Notices

Issue Six: Taking AIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap
"I like it! Can we do it?"
Beorn looks bashful. "Well, you know, I was a reporter too once .... in highschool. My creative writing teacher said I had good instincts ? ....."

"That you do. It shouldn't be that hard for the pres to mobilize. After all there is a superpowered fight going on. They probably already have crews on their way. Let me make a few calls and see if my connections can get things moving."

Energystar uses her journalism (TV) connections to mobilize the press.

She also calls Mantaman on the Com, "Tell Jameson he can have an exclusive interview with me."

She turns to Cap, "That may lighten his anger a bit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila View Post
"That you do. It shouldn't be that hard for the pres to mobilize. After all there is a superpowered fight going on. They probably already have crews on their way. Let me make a few calls and see if my connections can get things moving."
Energystar uses her journalism (TV) connections to mobilize the press.
EnergyStar will know exactly what people to call (by title, anyway, even if she does not know their names) in order to draw a small, but sufficient crowd.

Quote:
She turns to Cap, "That may lighten his anger a bit."
Cap rolls his eyes. "Oh, yeah", he replies. "I bet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
The hero's attention is suddenly drawn to an individual moving about the small office debris. Standing up and noticing the arriving heroes, J. Jonah Jameson greets them with a warm "More freaks?!? What does this look like, a circus to you people!?!"

In the adjoining office, you see the hero
His Popularity is on par with Blackbird's.
PowerSurge pick himself off the floor. Jameson's ranting has drawn both his attention and the Scorpion's, so they are both aware of you at this point.
Blackbird offers a quick salute to the pair, both taken care of at the same time even as he raises his left hand towards the Scorpion. "The Avengers received a phone call asking for help and dispatched us, sir. Kindly excuse us while we assist Powersurge in dealing with the problem."

And he triggers his
Stun Blast, Excellent 20
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 80

Edit: Erm, whoops. Agility is Remarkable 30. I think that just makes it slam him harder/more accurately, though. Technically a "bullseye"?
'soft' blast of force, hoping to stun the super villain long enough for Mantaman and Powersurge to swarm him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
...he triggers his 'soft' blast of force
Blackbird believes he hit the Scorpion pretty hard, as he sees the villain recoil backwards...but it seems he was just falling back on his coiled tail - the villain launches himself into the air, bringing his tail flail in front of him and hitting both Blackbird and MantaMan for 50 points of blunt damage each (Blackbird ignores 20 points of it due to his smoky-grey force field)! The three of you are now in Jameson's office, as Jonah dives beneath his desk for cover.

PowerSurge, in the adjacent office, has gained a temporary reprieve from Scorpion's beating due to Blackbird's action.

MantaMan, give me an Intuition check.

Elsewhere...

'Star finishes her calls and prepares to head out with Maelstrom and Cap as the conference room phone begins ringing once again.

"You want me to get it, right? This is the 'duty I was chosen for' and all the rest of that 'this is my destiny' stuff?", Rad asks.

"Don't worry Lester, I can get it THIS time."

She picks up the receiver and says, "Avenger HQ, Energystar speaking."

"Your gunna pay for that"*smack [punch]*
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 14

Quote:
She picks up the receiver and says, "Avenger HQ, Energystar speaking."
"EnergyStar...Sgt. Stan Case...we have another issue...the Rhino is at the construction site on Pierce Street, demanding that you, Captain, and that guy named 'Bubbles' show yourselves there...He is threateing to charge the main supports of the partially constructed building there and bring it down...you have some sort of history with this guy?"

Elsewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaga View Post
*smack [punch]*
*Swish [miss]*

"stupid, green!.. ha jerk!" I WILL WAIT FOR THE OTHER HEROES TO TAKE A TURN... good luck.

"Oh for heaven's sake. Yes we have a history with him. We will be there right away. This is proving to be a very busy city. Thanks, Sargent." She hangs up the phone.

She turns to Cap, "Rhino requests our presence at a meeting on Pierce Street. Mal call these people," she gives him her list of media contacts, "tell the people who answer that Cap and I have to answer a police call at the Pierce Street construction site. We will be at the press conference a little late. Unless you think you can handle the press conference yourself until we get there?"

She grabs Cap's arm and rushes out the door to Pierce street. She gets outside with Cap and says, "Hold on tight to me honey." She waits for him to grab on and then flies to the construction site on Pierce Street.