Notices

03/08/998: Winchwell, the Silver Seal Tavern, in a dimly lit back room...

Balthazar Menelaos

"Perhaps a shopping trip would be in order. But I doubt that Father Taro and Master Esselav would find such an exercise entertaining."

Lenna Sha'am

Lenna throws Chastity a look as she speaks. Once Balthazar finishes, she interjects with a laugh, "Now, that's more like it! Chastity, dear, these fine men have offered to take us out for some fittings, and I see no reason to turn down the offer." The woman smiles sultrily. "And Balthazar, I'm sure we could find some way to...entertain the Father and Master Esselav." For the moment, Lenna refrains from adding her two coppers on the more business-related matter at hand. Why spoil the mood?

Chastity Neverton

Chastity rolls her eyes when Lenna chastises her. "New clothes are all well and good my dear, but the plan, not presents, will ensure success. We need to finalize a plan before we gather the props."

She sits in a chair and pours a glass of wine, "So ladies and gentlemen, what is the plan?"

ooc
Father Silas Taro

Father Silas sits silently, contemplating the questions put before him. He drains his glass, feeling the warmth course through his already numbed veins. This surely was some of the best wine he'd experienced. Lazily, he answers Asdar's inquiry.

"The Archbishop does not particularly care of the nobility, by birth-right or happenstance. The bastard respects money and those who wield it with authority and competence. As any of my order should."

Silas runs a finger along the rim of his glass, and then turns to Bax.

"Shame your not the Archbishop's choice for pleasure, Bax," he says with a sinful grin. "He'd love your..how should I put it? Otherwordly nature, but not your attitude. But I digress."

"He does not employ a taster. He does employ bodyguards, but what he consumes is of no consequence to him. Why should anyone want to poison him? Hell, for that matter, why would anyone consider assassinating him in the first place? Indeed, he sees security as a mere formality. This arrogance will play in our favor."

Chastity Neverton

"Otherworldy. So he is interested in otherworldly women. Huh. That's interesting. Does he have anyway of detecting those who are otherworldly, yet don't exactly look that way?"

Bax Esselav

The redhead's comment caused Bax to glance in her direction ever so slightly. He did not detect any fiendish nature from her, but his own senses were not fully developed in that area. He turned again to the priest, "Then piety had nothing to do with his appointment to the office? Not that it matters. Piety would have nothing to do with yours either, would it?"

Getting back to the plan, he offers, "If poison will be the method, will there be need of a diversion," a quick glance at Chastity, "in order to distract the minders and apply it?"

ooc
Father Silas Taro

Silas looks at his distorted reflection in the empty wine glass. Setting the glass down, he leans back in his chair.

"Otherworldly, extra-dimensional, fey, metaphysical, stuff like that. Women? Feh! He doesn't care. Men, women. All the same."

Lenna Sha'am

Lenna perks up at the talk of otherworldly beings as well. "Hmm...why am I not surprised that there are a lot of us in the room?" the woman asks to no one in particular, scratching at her ear oddly. Picking up the glance between Chastity and Bax, Lenna smiles to match her female colleague. "I'm sure something could be worked out - Chastity here manages the Archbishop while I...entertain the guards, or vice versa."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwyn View Post
Getting back to the plan, he offers, "If poison will be the method, will there be need of a diversion," a quick glance at Chastity, "in order to distract the minders and apply it?"
Chastity Neverton

"Maybe a kiss could deliver a slow acting posion."