Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Eldritch Theurge from Complete Mage... if you consider Warlock an Arcane class...

Ultimate Mages (CMage) combines a prepared arcane caster with a spontaneous caster.

I feel certain I've seen a Druid/Cleric class somewhere, but I'll be buggered if I remember where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genuine View Post
Ultimate Magus (CMage) combines a prepared arcane caster with a spontaneous
/fixed

Did a google search, and there really isn't an official divine/divine theurge PrC in 3.5. You could adapt Ultimate Magus as suggested, and try your luck there.

Quicken Spell reads:

Quote:
Benefit: Casting a quickened spell is a free action. You can perform another action, even casting another spell, in the same round as you cast a quickened spell. You may cast only one quickened spell per round. A spell whose casting time is more than 1 full-round action cannot be quickened. A quickened spell uses up a spell slot four levels higher than the spellís actual level. Casting a quickened spell doesnít provoke an attack of opportunity.
Special: This feat canít be applied to any spell cast spontaneously (including sorcerer spells, bard spells, and cleric or druid spells cast spontaneously), since applying a metamagic feat to a spontaneously cast spell automatically increases the casting time to a full-round action.
Accelerate Metamagic reads:

Quote:
Benefit: Choose a metamagic feat you know. You can apply the selected metamagic feat to any spontaneously cast spell without increasing the casting time.
Normal: Without this feat, metamagic spells with a normal casting time of 1 standard action take a full-round
action for spontaneous casters. Metamagic spells with a casting time of longer than 1 standard action take spontaneous
casters an extra full-round action to cast.
So Quicken Spell doesn't work with spontaneous casting despite the fact that it normally works on any spell with a casting time of one full round action (note that metamagiced spontaneous spells have a casting time of one full round action). The reason given being, that the very act of adding the metamagic effect actually increases the spell's casting time.

Accelerate Metamagic allows you to cast a metamagiced spontaneous spell of one type (of metamagic effect) without increasing the spell's casting time. This, in and of itself, is a benefit. Should it also allow you to decrease the casting time of a spell by making the metamagic feat you apply Quicken Spell?

Yes. The 'Special' text of Quicken Spell is not a mere statement of fact, but an explanation of cause-and-effect that, given the application of Accelerate Metamagic, no longer holds true.

Is there any PrC out there that stacks with Paladin to determine class lvl dependent mechanics? (D&D; 3.5)

D&D 3.5e

According to the SRD and the PHB it says that "At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws."

If the Charisma bonus was to change through either items, spells, or simply levelling up, would this bonus change with it or would I be stuck with the bonus as it stood at 2nd level?

Thanks in advance.