03/08/998 Late Morning Momma Toki's; Enroute to the Golden Coil

03/08/998 Late Morning Momma Toki's; Enroute to the Golden Coil

As you approach the squat warehouse you can hear numerous animal calls and see odd creatures in the large pens behind the building. A smallish heavy wooden door stands partially open inviting customers inside where a raised counter dominates the room. From about seven feet up a wicked looking
goblin grins down at you as a silent armored goblin stands beside the only exit from this foyer into the main area of the warehouse. A small
monkey sits on the goblins shoulder and waves at you chitterling in a friendly manner.

a wiry female goblin with a mass of dreadlocks and a wicked smile full of teeth stained black from whatever foul mass she is always chewing on.
Momma Toki

“Welcome, what can Momma Toki be doin fer ya this fine mornin?”
She says with a grin showing a mouthful of sharp little teeth.

Valrik the Vile

"Good morning to you. We bring a business proposal that requires some degree of protection from prying ears and a few moments of your time. It should only take a few minutes to discuss. Is there someplace we may speak without interruption?" Valrik replies.

Gods, the smell of this place never ceases to astound me.

Galendrill Silvertongue

Galendrill nods his head in greeting to Momma Toki while doing the best he can to hide a look of distaste behind a smile.

a wiry female goblin with a mass of dreadlocks and a wicked smile full of teeth stained black from whatever foul mass she is always chewing on.
Momma Toki

“Shut that door behind ye and speak away, pay no mind ta Brurrik there”
She says gesturing to the armed goblin. "Watch the door outside fer a bit there." She says and Brurrik moves outside the warehouse and closes the door. The air rushing out brings a sweet smelling perfumed smoke billowing from behind the counter and a dim glow of many candles flickering can be seen behind the little goblin as she looks down at you. Scraping noises of something big moving around behind the counter and the goblin looks down on the other side at something then back to you. "What sort of proposal ye got in mind?" She queries.

Valrik the Vile

"It's really a simple proposal. We have need to sell highly recognizable and easily transportable personal property in a city other than Fairhaven. With your contacts outside this city, I am hoping you would be able to facilitate such a transaction, taking a fee for yourself from the proceeds of course. It is important that the items not be sold inside Fairhaven itself as their provenance would be hotly disputed, if you catch my meaning. I would not normally bother you with such a task, but circumstances require a certain distance be maintained between myself and the ultimate buyer, and time is also a consideration. The value of the items is considerable, so we should all be able to make a nice profit here. As a secondary opportunity, I may have need of the services of someone able to create good forgeries should you know anyone of suitable skill. I would be willing to pay a small finders fee to put me in contact with such a person. What do you say?"

Galendrill Silvertongue

Galendrill deferred to Valrik, letting him do all the talking. The mention of forgeries, however, elicited a raised eyebrow and reflexive glance in Valrik's direction.

Forgeries? Interesting. I wonder what game it is you play at....

Momma Toki

Momma raises an eyebrow looking over at Galendrill for a moment seeming to recognize him. "Depends what kind of items they be we talkin bout paintins or what? Lots of the old guard went ta ground after all that dust up a while back."

Galendrill Silvertongue

"A few small baubles. Nothing as large and ostentatious as art. Merely some gems and jewelry that a contact of ours has procured and we'd like to get rid of before the climate for doing so has gotten to uncomfortable."

Momma Toki

"Ah yes I do know someone who can do custom work for you and she happens to be a fence as well. Odd bird tends ta know too much about things ya try to sell her so don't spect ta get more than a reasonable price fer em since she will have to move of out of town." She pulls a sheet of paper out and scrawls something on it handing it down to whomever of you takes it. "Mineranthese is her name she runs a shop called the Golden Coil o're in Malwick."

The paper has some goblin writing on it.

"Give her that so I gets my cut."
She points a taloned finger towards Galendrill. "You might know her she used ta work fer the old guard as it were not sure who she hooked up with since all that fuss. Anythin else I kin do fer ya?"

Galendrill Silvertongue

Galendrill reaches out and takes the proffered note with a nod of thanks.

"Much has changed since all of the fuss."

"There's also the matter of someone skilled in forgeries..."
Galendrill's voice trailed off as he looked to Valrik.