03/08/998: Late Morning, Blackbeam.

Jack Dawton

Jack reaches out a hand to stop Willy in his tracks. "What was I thinking? What was I thinking? What were you thinking? What the hell was that!" The young boy gestures towards the room Green Willy is in such a haste to leave. "What the hell just happened in there?"

Green Willy

"You idiot..." Willy growls, ignoring Jack's attempt to stop him. Unless
See note.
stopped, he charges out the front door. Priss and the boys gaze after him, silently.

Priss turns to gaze questioningly at Jack.

Jack Dawton

Jack rolls his eyes, and shrugs his shoulders confidentially theatrically with Priss. "And ta think I came with good
news
scavvy.
" He remarks, strolling casually towards the door, tipping the silver and copper coins in the pouch now at his waist into an inside pocket, but leaving the signet ring inside. He racks his brains, trying to think of the symbol that that signet ring could entail.

Stepping outside, Jack sees Green Willy with his back to him, standing over a set of empty clothing that lies crumpled on the ground beside the stoop.

Willy's hands are trembling.

Jack Dawton

Jack narrows his eyes, but says nothing. Something... isn't right here. Willy... Thoughts move slowly, like liquid shadow, behind Jack's dark eyes. He cautiously looks around for anyone suspicious or anything odd in the street.

With the slow movements of a man in shock, Willy begins gathering the boy's clothes.

Green Willy

"I think you better go, Jack. You've caused enough trouble for today."

Jack Dawton

Jack gives Willy a Look. He rolls back on his heels and cocks an eye at the older boy. "Trouble, yeah. Seems like. But if you think i'm scarpering 'fore you tell me what'is going on here, then you've got a 'nother thing coming." Jack appears defiant, but inside he's not quite so sure. What the hell is going on?