Issue Six: Taking AIM

Beorn almost dropped the phone. What?! Daily Bugle?! What the ...? Wasn't I just there ... like ... never mind. We're on our way. What floor?"

Having received the details he ended the call. With a clatter he dropped the phone into the cradle and said, "Someone called the Scorpion is running amok at the Daily Bugle. Sergent Stan Lee wants our help."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag View Post
Beorn almost dropped the phone. What?! Daily Bugle?! What the ...? Wasn't I just there ... like ... never mind. We're on our way. What floor?"

Having received the details he ended the call. With a clatter he dropped the phone into the cradle and said, "Someone called the Scorpion is running amok at the Daily Bugle. Sergent Stan Lee wants our help."

"The Scorpion huh? Just one superbaddie? Should all of us go?" Mantaman replied glancing in the direction of their errant leaders. "That seems a little...excessive?"

"Indeed it does," Blackbird agrees. "Not very good publicity, but definitely a good method of waging war - disproportionate use of force and all."

"As new as I am, I'd have to ask - do the Avengers prefer giving the costumed criminals an object lesson in why they do not want to attract our attention, or do they prefer to cater to the ideal of a 'politically correct' level of violence?"

Maelstrom looks unsure and says, "Maybe we should check with the boss ... errr. ... bosses?"

He pokes his head out the door and, seeing Energystar and Cap arguing yanks it back in.

"On the other hand... maybe we should take care of it? I say we hammer the man into a weeping wreck. The Avengers have been looking weak lately. We need an object lesson to show we're back and mean business."

"Then again, maybe we should ask." Poking his head out the door he called out in an embarrassed tone, "Someone called the Scorpion is attacking the Daily Bugle!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam (Blackbird) View Post
"As new as I am, I'd have to ask - do the Avengers prefer giving the costumed criminals an object lesson in why they do not want to attract our attention, or do they prefer to cater to the ideal of a 'politically correct' level of violence?"
"I guess that's up to you to decide, now...Avenger!", Rad replies with a cocky smile on his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (Maelstrom)
Maelstrom looks unsure and says, "Maybe we should check with the boss ... errr. ... bosses?"
He pokes his head out the door and, seeing Energystar and Cap arguing yanks it back in.
Surprisingly, Maelstrom finds the two heroes not arguing, but locked in an embrace, sharing a kiss. At the sound of the door opening, they quickly look up and separate, both looking slightly red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (Maelstrom)
"On the other hand... maybe we should take care of it? I say we hammer the man into a weeping wreck. The Avengers have been looking weak lately. We need an object lesson to show we're back and mean business...Then again, maybe we should ask." Poking his head out the door he called out in an embarrassed tone, "Someone called the Scorpion is attacking the Daily Bugle!"
Cap rushes back into the room, pushing past Maelstrom, and heading back towards his chair. "The Daily Bugle?", Cap asks Mael as he reenters the room. "Weren't we just there? I guess we should have waited a bit longer..."

Taking his seat as EnergyStar reenters the room, Cap asks, perhaps with a bit too much enthusiam, "so, what's the plan, Madam Chairwoman?"

After studying Cap for several moments after he reentered the room, Rad asks him "what did she do to you?"

Cap slowly turns his head to return Rad's stare.

"Ma'am chairperson - shall we call him an object lesson, or merely send, say...myself and Mantaman out to swiftly deal with him?"

Energystar smiles devilishly as Rad asks Cap what happened.

Turning to Blackbird, "I think that all of us would a little bit of an overkill. Spidey is usually able to handle him alone. Go with Mantaman and show him our displeasure. Call if you need back-up."

"Cap and Mal I want you to do a press conference along with myself. I will call and set it up. NY needs to know we are still strong."

She walks to Rad, "Seeing that you don't want to be an Avenger, how about a secretary? Answer the phone if it rings and call us if we are needed. Thanks." She pats him on the head and heads out the door.

"Yes, ma'am." And he salutes her before nodding to Mantaman. "Whenever you're ready, then."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
"Yes, ma'am." And he salutes her before nodding to Mantaman. "Whenever you're ready, then."
"One thing you should know about me Blackbird...." Mantaman said to his new teammate as he electrified the air around him. His "glider" wings began to billow as if from some unseen wind and the smell of ozone filled the air. "...I am always ready!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila View Post
"Cap and Mal I want you to do a press conference along with myself. I will call and set it up. NY needs to know we are still strong."

She walks to Rad, "Seeing that you don't want to be an Avenger, how about a secretary? Answer the phone if it rings and call us if we are needed. Thanks." She pats him on the head and heads out the door.
Maelstrom looks stunned and asks, "Me? Errr ... alright, then."

He looked at Rad helplessly as he followed Energystar from the room as if asking, 'How did you get my job?'

The idea of being in front of a camera made Beorn nervous, but he had said yes to being an Avenger. He could hardly try and weasel his way out of his first job, could he? Walking a little more quickly, he tried to catch up to Energystar. A moment of vertigo sent him grazing off the wall, but he soon got himself straightened and came alongside.

"So what kind of press conference did you have in mind?'