Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

D&D4e question here.

Does the Ranger powers with the Beast keyword work for mounts and other animal companions besides the companion you pick from your Beast Master class feature? Just wondering because I noticed that good ol' Drizzet is a Two-Blade ranger but still has Beast powers. He also has Guen (Flavored Golden Lion) in his item inventory.

So for example if I used Circling Strike and I had, say, a wyvern mount, would the wyvern be able to shift 1?

By RAW, I'm pretty doubtful. On the other hand, the way most of those powers are structured, I cant see it really being broken easily.

DnD 3.5:

What kind of action is a Raptoran's Gliding? Is it something that just happens whenever they're in mid-air but not unconscious, negating the typical 150feet/round falling speed and moving them forward? Or do they have to take a move action to keep hovering? If they choose not to, do their wings also bring them into a tight corkscrew?

I'm not reading it right now, but I believe you shall have answers reading the mobility rules in the PHB. It speaks of Hovering and Gliding there.

Sorry for not being more helpful, but I'm just about to go to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4yne View Post
I'm not reading it right now, but I believe you shall have answers reading the mobility rules in the PHB. It speaks of Hovering and Gliding there.
I can't find it... could you point me to the page?

That does not mention anything about gliding, though, which to my knowledge is a race-specific, unique ability which did not even exist when the DMG was printed...

Raptoran's cannot hover while gliding. Even if their maneuverability is improved. That's plainly stated in the description of gliding. Given that the glide has a speed of 40, it would seem to be a move action. Gliding can be done whenever another person would fall., so they could jump off something high and glide from there. The corkscrew thing is what happens when in the air and unconscious, they only move forward when under control.