Notices

Issue Seven: Infinity Quest

X takes a look at all of the new stones here and studies there color and texture. He then wonders what the combination of the powers might be. He then scratches his head as he realizes that he has no idea what the other two stones deal with. I have a question as what the two stones you obtained were and what there powers are. I might be the only one here that has forgotten.

X turns and looks at EnergyStar He looks her up and down. It is rather good to see that you are okay. I do hope that you were able to complete your mission with out any major problems. Now then EnergyStar I would like to bury the issues between us I believe I have been misunderstood. I was originally inquiring bout your health to see if you might need any assistance. I had planed for no offense. Besides we may need to work together in order to deal with this current threat. EnergyStar what do you say truce or what hum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Barca View Post
X takes a look at all of the new stones here and studies there color and texture. He then wonders what the combination of the powers might be. He then scratches his head as he realizes that he has no idea what the other two stones deal with. I have a question as what the two stones you obtained were and what there powers are. I might be the only one here that has forgotten.
"The green gem I hold", Strange explains, "is the Soul Gem. It has the ability to create force bolts, translate any language, and can actually absorb an individual's mind, imprisoning it in a pocket dimension. The purple stone, held by Black Bolt, is the Space Gem. It grants the bearer teleportation and mastery of all forms of movement."

"Now"
, Stephen asks, "who among you should bear the gems before I return you from where you came?"

The four gems you have are the Reality, Soul, Space, and Time gems. Assuming Thanos has the other two, they would be the Mind and Power gems. Dr. Strange and Black Bolt most definitely do not plan on wielding the gems.
GM Note.

"Rad has the Reality gem, which - as far as we were told - holds the power to bend probability," Blackbird notes for the record and a complete listing. "While I believe it was the Time gem that the team leader holds. What does it grant?"

Nodding towards the Soul gem, he goes on, "Would the gem augment or otherwise affect someone who already has an affinity for force?"

"We have plenty of time to decide who gets the gems and come up with a plan before you send us back? Right, Dr Strange? You did say we are outside of time while in the Astral Plane?" Benni asks quizzically as she arches an eyebrow at Dr Strange.

"Ohh... and ummm.. I need to test something before we go back too. I mean I am alot stronger then I used to be, and consequently my body has to be much tougher to be able to engage that extra strength without damaging myself ..
Gets into the physics of muscle power to bone strength ratio and how much stress the human body's bone structure can take before cracking itself, how much pressure will pop blood vessels, and so on for 5 mins unless someone interrupts her
scientific babble So anyway I need the strongest person to squeeze my hand, slowly increasing pressure until I say stop. And then tell me how much they can bench press and what percentage of strength they used. From there I can estimate a pounds per square inch of pressure my body can take in blunt force trauma." Benni asks of the team in a reasonable, scientific experiment manner, wishing she had proper instruments to measure exactly amount of pressure is applied and tensile strength of her new body. "Of course that doesn't deal with cutting force or what happens when energy is released into my new body. But I do need this basic toughness question answered if I am going to be any use in a fight." Benni shrugs nonchalantly.

X eyes shoot directly to the space gem. X himself has the power of teleportation. He knows what it takes to be spot on about those kind of things. So his eyes keep drawn towards the gem.

Space gem you say huh I find that interesting. Teleportation is a very very tricky power. One slight mistake and you can end up inside of a solid object. I believe this gem should go to someone that understands the principles of such a type of travel. It has been a while since I experienced flight and super speed. Just be careful who uses that gem folks.

Energystar looked down at the gem in her hand and then at the other who were very informative about the gems they possessed. She clears her throat and says, "Um...were we supposed to find out what they did? I grabbed the gem and got the H.E. Double hockey stick out of there. We learned nothing about what it did." She looks sheepishly at the others.

She listens to Bennie's scientific rant with a blank, clueless stare. She brings out her staff and charges her, hitting her with all her might.

"You must have a force filed around you too!", she says when the staff misses her completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote View Post
"Of course that doesn't deal with cutting force or what happens when energy is released into my new body. But I do need this basic toughness question answered if I am going to be any use in a fight." Benni shrugs nonchalantly.
"I can provide a controlled emission of pure force energy, ma'am," Blackbird notes to Benni. "Two varieties, actually. The weaker of the two may be a better idea than-" and he pauses for Energystar's 'batter up!' move "-attempting to knock you out of the ballpark right before we get into a fight with a celestial being of incredible power?"

"Eeep... slow and controlled.. slow and controlled!" Benni squeaks in surprise as Energystar swings at her hard ...and breathes in relief as Energystar misses her. "Forcefield? Hmmm.. well.. I don't feel like I am extruding any energy and there is no visible indications of a forcefield and I do seem able to touch things just fine... hmmm... how else would one test for a forcefield in the field??"

"Umm.... that would be much appreciated Blackbird." Benni smiles at Blackbird as she moves towards him and braces herself for impact.

Blackbird raises his hand, palm out towards her. "Braced and ready? Then, incoming!"

His hand lights up with a pure white energy, which shoots out almost immediately to strike Benni. The effect is not unlike being hit by a boxing glove.

Hard.

By a pro boxer going for the perfect knockout punch. *

Excellent (20) power, it's a stunning blast of 'soft' force. Shouldn't deal any serious damage - I hope!
Stun Blast

*See Fight Science documentary - also conveniently available on Youtube.

Benni braces herself for the coming blow and blinks when the force bounces off of her. "umm... how low did you have that turned down? I didn't even feel that? Maybe again at high levels this time?" Benni asks of Blackbird.

Heh, not even close to doing damage to her Blackbird.
toughness