Notices

Issue Seven: Infinity Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero4hire (MantaMan) View Post
"Is that a tuning fork on that guy's head???" indicating Black Bolt.
"King Black Bolt's antenna complex allows him greater control over sub-atomic particle projection as well as the ability to focus and direct the phonon emission of his voice", Dr. Strange explained in a way that seemed like he was trying to make sense.

Captain blinked twice.

"Well, madam chairperson, I guess I'll stick with you", Pulsar says. "That way, we can even out the Orphu tech between the teams a little." He glances over at Rad, who still isn't smiling.

But, really, does he ever?

Maelstrom waves a little wave and smiles to the other group. He looked about himself and shrugged. Well, he didn't know any of these folk all that well yet, but at least he knew Rad. Hopefully the morose speedster would be a little nicer away from his sister. And Blackbird was a reassuring presence. Maelstrom felt a little bit of a hero worship thing for him, like Cap, but he tried not to show it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
"King Black Bolt's antenna complex allows him greater control over sub-atomic particle projection as well as the ability to focus and direct the phonon emission of his voice", Dr. Strange explained in a way that seemed like he was trying to make sense.

Captain blinked twice.
Blackbird did a mental, "Oh, #%$^!" as the first three words cause him to skip the jargon entirely. If Dr. Strange says this man is a king, then he's a king...which makes Blackbird a soldier who didn't recognize a CIC. #^$%!

And he snaps to attention and salutes. "I beg your pardon, your highness. I wasn't informed as to your status."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
"I beg your pardon, your highness. I wasn't informed as to your status."

Black Bolt nods.

Agent X looks slightly peaved as to his choice slash need to change to his alter ego. He keeps a scowl on for awhile before he snaps his fingers above his head. He chuckles abit when black bird snaps to attention.

Allways the good soldier hey man. It is an admirable trait that I have not seen in a good amount of time. I think it to be the sign of a true gentleman. So then when exactly are we going to do this thing hum. I mean heck man I am just wondering you know.

X turns to look telsla's way. Do me a favor there Dr. Tesla. Let me know when it is time to go. I just want the time to get my game face on.

Oh s@^$ Thanos...

Everything goes blue....

Energystar opens her eyes and immediately grabs her head again. She could be beat with a wreaking crane and not be phased but this head game and teleportation crap is too much.

She takes in her surroundings and acknowledges that everyone is present. She is comforted by the arrival of Dr. Strange.

She listens intently to the science talk and explanation by Strange.

Looking to BlackBird, "You're the lead for your group."

She turns to Agent X. "Our butting heads will continue as long as you continue your assumption that we are not going to get along. A little more respect and less sarcasm toward those with more experience, goes a long way. You can start by showing The Avenger in your group your ability to follow instead of lead."

She walks toward Benni. She changes her annoyed face to friendly as she approaches. "My name is Energystar. I am the current Chairman of the Avengers East Coast. The Avengers have been disappearing quite regularly and the cast members have changed a lot. This is The Captain. He is a senior member as well. I'm sorry for the events that have brought you here, but am happy to have you working with us. May I suggest something to you? The explosion that brought you here; may have done more than teleport you. You may have changed. Strength you are not used to, enlarged size; your make-up may have been altered, and I don't mean eye-liner. That is how I first started manifesting powers. I would feel more comfortable if you tested yourself before we left. Please, punch me. Hard as you can. Trust me I can take it."

Energystar changes her stance awaiting the power of Benni's blow.

I forgot somethin'.
OOPS

Energystar addresses Strange, "Thanos thought we had something he wanted. Could it be one of the stones?"

PowerSurge takes his place beside Pulsar, who he's been teamed up with since invading the AIM facility and teh two heroes join EnergyStar's team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar) View Post
Energystar addresses Strange, "Thanos thought we had something he wanted. Could it be one of the stones?"
"Do any of you hold any of the Infinity Gems?", Dr. Strange asks. The collective looks at each other, quizically.

"Oh, wait!", Rad says, reaching into his pocket. "Nope. Just two quarters and some lint. I can check my other pockets...?"

The team's eyes narrow as they simultaneously turn away from Rad and back to Stephen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar)
"Please, punch me. Hard as you can. Trust me I can take it."
Assuming Keyote doesn't protest, EnergyStar will discover tha Benni is
26 points of damage to EnergyStar reduced by Beta Cloth and Flak Jacket.
Remarkably strong...

"Now", Stephen instructs you, handing Blackbird and EnergyStar each a scroll, "read the first section of these scrolls aloud. These will teleport each team into the presence of a powerful spell caster, sympathetic to our cause. Present the scroll to them, but do not tell them what you seek. The more they know, the more difficult it becomes to loacte the gems. At the completion of your quest, you will return to their presence, and they can send you back here so we can prepare to confront Thanos."

Opening the scrolls and inspecting them, the characters are not from any language either 'Bird or 'Star are familiar with. Somehow, though, strange sounds utter forth from their lips as they try to form the symbols into sounds. There is a flash of yellow, and then...

Team A (EnergyStar, Cap, Benni, MantaMan, Pulsar, PowerSurge), see Interlude One: The Time Gem

Team 2 (Agent X, Blackbird, Jericho Tesla, Maelstrom, Radical Warrior), see Interlude Two: The Reality Gem

You can amuse yourself by reading each other's threads if you like!

Current Status:

HeroMaximum HealthCurrent DamageCurrent HealthPopularityCurrent Total Karma
Agent X660660139
Benni10401040133
Blackbird8408429506
Bubbles (MIA)86??4410
Captain (NPC)13729108691046
EnergyStar106961072903
Jericho Tesla11620965300
Jim (MIA)120??2321
Maelstrom750751093
MantaMan170 01709700
PowerSurge1312011122227
Pulsar (NPC)160120405584
Radical Warrior (NPC)1403011036905

Karma Pool 221

You are all assembled together once again in the blue cloudy region Dr. Strange referred to as the 'Astral Plane'. Looking at each other for some indication of whether the other team has completed their mission, Rad opens his hand to reveal one of the gems. EnergyStar does the same in response.

In the distance, you see a crowd of people, although you can't make out who they are. After a few moments, most of them they disappear until only two remain. As those two individual approach your party through the blue haze, you realize it is Black Bolt, King of the Inhumans, and Doctor Stephen Strange, Sorcerer Supreme. The two heroes reveal to you that they were successful as well, each of them possessing one of the Infinity Gems. This means your group now possesses 4 of the 6 known gems.

"All of us must prepare to return and confront Thanos. Take these gems. Black Bolt and I will attempt to distract Thanos long enough for you to use their power against him. Be warned, however, that Thanos was already in the midst of an attack when we brought you here", Stephen warns you.