Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

As the SRD says this:
Able to cast 2nd-level divine spells and 2nd-level arcane spells.
on the Mystic Theurge, would you be able to take the precocious apprentice feat to become a Mystic Theurge with one wizard and three cleric levels?

Or otherwise with a third level wizard who has the feat which allows him to gain the spells from a cleric domain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
As the SRD says this:
Able to cast 2nd-level divine spells and 2nd-level arcane spells.
on the Mystic Theurge, would you be able to take the precocious apprentice feat to become a Mystic Theurge with one wizard and three cleric levels?
Depends on your (or your GM's) reading. I've seen both these reasonings:

Yes, precocious apprentice is sufficient.

No, because the entry requirement states "able to cast 2nd level [X] spells" and precocious apprentice grants one 2nd level slot and one second level spell you can cast despite not having the required caster level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperatorK View Post
Telflammar Shadowlord's Shadow Pounce:
Do I have to make the full attack immediately after the teleport or can I do some kind of free or non-action and then attack? I'm asking because the full attack is a part of the teleportation and not a separate, full round action.
Quote:
Shadow Pounce: Any time he uses (...) he may execute a full attack (...)
However...
Quote:
Shadow Jump: (...) as if by means of a dimension door spell. (...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension Door
(...)After using this spell, you canít take any other actions until your next turn.
In summary: No, you don't have to make a full attack after the teleport - but if you used the Telflammar Shadowlord's Shadow Jump ability (or the Dimension Door spell), you can't take any other actions.

With other teleport abilities... you should be able to take free/non-action actions. I wonder, though, what kind of free/non-action you'd need between teleporting and full-attacking that you can't use before teleporting.

What if you teleport around a corner and discover someone you need to shoot that you couldn't see prior? Could you use that time to draw an arrow?

Does it specify it has to be a melee full attack?

Well, it seems no one is adept with 40k rules, so I'll just ask a 3.5 one;

Can a druid quality for the Alienist PrC and Summon Nature's Ally quality as Summon Monster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kobold View Post
What if you teleport around a corner and discover someone you need to shoot that you couldn't see prior? Could you use that time to draw an arrow?
The shadowlord must have line of sight to his intended target prior the teleportation, so attacking a 'new' enemy with shadow pounce is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Number 13
Does it specify it has to be a melee full attack?
Yes and no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Pounce
(...) the spot he teleports must be a place from which he can launch a melee full attack (...) with whatever weapon he has in hand at the beginning of his action
A Shadowlord with reach holding a dagger could teleport into melee distance and then make a ranged full-attack with thrown daggers (assuming Quick Draw and a teleportation effect that's not based upon Dimension Door, i.e. no Teflammar Shadow Jump)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secutor View Post
Can a druid quality for the Alienist PrC and Summon Nature's Ally quality as Summon Monster?
Qualify? Yes. Summon Nature's Ally is a Conjuration (Summoning) Spell.

SMN, however, would not benefit from the Alienist Summon Alien class feature without houseruling; Summon Alien specifies summon monster spells and without houseruling, this excludes Summon Nature's Ally, Summon Undead, etc.

Another question:

I know for a fact that there is a feat allowing you to use magical items from a class as if you belonged to it, but I can't for the life of me find it. Would any of you guys know what feat it is?