Development Opportunities

Thanks for the feedback (and Xp) guys. :)

I've included another map (see post below) and I'm part way through writing the adventure.

I'm really enjoying this! Perhaps when I have finished this project I'll take up another. It a nice feeling to know that my hard work is going to be used by more than just myself for a change.

-Cheers. The BK :)

8. Any balanced original feats or spells.

Well...I don't know about the balance or the originality. But here are 2 feats that I've posted somewhere else on this site.

Life saver [General]
Prerequisites: Improved Initiative, Dexterity 16+
Benefit: When withing 10 feet of an of a ally, you may choose to leap out to him and essentially take the full damage from any physical or magical attack that would otherwise affect the ally. The attack automatically hits you without saves and you take full damage,exceptions are only damage reduction abilities.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking that this feat would fit well with withing the "good kingdoms" of Farland. I was especially thinking of "bodyguards" of the most notable people - kings, nobility and so forth.

The second one I'm still working on, but maybe with some feedback it could be made to work out fine.
Gian Ride [ General ]
Prerequisites: Climb 12 ranks, Strength 14+.
Benefit: You can climb up an enemy that is at least one size larger than you, thus denying him his Dexterity AC and provoding a 30% chance that any ranged attack targeted to you will hit your enemy instead. While attempting the climb, you provoke an AoO. If it succeeds, you fail your climb. Each round thereafter, you must make a Balance check of 25 to stay on your enemy or fall down. Additionally, the enemy may attempt to throw you off his back at the cost of one standart action. Note that if the enemy changes his posture drastically (ex. he falls down) you automatically fall down,too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to admit, I came up with this one whilst watching LOTR III, where Leloas climbs down the elephant and kills him singlehandedly. But it seems to be interesting.

Feedback?(You CAN throw tomatoes at me, for it's my first time at creating feats)

Well...I don't know about the balance or the originality. But here are 2 feats that I've posted somewhere else on this site.

Life saver [General]
Prerequisites: Improved Initiative, Dexterity 16+
Benefit: When withing 10 feet of an of a ally, you may choose to leap out to him and essentially take the full damage from any physical or magical attack that would otherwise affect the ally. The attack automatically hits you without saves and you take full damage,exceptions are only damage reduction abilities.

I was thinking that this feat would fit well with withing the "good kingdoms" of Farland. I was especially thinking of "bodyguards" of the most notable people - kings, nobility and so forth.
Feedback?(You CAN throw tomatoes at me, for it's my first time at creating feats)

Thanks for the contributions, Aahz. The first one, though, is a class ability for my Council Sentinel (http://www.farlandworld.com/prestige.html#anchor_13004) prestige class, and as such I can't make it a feat.

What would be the use of the second one, to attack the giant creature?

Sorry about the first one! Should've read more before posting!

I thought that the second one would be something nice to counter any large creatures. Note that I said "at least one size larger", which means, you could climb up a dragon, for example. In essense, it would be an easier battle, for, say, a rogue, because he would be able to use his sneak attack(in case when attacking a humainoid giant), AND the enemy would have only one chance to attack. Besides, in the case of the dragon, the rogue wouldn't be safe out for any breath attacks as long as he is "riding the dragon".

This sounds kind of rough, but I think it gets the idea through...?

or not...:biggrin

Hey! A chance to write in a new world.

*gets to work*

I would love to see some stuff from you. If you need any direction/advice, let me know.

:)

Oh I think I know what I'm gonna write. If you want I could give you a quick sample of what I have written so far. Its over the Barbarian Trials in Kael. I spent most of the afternoon reading all your stuff over Kael so I think it will turn out good. I'm prolly gonna make this one kinda short but still long ya know. Glad I could help Farland out. Yay also its a chance for me to get recognized for my writing skills.

I've read through much of the campaign setting and I have to say that I'm very impressed Farland! I like the dark and realistic feel that the setting seems to embody.

After the adventure that Iím writing is complete, I would love to continue writing material for your setting.

Ps- Another few days and the Endless Well adventure will be finished! ;)