Notices

Issue Five: The Avengers Versus Everybody!

A look into the Avengers' arsenal? What military man could refuse that - and with an attractive woman, at that.

Blackbird makes a beeline for the door, following Energystar to the hanger.

Maelstrom runs to the window nearest the park, a shimmering field slipping over him and encasing him in Aegis as he went. At the window, he pointed to a tall building and disappeared. Atop the building he reappeared briefly before disappearing again. Soon, Maelstrom coelesced in a swirl of dust atop a building that overlooked the park and he peered over the edge to see what he could see.

Chairperson Hank Pym looks a little surprised, but not annoyed, as EnergyStar stands up and begins spouting directions to the team. Most of those present immediately jump to their feet to response to her directions.

Leadership and teamwork combined can be startlingly effective.

As folks clear the room, Hank asks some of the heroes to stay behind
Leaving most NPC heroes behind.
on call in case anything else should come up while this issue is being dealt with.

Radical Warrior uses the Avengers' crime-files to quickly supply a one-page "QuickStats (TM)" print-out on each of the villians involved (Beetle, Klaw, Rampage, Goliath/Power Man, Sunstroke, and Tiger Shark), looks them over, and then passes these sheets to Blackbird before rushing out the door on the way to Central Park. Blackbird quickly scans these sheets as a primer to
If you (the players) are familiar with these villians and their powers, we will now assume your characters are as well. If not, let me know in the OOC thread if you'd like me to do a quick write up on each of them over in the Characters thread.
learn what he is up against. He can pass this info to EnergyStar when he is done with it.

In the hanger, EnergyStar is somewhat disappointed to learn that, like the AEF, the Avengers' parent organization also doesn't have much in the way of a weapons arsenal. Too bad you weren't at the Fantastic Four's HQ...but there isn't time for that, now. The vehicle hanger is pretty much filled with an assortment of QuinJets (not very discrete), Hank Pym's Rover and Hawkeye's Skycycle (both two person flying vehicles - not neccessarily useful to two flying persons), two Mark I four-passenger open-top Air Cars,
Hank already snagged one - see below.
one Mark II six-passenger open-top Air Cars...and a plain-looking yellow van, which looks completely out of place among all this high-tech
New word. I made it.
vehiclage.

EnergyStar does a double take upon seeing the van. After a moment she realizes it isn't just a van...that's Captain America's van...

Cap, Bubbles, and Hank head off in a Mark II open-top Air Car towards Central Park.

Radical Warrior races to the park ahead of them.

Maelstrom, already there, spots Klaw, Goliath, Sunstroke, and Tiger Shark laying waste to the park and making themselves a large mound of earth and debris...higher ground for the upcoming battle, perhaps...they don't seem to see him, standing thirty stories above them. But where are Beetle and Rampage? Somethings plop down on Maelstrom's shoulder as he stands looking down at the villians...pigeons? No...water droplets...it's starting to rain? Great...

Maelstrom, from his lofty perch, peers down at the group of villains below. An evil little idea pops into his head and he 'ports down to within range. Picking one at random, he stretches out the energies that surround him and twists the essence of the man's bodysuit. Chuckling to himself he watches to see what will happen.

Rad

Rad will do his best to be a distraction. He will be poised for defensive evasion instead of just charging in(It's already gotten him nowhere of late)

He will approach the baddies and engage them in some conversation
"Ummm...Errrrr.....Excuse me there fellas..I'm Scubasuit Man...The Avengers sent me here...They said you are'nt worth thier time and you should just beat me up instead."

Rad is hoping to gain thier attention while the Avengers set up thier attack.

Blackbird shakes his head at the paltry collection in the Avengers weapons closet. "I know that almost every Avenger comes equipped with their own special abilities, but one would think - at the very least - that Iron Man would have ensured you have an EMP device. With two of these guys wearing powered suits, that would have been handy."

He hands Energystar the Quickbrief sheet. "I would hope Dr. Pym can handle Goliath, or shrink him down. Sunstroke and Tiger Shark will both be serious problems in their own right, but...Klaw? How does one fight a man made out of solid sound?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (Maelstrom) View Post
Maelstrom, from his lofty perch, peers down at the group of villains below. An evil little idea pops into his head and he 'ports down to within range. Picking one at random, he stretches out the energies that surround him and twists the essence of the man's bodysuit. Chuckling to himself he watches to see what will happen.
Not sure exactly how his actions will play out, Maelstrom finds himself watching the events unfolding below with giddy anticipation.

Sunstroke, moving through the park with his cohorts, seems to pause for a moment, but the predicted trajectory of his movement continues ahead of the familiar costume in the form of a mostly naked man, dressed only in boxer shorts. The Sunstroke suit seems to hover momentarily, maintaining it's previous shape - giving the illusion that a naked man just walked right out of the front of Sunstroke. The man, not exactly sure what just happened, but realizing it wasn't very convenient, quickly glances around for any sign of a threat. Spinning to look behind him, he sees the still floating form of the Sunstroke suit, which
Think Obi-Wan being struck by Darth Vader in Episode 4.
then collapses to the ground behind him as he reaches out towards it.

As precisely that inconvenient moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackNslash (Radical Warrior)
Rad...[approaches]...the baddies and engages them in some conversation. "Ummm...Errrrr.....Excuse me there fellas..I'm Scubasuit Man...The Avengers sent me here...They said you aren't worth thier time and you should just beat me up instead."
As if in response to his request, the sky almost immediately grows dark. Glancing quickly over his shoulder, Rad sees an object similar in shape to a giant footprint rapidly grow larger overhead. There is a quick feeling of something forcefully hitting Rad in the head, followed by him losing his balance, becoming completely engulfed in darkness, and then the taste of dirt and grass in his mouth. Just about the time he thinks "this is going to hurt" Rad feels
100 damage and give me and Endurance FEAT
sharp pain cutting through his entire body. He is conscious, but cannot see or move.

"Oh my God!", Maelstrom thinks, looking down at a smug looking Goliath, "he stepped on Rad!"

Suddenly, something crashes into Malestrom from behind, sending him rocketing to the ground at high speed.
24 damage.
Ouch. Well, at least he knows where the Beetle is now. As the airborne twosome approaches the ground, Rampage steps out and swings at the decending Maelstrom.
And an additional 20 damage (total is 44).
Ouch again. Well, at least all the villains are accounted for now...

Will post an update back at Avengers mansion in a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
He hands Energystar the Quickbrief sheet. "I would hope Dr. Pym can handle Goliath, or shrink him down. Sunstroke and Tiger Shark will both be serious problems in their own right, but...Klaw? How does one fight a man made out of solid sound?"
"With silence.", she says simply. She goes to the van and opens the back door. She looks in hoping to find something useful inside. She calls to Human Torch on her communicator and asks him to have the FF bring them some weapons.

*blink*

He hadn't thought of that.

rad

Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 91
endurance

"MRrmm nfff humrmpphh nhgtgip" says Rad in a very muffled voice.(translation for those with super hearing....owwww that was stupid)