Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quick D&D4e question:

If I use a melee power with a weapon, do I get to add the weapon proficiency with the attack roll? Let's assume it's attack is "Intelligence v. AC". Do I only get the intelligence modifier or do I get the proficiency bonus, too?

Does someone have a source for this?

strmknght

Edit: Answered my own question. I'll leave this here for anyone else who wants to know.

Player's Handbook (p55-6)

Accessories: These keywords identify items used with the power. If you have a proficiency bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls from your weapon or an enhancement bonus to your attack rolls and damage rolls from a magic weapon or an implement, you add that bonus when you use a power that has the associated keyword.

Ok, here's one.

Fochlucan Lyrist. I'm looking for an Epic Progression of the class, but my google-fu is weak. Anyone know some good links or where I can look

It doesn't exist, not officially. I'm sure that some people have homebrewed up their own, but the vast majority of epic prestige class progressions need to be done by hand.

I can't find anything online, but a simple epic progression would be easy (As there aren't any powers that keep advancing)
Each level:
Hp as normal
Saves & BaB as epic progression
Spells day/Spells Known +1/level
Bonus feat once every 3 levels

Regarding Spellthieves: With their various 'steal ____' abilities, it generally simply says that anytime they can successfully deal sneak attack damage they can forgo 1d6 of damage and steal a spell (or a spell effect, or a spell-like ability, or resistance, depending on level).

Can a higher level Spellthief forgo several d6s and steal several spells (or whatever) at once? Or is he limited to one use per attack?

It looks like he's limited to one use per attack per ability. I could easily be wrong on this, but it looks like he could steal a spell and a spell-like ability for example.

4E Question:

I seem to recall seeing note somewhere that Religion's associated ability score had been tweaked from Intelligence to Wisdom. However, I can't find any such modification in the errata. Can anyone confirm this? A citation would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMorganes View Post
4E Question:

I seem to recall seeing note somewhere that Religion's associated ability score had been tweaked from Intelligence to Wisdom. However, I can't find any such modification in the errata. Can anyone confirm this? A citation would be awesome.
There was an error in which Religion had been marked as (Wis) on a certain class's list, but that was fixed in errata. So basically, it never happened.

Ah, that's what it was, then. Thanks, Sith!