Paragon Paths/Prestige Class Conversions

Paragon Paths/Prestige Class Conversions

OK, I'm playing with Paragon Paths/Prestige Class conversions and had a few questions comments.

Three prestige classes shouldn't convert to 4.0... Warlord (it is a class) and Weapon Expert (Kensei) have already been done.

Dwarven Sapper doesn't convert well, but could be an entirely new class.

Wind Night goes directly against the grain of 4.0e flying is hard rule. What are thoughts of this as an epic destiny instead of a paragon path?

Others should convert relatively easy.

Comments on the above?

Perhaps Warlord could become a differently-named paragon class aimed at whatever our new mass combat system becomes.

Let me see if I can whip something up for weapon expert.

We could lose the Wind Knight as far as I'm concerned.

Sithobi has already done the Longbowman.

I don't see why Warlord can't be a paragon-path. May name it something creative like Battle General.

Noted & thanks. We'll need to completely rework the mass combat rules -- and the current Warlord path really needs to be tied to that.

So you are correct - it doesn't go away, but it needs to be completely reworked.

Council Sentinel Paragon Path

Council Sentinel – Paladin paragon path
The history of the Council Sentinel extends all the way back to Seldorius and the second Cadre of the Wise. Attacked by unknown assailants, the archmage Seldorius of Farland recruited elite warriors to watch over the cadre meetings. Seldorius took great care to train and magically enhance these guardians. His teachings became the basis for the elite school of Council Sentinels. Although the Cadre has long since passed into legend, Council Sentinels can still be found standing guard over kings or treasure troves, and they still insist upon the full title of their order, out of pride in their ancient lineage. In fact, employing a Council Sentinel has long been a mark of prestige among kings and nobles of the Eastern Alliance Kingdoms.

Requirements: Paladin, Defender Role

Sentinel’s Defense: (11th level) When you take an action point to take an extra action, you gain a bonus to AC equal to half your level until the beginning of your next round.
Ever Vigilant: (11th level): You gain +2 to bonus to all perception checks.
Stalwart Sentinel: (16th level): When an effect forces you to move (such as a push, pull or slide), you may elect to prevent such movement up to 2 spaces.

Class Features
Body Shield, 11th Level Council Sentinel
You call on divine aid to put yourself in harms way rather than your ally. While you do so, you manage quick attack against your enemy.
Encounter ✦ Divine
Daily, Immediate Interrupt------Ranged 5

Trigger:Willing Ally struck by an attack
[b]Effect:[b]You switch places with your ally. All effects that would have happened to your ally now happen to you.

Enhanced Senses, Council Sentinel Utility 12
Nothing escapes the watchful eye of the Council Sentinel
At-Will✦ Divine
Minor Action-----Personal

Effect: You gain the ability to see invisible objects.[/size]
Sustain: Minor

Last Ditch Defense Council Sentinel Attack 20
When surrounded and outnumbered by an enemy, the Council Sentinel throws caution to the wind to beat back his enemies, heedless of his own safety
Daily ✦ Martial, Reliable, Weapon
Standard Action------Melee
weapon-- close burst 2
Target: All enemies in burst
Special: Until the start of your next turn, you take a penalty to your AC equal to the number of enemies in the radius of your burst that you successfully struck with this power.
Attack: Str vs. AC
Hit: 3[W]+Dexterity modifier damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
Council Sentinel Paladin paragon path
I'm liking it. Comments:

Shouldn't the Body Shield be an immediate interrupt, triggered by a willing ally being struck by an attack?

Is Last Ditch Defense a close burst or a blast? If a blast, why? Especially a blast 1. Maybe close burst 2 or 3, all enemies in burst would be better. Otherwise, for the AC trade-off it seems a bit weak. Maybe it the AC should be lowered 1 for each enemy that the last ditch defense actually hits.

Correct to all and updated. Let me know if you think there should be more changes (or Farland, you can make them yourself)

Going to toss my hand here. Again, I'm not intimate with Farland so I may be doing things that go against the grain of the fluff. Just looking at the classes and converting those.

Shadowwalker
I look at everything about you. Who you are, where you've been and where you'll be.

Prerequisites: Elf or half-elf, ranger or rogue

The Shadowalker is a defender of Elven lands, skilled in scouting, reconnaissance, and defense. Shadowalkers are a brotherhood of twilight and shadow, ranging abroad in secret service to the Elven homeland. The Shadowalkers account for much of the military and societal information the elves have about the outside world, and they are often the first, and sometimes last, line of Elven defense.

Shadow Armor Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you can make a stealth check. You gain a bonus to AC and Reflex equal to the result of the stealth check divided by 5.

Speak with Animals (11th Level): You can speak with any animal of natural, fey or shadow origin with an Intelligence score of at least 3.

Shadow Walk (16th Level): If you have concealment, cover, superior cover or total concealment at the start of your turn, you can shift up to your speed as a move action. You can move through enemy's squares during this movement and must end your move with concealment, cover, superior cover or total concealment against at least one enemy.

Shadow Shank Shadowwalker Attack 11
From the darkness, a shining blade reaches out. And in the same instant, it disappears.
Encounter | Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee or Ranged Weapon
Target: One creature that you are hidden from
Attack: Strength vs AC (melee) or Dexterity vs AC (ranged)
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage (melee) or 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage (ranged) and you can make a stealth check to remain hidden and avoid being noticed.
Miss: You can make a stealth check to remain hidden and avoid being noticed.

Shadow Jump Shadowwalker Utility 12
You walk through the shadows like a dark veil.
Daily | Martial
Move Action
Requirement: You must have concealment, cover, superior cover or total concealment from at least one enemy.
Effect: You can teleport up to 10 squares. You must end your movement with concealment, cover, superior cover or total concealment from at least one enemy. You become hidden to any enemies who you had concealment, cover, superior cover or total concealment from at the start of the move and still have concealment, cover, superior cover or total concealment from at the end.

Liason's Knife Shadowwalker Attack 20
You take a moment to study your foe before striking. Afterwards, you know their weaknesses.
Daily | Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs AC (melee)
Special: Before you attack, you can make a knowledge check, using the skill relevant to and lowest DC to the creature. If you succeed, you gain combat advantage for this attack.
Hit: 4[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Special: If you succeeded on the knowledge check, the creature gains vulnerability 5 to all your attacks for the remainder of the encounter.
Miss: Half damage and no vulnerability.

Kind of winged it, but still tried to incorporate ideas from the existing PrC as well as some ideas of my own. I don't know if the power names were taken or not. Feel free to correct my wording or anything like that.

Kit-- good stuff so far. Your help is much appreciated.