Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

4e Druid, Homebrew

4e Druid, Homebrew

I know there's some interest in this, as we do have some druid fans on the weave.

The 4e Druid has been written up by a fan. It appears much as the other classes do in the PHB, including powers from levels 1-30. Written up as a hybrid defender/striker, the Druid has the wildshape class feature that lets him take either an offensive or defensive form, and has powers in the
Druid spells
primal and
Natural attacks, stronger when you're wildshaped
wild categories.

Find it Here.

Interested to hear your impressions on balance & quality.

At first glance it looks fairly reasonable. Many of the folks at ENWorld also believe so. I am probably going to have to see it in game play before I make any final decisions about it in my games.

It looks playable and fairly decently balanced, but it seems to break the spirit of 4e a bit by attempting to be too many things at once. I imagine when the class eventually comes out their will be several primal classes with more specialized roles, but for the meantime it looks like a reasonable thing to use for those who like that style of druid.

As an aside, there is an alternative offered here as well.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/20080613a

Hell, I'm almost tempted to play 4th ed just to give this Druid a playtest.

might be worth a try...
i woudl need to try it to judge the power levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag View Post
It looks playable and fairly decently balanced, but it seems to break the spirit of 4e a bit by attempting to be too many things at once. I imagine when the class eventually comes out their will be several primal classes with more specialized roles, but for the meantime it looks like a reasonable thing to use for those who like that style of druid.

As an aside, there is an alternative offered here as well.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/20080613a
That what what I was wondering when I saw a hybrid. I think that clas swould be more inline with the other classes, and the game in general, if you had to choose to have either an offensive or defensive wild shape, instead of choosing to go back and forth. Or at least have to choose one type for all encounters for the day (until you rest.)