Notices


Issue Six: Taking AIM

 
Blackbird winked at Mantaman. "Then let's go rain havok and war on the unbeliever. Metaphorically speaking, of course."

And he heads for the nearest building exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag View Post
"So what kind of press conference did you have in mind?'
"We have to let everyone know that just because the mansion is gone and a great number of our members are down or missing, we are still strong and are going to protect citizens from those that will do them harm. I will announce the promotion of the three of you, and then take questions."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
Blackbird winked at Mantaman. "Then let's go rain havok and war on the unbeliever. Metaphorically speaking, of course."

And he heads for the nearest building exit.
Manta follows and as the two heroes take to the air he offers out a friendly challenge. "Race ya!"

Blackbird grins. "You're on!"

Mantaman ionizes the air; he uses a gravitational propulsion system that even he hasn't quite figured out yet. But what he has figured out is that using his force field to alter the flow of air and improve aerodynamics does make him both faster and more able to maneuver.

And so as the two take to the air, Blackbird's smoky force field springs up around him, sheathing him in a layer of smooth force that constantly shifts minutely to changing air conditions.

Out Of Character Post

EnergyStar: when are you setting up the conference for? Keep in mind you will need to allow time for the media to arrive. The other heroes may even be back by the time you are ready to start. Also, where were you planning on having it? There are fascilities available elsewhere in the F4HQ if you like, or you can pick another location if you have a preference.

Blackbird and MantaMan: you both have Remarkable air speed, so you are pretty much matched when it comes to flying. Because it amuses me, I'm going to do three sets of opposed Flying rolls and see how it goes...

Here's the first two:

Blackbird:
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 64
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 28

MantaMan:
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 9
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
Blackbird grins. "You're on!"
And so as the two take to the air, Blackbird's smoky force field springs up around him, sheathing him in a layer of smooth force that constantly shifts minutely to changing air conditions.
Within an instant, Blackbird is gone; becoming a rapidly diminishing spec of grey colored smoke in the distance.

You're guessing he didn't adopt his name in tribute to the red-winged songbird.

Confident in his strong start, Blackbird is somewhat surprised when he finally glances back to see MantaMan nearly catching up with him. The DevilRay waves a friendly "hello" back to his new teammate, until altering his hand to point to something ahead of the heroes.

Turning his attention back forward, Blackbird is startled to find something directly in their flight path!

Ahhh!! It's a Flock Of Seagulls!



Altering their flight paths to avoid hitting any of the airborne vermin swarm, the heroes both weave and wind their way through the feathered chaos.

Blackbird Agility check:
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 9

MantaMan Agility check:
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 42


MantaMan, now convinced he knows The Answer To Life, The Universe, And Everything, deftly manages to glide through the flock without major incident, unless you count a few visibly distressed avians.

Blackbird, on the other hand, does not make out so well. The result is nearly what one would expect when a blackbird

encounters a cluster of arial shrapnel at high speed. After a moment of clearing his eyewear, however, Blackbird is back in the race and the two heroes are now pretty much neck-and-neck...

More to follow! In the meantime, feel free to post your own 1d100 roll for the final Flight check if you like!

Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 48

Beorn, thinking about it, ventures, "Would it be in very bad taste to hold the press conference in front of the Daily Bugle? We know all the reporters will be out front already and having a freshly trussed super-vilain on hand will make the point. Maybe Manta and Blackbird can ... you know, put their feet on him or something and have a photo-shoot? That way, we can be on our way to help, too, if something goes wrong."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag View Post
Beorn, thinking about it, ventures, "Would it be in very bad taste to hold the press conference in front of the Daily Bugle? We know all the reporters will be out front already and having a freshly trussed super-villain on hand will make the point. Maybe Manta and Blackbird can ... you know, put their feet on him or something and have a photo-shoot? That way, we can be on our way to help, too, if something goes wrong."
"Well...", Cap starts to respond, "we'd have to move quick if we're going to meet them there...and we wouldn't have the time to put out a proper announcement, so there likely wouldn't be many members of the press there. Also, the Bugle's publisher, Jameson, is known as not too friendly towards costumed types, so holding the conference in front of his offices probably wouldn't go over real well with him if we asked...of course, we could just not ask..."

Cap smiles broadly and turns to EnergyStar. "I like it! Can we do it?" He nods enthusiastically, hoping to win EnergyStar's buy-in for Maelstrom's suggestion.

Elsewhere

Blackbird manages to arrive before MantaMan with just enough time to perfrom a goofy little victory dance...if he was the type to perform such a dance...which he isn't...

Counting up the stories, the heroes figure it must be on the floor with the large, shattered, chipboard wooden panels replacing what were once large, shattered, glass windows.

Peering in, they see a small private office, with the door and windows blown out towards a larger office space laying beyond. In that adjoining office space, they can see a green costumed individual with a large green tail, standing with his back towards them.

The hero's attention is suddenly drawn to an individual moving about the small office debris. Standing up and noticing the arriving heroes, J. Jonah Jameson greets them with a warm "More freaks?!? What does this look like, a circus to you people!?!"

In the adjoining office, you see the hero
His Popularity is on par with Blackbird's.
PowerSurge pick himself off the floor. Jameson's ranting has drawn both his attention and the Scorpion's, so they are both aware of you at this point.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status