Issue Five: The Avengers Versus Everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar) View Post
She goes to the van and opens the back door. She looks in hoping to find something useful inside.
Good Control, Excellent Speed, Remarkable Body, Excellent Protection. Frontal armor (RM protection) for ramming, 50-foot/8-ton winch behind front grill, Kitchenette, Fold-Down Bunk, Onboard Computer, GPS, Cruise Control, Motorcycle Ramp (with Captain America's Motorcycle loaded inside ready-to-launch cradle), Plush Carpeting, Halon Fire Supression, Two First-Aid Kits, Hands-Free Navigation, Security Periscope, and an Overhead Hand Rail.

"Is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"
-Elwood Blues
Nice.

Maelstrom stands up and dusts himself off. "As a representative of the fashion police, I'm going to have to put you people under arrest. Naked Man over there is the least offensive of the lot of you and that's not saying much."

Rather proud of himself, Maelstrom blinks at the Beetle. In rapid succession, first Beetle and then Goliath feel a powerful slap in the back of their heads as Maelstrom pops in and out of existence just long enough to whack them. An instant later he is standing some distance away (toward Central Lake) and thumbing his nose. "Is that the best you have?!"

His heart is pounding in his chest, but he's really worried about Rad, so the normally soft-spoken Maelstrom acts the buffoon.

Two

Having followed Energystar over, Blackbird blinks at the interior. "By God Almighty. I've heard of a lot of custom jobs, but...damn! Never seen anything remotely like this. Now, if it could fly, I'd ask you permission to use it for ramming one or three of our bad guys..."

And he can't help but glance over at the Quinjets, considering their suitability for such a use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam (Blackbird)
...he can't help but glance over at the Quinjets, considering their suitability for such a use...
Blackbird imagines they could do a most excellent job of ramming people. The results would likely be messy, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (Maelstrom) View Post
Rather proud of himself, Maelstrom blinks at the Beetle. In rapid succession, first Beetle and then Goliath feel a powerful slap in the back of their heads as Maelstrom pops in and out of existence just long enough to whack them. An instant later he is standing some distance away (toward Central Lake) and thumbing his nose. "Is that the best you have?!"
Maelstrom pops behind Beetle, hitting him so hard that the villain actually makes a semi-flying stagger; moving forward a few feet before regaining his balance. Reappearing behind Goliath, Maelstrom attempts to repeat his action, only to discover that Goliath is tough...as in hard...really
No damage
hard...

GM Note: 193 Karma (100 Power Stunt, 93 for Red Result)
Karma Cost

"I think the Avengers might object to a guest using one of their quinjets at ramming speed," he regretfully concludes - but aloud, for Energystar to correct him if he's wrong.

"Anything else useful here, or should we take off?"

"Probably shouldn't ram anybody with a Quinjet. But I think that we ought to get over there. Let's take Cap's van here. It can be controlled remotely and won't do as much damage at ramp speed as the Quinjet. We can hit Goliath with it and do damage to him but not enough to kill him."

She hopes in the back of the van, and throws Blackbird the key, "You drive."

Blackbird catches the keys deftly. "Yes, ma'am! I'll have you know that I'm a better pilot than I am a driver."

He clambers quickly into the front seat of the van and starts the ignition...

A good thing I'm going away here, since I don't know diddley about the rules for controlling vehicles!

Gonna toss out a couple d%s here for the boss-man to figure out how good a driver Blackbird turns out to be behind this thing's wheel:

Dice Roll: 1d100 1d100 1d100 1d100
d100 Results: 87
d100 Results: 71
d100 Results: 15
d100 Results: 100
Away!

Blackbird and EnergyStar feel somewhat like young kids again, stealing
Captain America's van
Dad's car and going out for a joyride. It will take a short while to get there.

Just so I'm clear, is the plan really to hit Goliath in the ankle with the van? I wasn't sure if that was intended to be serious or not.
OOC Clarifications

Meanwhile, back at the park...

Goliath begins grinding the now squashed Rad into the
Essentially, Rad is in a Hold
ground, Sunstroke is anxiously trying to figure out out to re-don his suit, and Tiger Shark and Rampage simply look on.

Beetle and Klaw catch Maelstrom in a crossfire of energy blasts. Although the electrical blast from the Beetle is substantial, it does not affect Maelstrom, who seems to have protected by his Aegis. The sonic blast from Klaw, however, seems to have been able to momentarily
14 points of damage (58 total so far)
punch through Beorn's protective coating, which is beginning to feel pretty beat upon at this point.

"OUCH!" Maelstrom doesn't much like getting struck by that sonic blast. Not at all.

Thrusting his arms out toward the soundy-man, Maelstrom attempts to cover him in a giant cake-dish of stone. Sound might travel, but it had a damned hard time travelling through stone if he remembered his this-world physics correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (Maelstrom) View Post
Trying to trap Klaw under a giant cake dish of stone using Matter Collection.
Matter Collection: - Remarkable 26
Roll: 1
That did not go so well.
Small grains of sand and annoyingly hard pebbles rain down momentarily over the area, including where Maelstrom is positioned. They cause no significant damage, but do cause some minor confusion and a painful annoyance.
Speaking of rain, there was water coming down from the sky a minute ago...it seems to have stopped now.

Elsewhere...

Hank pilots an Air Car filled with his fellow teammates and will likely be the next heroes to arrive on the scene.

At Avengers Mansion, a yellow-colored van peels out of the vehicle storage at an incredible high rate of speed, become airborne for a breif moments as it leaps over the curb and out onto the streets of New York. If you didn't know any better, you'd think a test pilot was driving it...

EnergyStar and Blackbird should arrive last.