Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Wild Cohort feat. Also, start with a Magebred Warbeast or something.
Yup... I was trying to think of the name of that feat... until I saw your post.

3.5: Outside of Core, are there any races that get a bonus to CHA and what are their LA?

The only ones I know of are Dark Elves and Umbragan elves. Both have an LA +2. (By the way, Drow can be found in the monster manual and in the Underdark book, Umbragan are only in an old Dragon magazine.) (so far as I know.)

+2 CHA - Spellscale from Races of the Dragon - +0 LA
+3 INT, WIS, CHA - Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold from Races of the Dragon - +0 LA

Lesser Aasimar are a form of Aasimar that give up their native outsider status for planetouched humanoid status with everything else intact, removing the level adjustment. +2 Wis, +2 Cha, no LA. Star Elves have +2 Cha, -2 Con, and they're from one of the Forgotten Realms books. Shining South, I think. I'm pretty sure they're sans LA as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
+3 INT, WIS, CHA - Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold from Races of the Dragon - +0 LA
Very cheesy; don't expect DMs to allow this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
Very cheesy; don't expect DMs to allow this.
Considering the whopping -6 in penalties kobolds normally get? It's not that bad. Loredrakes are the cheesy one. If the DM shoots it down, it's not unreasonable to ask for a flat +2 Cha to begin to balance out the godawful stats they have by default.

Physical penalties are almost meaningless for a caster. Oh, no, I can't move this rock...Oh, I'll do it with MAGIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
Physical penalties are almost meaningless for a caster. Oh, no, I can't move this rock...Oh, I'll do it with MAGIC.
That doesn't make the racial stats any less pathetic. There's no need for kobolds to stay that bad. +2 Cha is a perfectly fair bonus for 'em.