Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiov View Post
can MW tools be created for Knowledge checks ? I don't see anything against it, but it seems vaguely nonsensical (unless they took the form of laminated flyers like they give out in a high school Guidance office:

"Changes: Above and Below" (Quick Deity & Undead Recognition Guide) (also doubles as a guide on puberty) grants +2 to checks on Knowledge (Religion)
One of my characters has been a student with the best teachers and I just made her walk around with her notebooks. By notebooks I say 5 books, each granting +2 bonus to a different Knowledge check.

Sure. A good library is an excellent mw knowledge tool. A GM might say that you need to take some time to use them.

Does a Potion of Mage Armor stack with your regular armor bonus? So say you are wearing scale mail (+4 AC) and drink Mage Armor Potion (+4 AC) do you get the bonus?

The standard answer is no. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the same bonuses do not stack. Mage Armour provides an armour bonus to AC, therefore does not stack with the armour bonus granted by actual armour.

Quote:
Armor bonuses stack with all other bonuses to Armor Class (even with natural armor bonuses) except other armor bonuses.
Mage Armour is an armour bonus and therefore would not stack.

EDIT: though I suppose the benefit of having armour and mage armour would be you would have a +4 AC bonus against incorporeal attacks.

EDIT2: question, if an incorporeal creature cannot

Quote:
any physical action that would move or manipulate an opponent or its equipment
and

Quote:
attacks pass through (ignore) natural armor, armor, and shields
doesnt this officially mean that they couldnt actually deal damage to a physical opponent? Or can ghosts and such still damage opponents normally?

Quote:
doesnt this officially mean that they couldnt actually deal damage to a physical opponent? Or can ghosts and such still damage opponents normally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
SRD
However, incorporeal beings have a tangible presence that sometimes seems like a physical attack against a corporeal creature.
No. Incorporeal creatures can harm corporeal opponents (unless their description states something else).

I'm not familiar with level adjustments for players.

The 4 races are Kobold, Gnoll, Catfolk, and Goblin.
Catfolk and Gnoll have a +1 level adjustment.
Should I start Kobolds and Goblins off at level 2 while Catfolks and Gnolls start at level 1?

Gnolls also have 2 racial HD, so would need to start at ECL 3 (the Gnoll(s) would have no class levels, yet, though), with the Catfolk having 2 class levels, and the kobold(s) and goblin(s) each having 3 class levels.

Is there a way to make them all be just level 1 to make things simpler for me.
All these races are for the PCs to play as.