Notices

Issue Seven: Infinity Quest

"As you wish."

He angles the palm down slightly, not wanting to hit her in the face with the 'hard' blast. Again his palm erupts into a column of white force - this time, it strikes like a thrown anvil.

Incredible (40).
Force blast

"ooof" Benni grunts a bit as the force slams into her, "Okay, that wasn't that bad, you can hit me harder, that felt like a light punch. How much pounds per square inch of force was that by the way?" Benni quizes Blackbird as she braces again.

Okay, Benni now has an idea of how tough she is, as does everyone else. I don't think anyone can hit her harder then Blackbird did. Oh, she has a Body Resistance of Monstrous(63), which is why an attack of Incredible just bounces.
toughness

Despite the looming encounter, Blackbird can't help but smile as he gives her the
With his intellect and experience, I figure this is realistic.
precise PSI rating of the blast that just hit her.

He then notes, "That, ma'am, was my primary offensive arsenal at its full-strength rating; as you didn't even feel the first hit, I gauged it safe. Given that, I think you will be fine against anything of this sort - and, should one of these gems directly affect an individual's resilience, I would probably suggest you be the bearer."

Benni's eyes grow wide in shock as Blackbird relays to her the PSI rating and she blinks in more shock as she does mental calculations about how much she can probably take, "That...that.. is... just.. unbelievable.. I am practically invulnerable to physical attacks! OHHHH. MY.. Goddesss.. this.. this.. is unbelievable!" Benni looks down at her body in stunned disbelief.

Quote:
"That, ma'am, was my primary offensive arsenal at its full-strength rating; as you didn't even feel the first hit, I gauged it safe. Given that, I think you will be fine against anything of this sort - and, should one of these gems directly affect an individual's resilience, I would probably suggest you be the bearer."
"Yeah.. I guess I don't have to worry about being hurt in a fight." Benni shakes her head in stunned surprise at the thought that it is almost impossible for her to be hurt, wondering when she is going to wake up from this dream. It is impossible for people to shoot beams out of their hands or to take the force of a blow greater then a tank cannon can generate with no injury.

"Oookay... back the to the question of what we are going to do when we face Thanos again...and how to use the gems." Benni takes a deep breath and puts aside her disbelief of what is happening .. again.. to focus on what to do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote View Post
"Oookay... back the to the question of what we are going to do when we face Thanos again...and how to use the gems." Benni takes a deep breath and puts aside her disbelief of what is happening .. again.. to focus on what to do next.
"I think we know who will take Thanos on now! Our concern is what the gems they possess do. I would hate to have a gem called The Mind Gem taking control of you and turning you on us. Also, you may want to get a mask or something if you don't want people to know who you are. And maybe a hero name."

Energystar looks to Dr. Strange, "What do you know about the gems that Thanos possesses. There is NO WAY we are going back without a plan. I have lost enough of The Avengers in the past few months to last a lifetime."

X looks on at the exchange between the three Heroes. He is astounded by the newly found powers displayed by Benni. I do wonder what kind of disguises might best fit you Benni. I believe I have the old hero stand bye in this jacket some where. X delves into his jacket tossing out a few things here and there including a few different weapons. You notice 5 throwing knives, 3 Daggers and a few guns of assorted sizes. I think yep this is it right around here I hate not turning this thing out. Man is this freaking thing cluttered all the heck about. Here you go Benni try this mask on for size. It is one of those comic book black masks that is light more then a sliver. It will hide your appearance good enough for now. That is until you find a look that is more you. X then starts checking his weapons as he puts them back in his jacket in there correct spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar) View Post
Energystar looked down at the gem in her hand and then at the other who were very informative about the gems they possessed. She clears her throat and says, "Um...were we supposed to find out what they did? I grabbed the gem and got the H.E. Double hockey stick out of there. We learned nothing about what it did." She looks sheepishly at the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam (Blackbird) View Post
"…I believe it was the Time gem that the team leader holds. What does it grant?"
"The ability to duplicate oneself by summoning a counterpart from a future time stream…fast movement…multiple attacks…limited teleportation…"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam (Blackbird) View Post
[B]"Nodding towards the Soul gem, he goes on, "Would the gem augment or otherwise affect someone who already has an affinity for force?"
"Hmmm…it's possible…"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote (Benni) View Post
"We have plenty of time to decide who gets the gems and come up with a plan before you send us back? Right, Dr Strange? You did say we are outside of time while in the Astral Plane?"
"We are outside of normal time, although a separate standard for the passage of time does exist here. In fact, without going into any great detail, we are limited by the amount of time you can stay here…as we…Black Bolt and I…have other things to attend to here before we will be able to join you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote (Benni) View Post
"Ohh... and ummm.. I need to test something before we go back too,…"
After the repeated attempts of abuse by her peers, I deem that Benni can be expected to realize the full extent of her own Fighting, Agility, Strength, Endurance, and Body Resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Barca (Agent X) View Post
"Space gem you say…huh, I find that interesting. Teleportation is a very, very tricky power. One slight mistake and you can end up inside of a solid object. I believe this gem should go to someone that understands the principles of such a type of travel. It has been a while since I experienced flight and super speed. Just be careful who uses that gem folks."
Agent X has Teleportation, but most of you might not know that yet. The closest most of you have seen is Maelstrom's teleportation-like Telereformation power.

