Jericho Tesla's Side Adventure

 
First of all, is there any rain at all. guessing that there isn't, Tesla would first make a mental map of the geography of the woods up to what would likely be some kind of trail the patrols are following while maintaining some kind of stealth profile. intuition remarkable 35, agility remarkable 30.
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 78
stealth (burn karma for at least a success)
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 20

The trail is fairly new, but is clearly marked, so getting an idea of where it runs is not difficult. The weather has been cool, but no precipitation. You seem to accomplish your recon work without drawing any attention to yourself and Robert is pretty good about disappearing into the background when you tell him to be stealthy.

Jericho gets a pretty good idea of, say, the mile of woodland parallel to the trail. Slightly hilly, but no huge elevation changes. The woods are pretty thick with a decent amount of undergrowth.

O.O.C. here's a breakdown of ideas for trying to get the patrol distracted.
1) find a power line or some electricity source and disable it with a 'mild case of ball lightning/ St. Elmo's fire'
2) a tree falls in the woods.....or maybe 5 trees fall int he woods.
3) blast a structure maybe a ways down from the trail.

Jericho is open to other suggestions and i will make an intuition roll as to 'common sense' as what will work and won't work.
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 26

Felling some trees may actually draw some guards out nto the forest to see what happened.

The only structures here are relatively small guard posts, although they are wired for electricity.

Ok, Jericho asks Bob if killing the power to the guard posts would be a good distraction to get the patrol back. The best way i can think of doing such a thing would be locating the power lines which are likely under ground. Perhaps routing the power through me to, say, some dry wood would create a small fire and kill power, maybe enough to get the patrol going in one direction while we move over the border in another.

"Not a bad plan", Bob replies. "Might at least draw them together for awhile so we can either sneak past a little further down the line, or take them all out at the same time if need be."

Ok, after getting into position quietly, (burn karma for stealth role) agility rem 30
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 94
, Jericho attempts to overload the power lines (resistance: conduit inc 40
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 84
) and cause a small fire.

Nice - no Karma needed!
ooc

Jericho manages to stealthily creep over to one of the seemingly-hastily erected power utility poles and overload one of the lines, creating a shower of sparks and a small brush fire below the power lines. A confused yell from a communist soldier a short distance away confirms that Jericho's little trick has also casued havok with the soldier's electronic equipment.

From this point, the two of you can either head back to the safety of the woods and see what unfolds, or attempt (stealthily or non) to make a break across the border. Stealthily would imply sneaking. Non would imply fighting.

Jericho would mention that sneaking across would be much safer. If the patrol isn't heard from the battalion commander, or whatever, will suspect spies or some kind off border crossing. Also, we were supposed to make sure no one knew we were coming. I suspect that if any information about people with our extraordinary abilities were sighted the Kremlin will send their best KGB and GRU agents after us, likely with powerful abilities.

Give me a d100 roll for Agility (Stealth) to see how successful you are. You can spend Karma if you like, but it's not neccessary.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status