Notices

Issue Five: The Avengers Versus Everybody!

Energystar squeals with glee.

"Now this is more like it! I miss my Mustang back home. I used to let it go to 100 down Old Route 219!"

Derek aka Mantaman winged his way back from the Atlantic to the Avengers Mansion. He wished his mission to Hydro-Base had been more successful but he found nothing....
Literally NOTHING! Hydro-Base was missing...His friend Stingray was missing among other Avengers and now rumor has it some Bad@$$ named Thanos might be involved. A hell of a week for a rookie hero.
As he flew over the verdant Central Park he noticed something in the distance. "What the $#*!" It was a man...a 60 foot tall man! And he didn't look friendly!
Mantaman gritted his teeth and poured on the speed leaving arcs of lightning in his wake and headed straight for the Giant.

Going to charge Goliath [dice=Initiative]1d10+4
Charge Attack:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 78
Combat Stuff

The next few rounds

The next few rounds will play out like
This Round (starting below): Beetle, Maelstrom and Rad (who probably wants to focus on Escaping - Yellow or Red Strength FEAT), followed by The (rest of the) Bad Guys (TM)

Second Round: Beetle, Mantaman arrives (attacking Goliath), Maelstrom and Rad, Air Car team (Bubbles, Captain, Hank Pym, anyone else in the air car (Pulsar?), followed by The (rest of the) Bad Guys (TM)

Third Round and on: Beetle, Mantaman, Maelstrom, Rad, Air Car team (Bubbles, Captain, Hank Pym, anyone else in the air car (Pulsar?), Van team (Blackbird and EnergyStar), followed by The (rest of the) Bad Guys (TM)

Go ahead and post your next several rounds of actions, opponents (including secondary opponents should you fell your primary one), objectives, and rolls. If situations change, I will let you adjust your predetermined actions. If your decide your actions are too dependant on what happens moment to moment, that's fine, just let me know.

Now, off to This Round...
this.

THIS ROUND.

The Beetle flies off. Scardy cat.
(Maelstrom and Rad, state your actions to go here)
Goliath focuses on keeping Rad underfoot.
Sunstoke pulls on his mask (yeah, that would be the first thing I'd go for...).
Tiger Shark uproots a tree.
Klaw generates
...or flying foxes of phonons, if you prefer...
two pink demonic-looking bat creatures out of solid sound.
Rampage wanders around on the ground, watching the battle above him. Like an idiot.

Maelstrom was getting a mite desperate. With Rad presumably under that huge foot somewhere, he must be running out of air. So the glassy Norwegian took a chance. Wrinkling his brow in concentration, he disappeared in a swirl of dust and reappeared on Goliath's shoulder. Ramming his fist in the big man's ear, Maelstrom began trying to use the giant's eardrum as a gong. Maybe if he lost his balance, he'd fall off Rad. So it wasn't a great plan, but Maelstrom wasn't really a superhero anyway, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
The next few rounds will play out like
This Round (starting below): Beetle, Maelstrom and Rad (who probably wants to focus on Escaping - Yellow or Red Strength FEAT), followed by The (rest of the) Bad Guys (TM)

Second Round: Beetle, Mantaman arrives (attacking Goliath), Maelstrom and Rad, Air Car team (Bubbles, Captain, Hank Pym, anyone else in the air car (Pulsar?), followed by The (rest of the) Bad Guys (TM)

Third Round and on: Beetle, Mantaman, Maelstrom, Rad, Air Car team (Bubbles, Captain, Hank Pym, anyone else in the air car (Pulsar?), Van team (Blackbird and EnergyStar), followed by The (rest of the) Bad Guys (TM)

Go ahead and post your next several rounds of actions, opponents (including secondary opponents should you fell your primary one), objectives, and rolls. If situations change, I will let you adjust your predetermined actions. If your decide your actions are too dependant on what happens moment to moment, that's fine, just let me know.

Now, off to This Round...
this.
If Mantaman scores a slam he is going to try direct Goliath towards the pond. Once Mantaman sees Tiger Shark he will probably redirect his efforts there but I want to see how round two plays out first.
Mantaman's actions

Maelstrom disappears, reapearing on Goliath's shoulder and buries his first as far as he possibly can in the brown material covering Goliath's ear, punching through the material and past the safety border beyond which doctors are in agreement that Q-Tips should never cross. Surprisingly to Malestrom, Goliath is much
in a hardness sense
tougher, then Maelstrom had expected.

Goliath makes a
pun intended
near-deafening scream in response, which Mal takes as, relatively speaking, a good thing. Before he can do anything else, however, the Beetle reappears,
Another 10 damage - total 68 - Mal is HURT
crashing into Mal and knocking him off Goliath's shoulder. The Aegis coating ripples and waves momentarily, revealing the face of a somewhat started Beorn underneath. Apparently, the Beetle's turning tail was only intended to gain him enough distance for a flying charge.

Goliath staggers momentarily, allowing the now thin-and-horizontal Rad his first glimpse of light and breath of fresh air in a few seconds. Oops. That was it. Now they're gone again.