Who's going to take the Reality, Soul, and Space Gems? Does EnergyStar plan on keeping the Time Gem for the time being?

Current Status:

HeroMaximum HealthCurrent DamageCurrent HealthPopularityCurrent Total Karma
Agent X660660189
Benni10401040183
Blackbird8408429556
Bubbles (MIA)86??4410
Captain (NPC)13729108691046
EnergyStar106466072885
Jericho Tesla11620965350
Jim (MIA)120??2321
Maelstrom7507510143
MantaMan170 01709750
PowerSurge (NPC)1312011122227
Pulsar (NPC)160120405584
Radical Warrior (NPC)1403011036905

Karma Pool 221

Once the gems are offered up for the group to grab them, X takes hold of the space gem and holds it up near his face in order to get a close look at it. X begins to study the gem while a gleam appears in his right eye and begins to grow until it is almost all that you can see. He walks forward from the group and turns so that he is facing the majority of them.

I have been less then completely genuine with all of you in the AEF. It is a large part of my life to hold the full truth back from those I might meet. I am a life long servant of the best within the United States Government. I am a spy above all other things in life. It is in my heart honor loyalty and service above everything else. My true name is not Agent X if we are to go into battle together then I shall tell you all my true name. I am Christopher Alexander Micheals. While X says this he transforms back into Chris Micheals normal appearance. He looses three inches so that he is 6' 8" he drops 75 lbs. He then takes the gem away from his eyes.

I held the rank of Lieutenant Commandeer in the U.S. military until I joined a different kind of service. I believe that if we are to battle beside one another, you should no me before we go in to this fight. I have noticed the goodness and honor you all have. By noticing this, I have come to trust you. I hope you will be able to trust me by noticing similar traits with in me.

Dice Roll: 1d100r1
d100 Results: 34
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d100
Original Dice: 1d100
Incredible Intuition To figure out how much power he will need to use to activate the powers of the gem.

Quote:
"I think we know who will take Thanos on now! Our concern is what the gems they possess do. I would hate to have a gem called The Mind Gem taking control of you and turning you on us. Also, you may want to get a mask or something if you don't want people to know who you are. And maybe a hero name."
"well.. Benni should do for now, since it is a nickname and it isn't like anyone in this universe is going to know me," Benni shrugs, "better then calling me something I am not used to and me not responding."

Quote:
Here you go Benni try this mask on for size. It is one of those comic book black masks that is light more then a sliver. It will hide your appearance good enough for now. That is until you find a look that is more you.
"Unnn..thanks Agent X, I guess it is better to be safe then sorry about revealing your face." Benni smiles and shrugs as she pulls the mask over her head and face, making sure it is on firmly, making sure it won't slide in middle of fight and block her eyesight.

"Thank you for trusting and sharing your real name with us Micheals." Benni nods her head respectfully at Agent X as he reveals his true name and some of his history.

"Hmmm.. well.. since I am the toughest one here, I need to be up front taking Thanos's blows. How powerful is he anyway. All I remember from the comics is that he was supposed to be godlike." Benni looks towards Energystar and Cap looking a little nervous about being in the front of the fight and facing Thanos directly. "I am thinking that if I took the reality gem, I could use it to always be in the way of his attacks."

"Something we should also consider...who among us, alone, has the willpower to successfully use one of the gems without being affected? We were considering group efforts to that goal, having one person's will bolstered by the others."

"A plan would also be good. Are we going to attempt to subdue Thanos, or bring him to a standstill in hope that he will be willing to talk? And have we any clue as to his motives?"