Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

I'm looking the rules for in 3.5 D&D for splitting up a full round action to two standard action to cast a spell. Can some one show me it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3kings View Post
I'm looking the rules for in 3.5 D&D for splitting up a full round action to two standard action to cast a spell. Can some one show me it is?
A round can be broken up into 1 Full action, 1 Standard and 1 Move action, or 2 Move actions. In order to take 2 standard actions in one round, you'd have to activate a spell, ability, or magic item that specifically grants you an extra standard or full action for that round.

I think you're referring to the "Start a Full-Round Action" and "Complete a Full-Round Action" standard actions. Basically, it means you split a single full-round action across two turns, generally because you are denied full actions.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/act...ullRoundAction

Thanks, Sith, that was what I was looking for.

in 3.5e Do the flaws Shaky (-2 to ranged attack) & Non-Combatant (-2 to melee attacks) stack, when making a ranged touch attack?

No. A ranged touch attack is still a ranged attack, not a melee one.

No, ranged touch attacks are still only considered ranged attacks. What makes them a "touch" attack is that they ignore armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses to AC.

can MW tools be created for Knowledge checks ? I don't see anything against it, but it seems vaguely nonsensical (unless they took the form of laminated flyers like they give out in a high school Guidance office:

"Changes: Above and Below" (Quick Deity & Undead Recognition Guide) (also doubles as a guide on puberty) grants +2 to checks on Knowledge (Religion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiov View Post
can MW tools be created for Knowledge checks ? I don't see anything against it, but it seems vaguely nonsensical (unless they took the form of laminated flyers like they give out in a high school Guidance office:

"Changes: Above and Below" (Quick Deity & Undead Recognition Guide) (also doubles as a guide on puberty) grants +2 to checks on Knowledge (Religion)
Depending on the GM, I imagine you'd have to pay for each separate Knowledge type. And it could easily be fluffed as something like "Archmage's diary of arcane knowledge" (for knowledge: Arcana) or "A brief history of nobility" (for knowledge: Nobility and Royalty).

Just think outside the box a little bit.

Yeah, Masterwork tools for Knowledges are almost assuredly going to be literature-based, but it's really easy to see how they could and would work.

I could even see a Masterwork Survival tool to be a field guide. Heck, add Use Rope in there and you've got a typical boy scout book.