Sunstoke pulls on his mask (yeah, that would be the first thing I'd go for...). Now he's a mostly naked man in boxers and a white mask.

Tiger Shark uproots a tree - d@mn impressive to see - and appears to be readying it as a missile weapon.

Klaw generates two pink demonic-looking bat creatures out of solid sound and sends them flying towards Beetle and Mal.

Rampage wanders around on the ground, watching the battle above him. Like an idiot.

Next round.

Beetle, flying in contact with Mal, throws a punch at him. This time, Mal's now very ticked Aegis (the Aegis is ticked?) manages to protect him from any damage. As the two combatants fly away, Mal can see Manta Man arriving on the scene, dive bombing Goliath.

"Ouch", Manta Man thinks to himself,
That's pretty much the general concensus of anyone physically attacking him.
he's harder han I expected...
Manta Man does, however, manage to stagger the Big Brown Giant for a moment as, several stories below, Rad gains yet another momentary glimpse of light and breath of air before everything goes black again. Rad gets the twisted impression of being danced upon.

Overhead, an Avengers' Air Car speeds towards the park; it's passengers taking in the chaos below. Hank Pym, behind the machine's controls, gets up, turns to his companions, and in a calm voice, says "someone take the controls", before stepping over the edge of the Air Car and plummeting to Earth.

Cap, Bubbles, and the other heroes inside instinctively jump up, started and lunge for the controls while pearing over the edge of the Air Car to learn Hank's fate. They see a rapidly decending Hank Pym rapidly increasing in size and heading directly for Goliath.

The resulting collision is quite impressive.

Sunstoke pulls on his boots and is scrambling for his gloves. Regardless of the course of this battle, you are fairly certain he will never live this down. Maelstrom silently wonders what this villian will look like and be calling himself next time they meet.

Tiger Shark, looking around for an adequate target for his new missile, shift his attention from Mal to spot the just arrives Air Car, and lets the tree fly. It
20 points of damage to each hero inside, reduced by whatever force fields or body armor you have
strikes the car, but does not knock it from the air. Those at the controls manage to land the vehicle, quickly but safely, in the park a short distance away.

Klaw sees the heroes rushing to the scene of the battle from the downed Air Car and redirects the two flying pink-bat creatures to attack them instead of Mal. Both of the creatures "concentrate fire" and attack Cap.

Rampage spots the newly-arrived heroes as well and rushes towards them, charging into the Captain...who quickly proceeds to trample Rampage and run past him, leaving him laying on the ground. Like an idiot.

Cap attempts to hit both of the attacking sound creatures by bouncing his shield off of one and into another. As his shield strikes each creature, they make a deep ringing sound, like a large bell, and disappear. The shield returns to the hand of a rather confused looking Cap.

The other heroes from the Air Car rush forward as well, following the trail Cap blazed that leads directly over Rampage's bruised ego. Unanimously considering him to be the least threatening ("didn't Blackbird say he destroyed his exoskeleton just yesterday?"), the other heroes race to the battle.

A dejected and very upset looking Rampage, a small wooden stick stuck in his hair, sits up to watch the heroes rush off. "They insult me. They think I'm a joke. But I'll show them. I'll show them all. I'm make them pat for their...their...ignoring of me...ness...!" At this point, Rampage hears a loud "CLICK" as the barrel of a very large gun is pointed to the side of his head.

"Stewart Clarke...", the man holding the gun says, "get in the van." Here, the man gestures to a van parked a short distance away, near some bushes at the edge of the park. It's color can best be described as "primer". "Dontkillmedontkillmedontkillme..." a mewling Rampage pleads as he puts his hands on his head and heads towards the van, under the direction of the guy with a gun, dressed all in black, with a large white skull on the front of his shirt. The man gets into the van after Rampage and the van pulls away.

About a block or so later, the van is passed by a yellow van, driven by Blackbird, going the opposite direction (towards the park). Blackbird's somewhat reckless driving causes this primer-colored van to swerve slightly to avoid a possible collision. Looking in his real view mirror at the yellow van speeding towards central park, the driver says to himself "Reckless drivers endanger lives. They should be Punished..."

...and the primer-colored van disappers among the streets of New York.

Before progressing to the next round, Malestrom, Bubbles, Radical Warrior, Pulsar, and Jim may all make actions this round (if their players are present!)

After that, Beetle is up.

After his turn, all heroes (including the newly arriving Blackbird and EnergyStar) may go.

Maelstrom, feeling like a very large and disgruntled baby being burped as he clings to Beetle and is wailed on by his attacker, decides he doesn't like the feeling.

"Seriously?! Are you stupid, sir? Did you or did you not just see what I did to your friend and now you come and fly me up in the air and start punching me in your little suit? Really? You know, I don't think I like you."

Wincing a little bit at how much this is going to hurt, Mal crosses his eyes and makes Beetle's suit do the same trick he did earlier to Sunstroke.

"Almost there," Blackbird remarks as he regains control after nearly sideswiping a van in the other lane. "Were you serious about ramming Goliath, by the way? Or did you have other suggested plans in mind?"