Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
Sorry: D&D 3.5.
I think it might depend on the spell. For something like... I dunno, Implosion obviously you would, else you don't have a target. But for something like say... Summon Elemental Monolith? Don't think so.

From the spell Daylight:
Daylight counters or dispels any darkness spell of equal or lower level, such as darkness.

For a player using Daylight as a Spell-Like ability, could he dispel a Darkness spell, when the following is referenced under the SP ability info:
Quote:
A spell-like ability can be disrupted just as a spell can be. Spell-like abilities cannot be used to counterspell, nor can they be counterspelled.
Is a post-casting counterspell the same as a mid-casting counterspell? Can a player use Daylight as a racial SP to kill an opponent's Darkness spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
From the spell Daylight:
Daylight counters or dispels any darkness spell of equal or lower level, such as darkness.

For a player using Daylight as a Spell-Like ability, could he dispel a Darkness spell, when the following is referenced under the SP ability info:

Is a post-casting counterspell the same as a mid-casting counterspell? Can a player use Daylight as a racial SP to kill an opponent's Darkness spell?
It wouldn't be a counterspell; it'd be dispelling it, which would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
ah, thanks. The text said "Daylight counters and dispels Darkness", hence the confusion
Fixed. Emphasis mine.

A warforged can have the spell warped template added to it right? (Warforged from Ebberon, and Spell-warped from MMIII)

Nope, Constructs can't get Spellwarped.