.

4. Yes, you may PM me to ask if i will play.

5. No i do not feel confident in my knowledge of the rules.

6. No, as above.
    UFP
  46. alchemical_rogue
    1. Yes
    2. Anything Mongoose
    3. Yes
    4. Sadly no, not right now.
    5. My game just started, so I am full-up at the moment. But would Co-Referee with someone
    6. Sure
    UFP
  47. TheDragonOfFlame
    b]You'd play any edition of Traveller (If not, which editions are fine?)[/b]
    True! I’ve learned the 1st edition (can’t remember the name), mongoose traveller and GURPS traveller (if that counts), but I’d be game to learn others.
    You need no help to create a character in the following editions (obviously you can be fine with editions you don't have the corebook for).
    The 1st edition, mongoose, GURPS, and probably any of the other editions to be honest, I learn quickly.
    You're fine with all versions of the setting.
    Yep. Space is space, am I right?
    You're accepting PMs with invitations to play.
    Sure!
    You're willing to Referee if a group can be found.
    Not at the moment. I’ve got a lot of games on my plate right now. But I may very well open up a game some time in the future!
    You'd accept PMs with invitations to check a "Referee wanted" thread.
    Sure, why not. Something might catch my eye.
    UFP

BTW, you don't need to format it like me. Just post in the following format (I'm using my own UFP as an example):
  1. No. Don't bother offering me Traveller d20 (alas, that includes T20:2320). Everything else is negotiable.
  2. CF, MgT1e, MgT2e, T5, MgT1e:2300, Mercator
  3. Yes.
  4. Yes.
  5. No.
  6. Yes - though I'd probably just join the thread as a player.

I'll take care of the rest.

Posting UFP
  1. No Only interested in MgT1e and MgT2e
  2. I would need help in all other editions except (CT, T4, T5, MgT1e, MgT2e).
  3. Yes.
  4. Yes
  5. Possibly
  6. Possibly

How flexible are we going with the "Traveller" definition, because I can think of a few other Traveller spin-offs worth noting: Worlds Apart uses the 1st edition Mongoose Traveller SRD as a basis for a fantasy/age of (mythic) sail game of exploration and mercantilism. Time was the artless version of the game was free, now I can only find the full version of it but, hey, it's on sale for under $10.

Not mentioning it because I desperately want to play in a game of it, no sir.

Stars Without Number might count as well, despite it's mixed mechanics. It's Traveller's illegitimate lovechild with B/X Dungeons & Dragons, so it's kind of neither fish nor fowl in terms of having a home in this thread or the Old-School D&D one - but it could be used to run Traveller in a more d20 friendly vein without, y'know, going full Traveller d20.

The only other direct Traveller tie-in I know of is Orbital; it's a near-future slower-than-light version of Traveller that runs of the MgT1 engine designed for adventures in the early stages of the colonization of our own solar system.

Anyway my UPF

1> Nyet. HERO is alien to me, and T5 requires more time than I care to put into it.
2> CT, MgT1 & GURPS (
I have the books for it (Far Trader rocks!) but no practical experience.
ish)
3>
Affirmative!
Aff!
4> Always interested, not always able.
5> No. Mostly.
6> I wouldn't refuse but I shouldn't be anyone's first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirlot View Post
How flexible are we going with the "Traveller" definition, because I can think of a few other Traveller spin-offs worth noting: Worlds Apart uses the 1st edition Mongoose Traveller SRD as a basis for a fantasy/age of (mythic) sail game of exploration and mercantilism. Time was the artless version of the game was free, now I can only find the full version of it but, hey, it's on sale for under $10.

Not mentioning it because I desperately want to play in a game of it, no sir.

Stars Without Number might count as well, despite it's mixed mechanics. It's Traveller's illegitimate lovechild with B/X Dungeons & Dragons, so it's kind of neither fish nor fowl in terms of having a home in this thread or the Old-School D&D one - but it could be used to run Traveller in a more d20 friendly vein without, y'know, going full Traveller d20.

The only other direct Traveller tie-in I know of is Orbital; it's a near-future slower-than-light version of Traveller that runs of the MgT1 engine designed for adventures in the early stages of the colonization of our own solar system.
Well, I would say "Worlds Apart" and "Orbital" should count, though it's a guess until I spend the money to purchase them.

SWN, however, is one I own. Personally, I find that it's both accurate and honest in positioning itself as a d20 OSR game. I don't see how it could be an "alternative to T20", frankly, it is pure d20 with added 2d6 non-combat skills.

Yes, you can use the sandbox GMing tools in SWN for Traveller, but then you can use them for any sandbox game, including one set in say Glorantha, or for Eclipse Phase, or whatever! I don't think many people would claim that SWN is part of the Runequest/Heroquest family, though.

I'm along for the ride. Hopefully it takes root and we start a good community.

1 MGT1, MGT2 or OT.
2 Anything not MGT or OT I would need help.
3 Yes
4 Yes
5 After a few games sure.
6 Yes

That's what we are hoping for, and you've been added.

Let's get this party started!

I had a question, is T20 that bad? I used to play in one and it was pretty fun in my opinion. Why is it despised here?

1. Yes, but I didn't even know there were so many variations. I only have the rulebooks for T20 and MgT1 though
2. T20 and MgT1
3. Yup
4. Yes
5. I may not be the best one what with my poor work-life balance but I'd give it a shot, sure.
6. Sure thing

What makes you think T20 is despised? I just don't want to learn another d20 version, and I don't think d20 fits Traveller as a setting or genre. So, if I would learn a new Traveller edition for a specific game, I'd prefer to learn one that wouldn't make me wary before even opening the books.

That's not to say I think T20 is bad. The system it's based on just isn't a good match in my opinion. Other people are bound to disagree, especially on this site.

I have never tried d20 traveler and never looked to try it. I guess that is do the d20 craze that surrounded the d20 system release, there for a while it was like everything was going d20 and I wanted to keep traveler as a d6 game.