Notices


Delvers in the Dark

   
Layna shakes her head and her shoulders slump, "So much for not running blindly after them," she mutters as she waits for the group to file into the room. When she does enter the room she enters slowly and surveys the surroundings, obviously more interested in the room than the kobolds fleeing it.

As Methuselah looks on, Sikhandyn quickly launches a crossbow bolt through the doorway at the nearest kobold. The bolt carries over its head and clatters to the floor inside the room.

Karn leads the charge into the chamber, which is almost completely dark with the torch still in the hallway. With one quick chop of his hand, he caves in the head of the nearest kobold and sends the dying creature to the floor, twitching. He surveys the room and surmises it to be about seventy feet by forty feet. The only other door is set in the east wall, close to the corner it makes with the south wall; one of the four remaining kobolds has it open and is attempting to make its way out.

The other three kobolds look startled by the sudden ferocity of the attack, but raise their short spears and back towards the door with caution. They appear to have been examining a set of crates stacked in the northeast corner.

Astaban runs the other way after opening the door, returning to the entry chamber. The horses look askance as he turns and sets himself, watching for the kobolds to return.

Layna, Sofia, and Wyngrad move in cautiously, with Sofia lingering in the doorway by Methuselah.

OOCRound 2 begins now. All the kobolds are within range to move and attack, except the one in the doorway (since the other three are in the way). The crates in the northeast corner are the only remaining objects in the room.

Initiative order: Methuselah, Sikhandyn, Karn, Kobolds, Astaban, Layna, Sofia, Wyngrad.

"Oh, to heck with it. WITH THE RAGE OF THE FLOOD!" He yells his battlecry and immediately afterwards holds out his hand toward the kobold furthest from him. "APROACH!" he
Spell "Command" DC 14 will save negates
commands, hoping to cause the kobold to make himself vulnerable to the attacks of his companions.

'No time to reload' Sikhandyn sighs.

The wizard follows Methuselah into the room. In spite of the surrounding chaos, his eyes quickly search the walls for the second door - the one that would allow the kobolds to flee and raise the alarm, or receive reinforcements.

As soon as he sees the fleeing monster, he extends his right hand in the kobold's direction and a small ball of energy darts forth from his fingertip.

Dice Roll: 1d4+1
d4 Results: 2 (Total = 3)
Magic Missile

With an angry look on his face Sikhandyn then addresses the kobolds, his voice filled with reproach:

"Why do you welcome us thus? We have come to offer rich sapphires to the mighty dragon." he says loudly in draconic.

Dice Roll: 1d20
d20 Results: 9
Bluff

Wyngrad, moves in as if to attack. Upon hearing Sikhandyn speaking in some strange tongue, he presses the attack.

Dice Roll: 1d20+5 1d10+2
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 12)
d10 Results: 7 (Total = 9)
attack if able to

Karn looks at Sikhandyn as strange sounds come out of his mouth.

Immediately he charges towards the leftmost of the the three kobolds, yelling "Haya!". Just before he reaches the kobold, he
Tumble:
Dice Roll:
1d20+9
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 10)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+7
Original Dice: 1d20+7
dives forward, rolling past him to end up on his feet in front of the kobold at the door. As he does so, his hand
Unarmed Strike:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 1d8+2
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 15)
d8 Results: 6 (Total = 8)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+3 1d6+2
Original Dice: 1d20+3 1d6+2
snaps out.

Layna advances, her stride conveying single-minded purpose. She approaches from the
her right, the kobold's left
right side of the kobolds and slashes at the nearest one with her
Composite Longbow:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 1d8
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 19)
d8 Results: 8
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+1 1d6
Original Dice: 1d20+1 1d6
short sword.

damn concurrent postingSince Karn snuck in while I was posting, I changed which side I came from... considering I'm way late in the round, I figure that is OK. If not, I came from my left as originalyl intended.

The wizard looks left and right, trying to make sense out of the confusion.

"The Devil take order now" Shakespeare, Henry V, Act IV

Too bad Karn had to change his version, the first one was brilliant.
OOC

Astaban mutters something inaudibly as he watches the party go through the door. Sighing, he walks into the room, joining his companions, and surveys the scene.

Methuselah calls out in a commanding voice, but the kobolds appear not to understand his order. However, Sikhandyn's bolt of energy and sibilant roar convey all they need to know. The one in the doorway staggers as the crackling bolt strikes it square in the back, but manages to flee into the hallway beyond. The remainder follow the first out, ignoring Karn's sprawling attempt to tumble into their midst.

Wyngrad and Layna advance to the back door, where the sharp-eyed elven woman catches a glimpse of the kobolds fleeing to the north down a long hallway into the darkness. Sofia and Astaban join the rest of the party in the chamber, where the only remnant of the combat is the stiffening corpse of the kobold that Karn felled.

OOCWyngrad and Layna can choose to pursue, but there is no light in the hallway and you will quickly be in total darkness; the kobolds can outrun your light source (Sofia).





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status