Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Saving Throws in 4e.

Saving Throws in 4e.

The simple question is: Do we get a saving throw upon being affected by a power that has a "(save ends)" effect?

Currently, my assumption is that the "first" saving throw doesn't come up until end of our turn, but that seems a bit odd. On the other hand, I can't find anywhere in the book that says about getting a saving throw upon impact.

My understanding is that you don't get a save until the end of your first turn with the effect. So if you inflict something on yourself somehow, you'd get a save at the end of that turn, I think.

Yea, you 'fail' the first save by being hit with the spell, therefor it affects you on your first round. After the first round you make your first save to see if you're able to shake off the effect.

You don't get one automatically, no. There are lots of ways to get one, or have one given to you though. That's what many leader powers are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaXe View Post
The simple question is: Do we get a saving throw upon being affected by a power that has a "(save ends)" effect?

Currently, my assumption is that the "first" saving throw doesn't come up until end of our turn, but that seems a bit odd. On the other hand, I can't find anywhere in the book that says about getting a saving throw upon impact.
You dont get a saving throw immediately when you're affected by a power that has a "(save ends)" effect, but at the same time, the power did have to beat one of your defenses.