Notices

Interlude: The Reality Gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
"Let's see...", he says, examining the scroll. After mumbling something completely incoherent for close to a minute, he looks up and gestures with his hand. The illumination in the room drops significantly and small sparkles of light come to life all around it. Some cluster together in small pockets. "This is a representation of our universe. There...", the man in the fez indicates, pointing to a yellow spot significantly brighter than the others, "is where your weapon lies. Let's see if we can focus in and see specifically where in the universe that point lies..."
Maelstrom leaned in closely, holding his breath. They would be going to space? His bottomless blue eyes narrowed and he swallowed nervously. Orbiting earth was one thing, but going into deep space? [swallow] Once he had dreamed of such things. When he was young and a scientist with the ESA, but then IT had happened. Six years he had floated alone in the velvety blackness. Six years of deathless alone. It had been twenty years since he'd finally managed to find this earth, quite out of his mind, and even now the idea getting lost again brought all that terror swimming back. [swallow]

Don't lose it. he told himself. Don't make a fool of yourself again. You can do this...

A long sip of Ovaltine to calm his nerves and steady his shaking hands...

Editing in a reason roll to determine if Maelstrom knows this sector of the galaxy at all. Excellent reason, possibly with +1CS from physics.
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 66
Good point, Stam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
"Let's see...", he says, examining the scroll. After mumbling something completely uncoherant for close to a minute, he looks up and gestures with his hand. The illumination in the room drops significantly and small sparkles of light come to life all around it. Some cluster together in small pockets. "This is a representation of our universe. There...", the man in the fez indicates, pointing to a yellow spot significantly brighter than the others, "is where your weapon lies. Let's see if we can focus in and see specifically where in the universe that point lies..."
Blackbird leans in to study the map, trying to figure out where it might be...

d100 Results: 84
Incredible Reason

X blinks twice at the quick jab he received. He sacns and looks eyes on Malestrom. Then without his face changing he then turns toward the galaxy map being displayed.
Now then that is what I call a display you know. Very interesting system you have going on here.

d100 Results: 3
Reason
d100 Results: 6
Intuitian

(intuition rem 35
d100 Results: 25
) "Did we meet......1954.....berlin mission i believe? or was it 48 Jerusalem?.......

[QUOTE=Sheridan;1761231]
"Thank you, I'm quite fond of it!", he replies, smiling. Leaning forward from his couch, the man reaches for the cardboard canister and a spoon from the serving tray. "May I offer anyone some Ovaltine? It's good both hot or cold."

Most deffinitely i would appreciate something from my time" Dr. Tesla replies, sipping the cold drink and admiring the room as Mr. Green and the others look for the location of the item, he leans in and tries to help best as he can (intuition rem 35
d100 Results: 21
, reason rem 35
d100 Results: 33

"I'm sorry i cannot hlep with this, ,astronomy ws never my strong suit. I also wish i could place where and when it was i met you good Mr. Green. I'm sorry, but I have been remiss. I am Jericho Tesla" He offers the absent minded but firm handshake of a bewildered and befuddled but curious physicist. "Perhaps you can help me sir, but has anyone sloved the whole time/space debacle since i was gone. Last i knew Einstein was the key, time is relative and space curved and what have you.

The scene around you rapidly accelerates as the point of light that is your target moves to the center of the room and resolves to greater detail.

The spot seems to lie within a barred spiral galaxy.

As the view resolves further, a single planetary system within the galaxy comes into view.

More to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzguy (Jericho Tesla) View Post
"Did we meet...1954...Berlin mission I believe? Or was it 48 Jerusalem?...
"It was '99, New York, within the past 72 hours ago when I pulled you out of the water, right after the Avengers battled those hoodlems at the docks and you were too weak for them to hear you."

At the mention of this, the events of the past several days come rushing back into Jericho's head. The crashing of his ship, the swim for shore following some large floaty-island-thing, witnessing the fight between the gang and Captain and EnergyStar with two of their
Editor's Note: Bubbles and Damian Hellstrom were the other two, but Jericho hasn't met them yet.
allies, the man in the green fez finding you, bringing you to his home, healing you, and making you a cup of warm Ovaltine - just like this one! You've been here before! You remember him explaining everything: about how you apparently fell through time (since no one has been you since the 1950's and you haven't aged a day), and that you were going to be needed for something, where the less you knew until that time, the better you're chance of success would be...the same thing Dr. Strange said to you about finding the Infinity Gems...and how he led you to the Avengers so you would be with 'the right people' at 'the right time'. You also remember his name...

Continuing to focus on his astronomic diorama, the man in the fez moves the image about you towards the yellow star in the middle of the planetary system. Several planets of different sizes resolve larger and larger as the image about you moves towards the center of the star system, until a small blue marble orbiting the yellow star comes into main view.

"Hrmm. Figures", the man in the Fez grumbles under his breath.

"Yes. Yes, it does," Blackbird agrees, trying not to grin.

The man-in-the-green-fez raises his hand towards the growing blue marble, as he begins to close his eyes.

The marble begins to fade as it enlarges to the point where you can tell you are looking at Earth...at North America...at New York State...at Long Island...the man-in-the-green-fez closes his hand...and the image disappears.

The man opens his eyes and surveys you with a deadly serious look.

"You seek one of the Infinity Gems", he says manner-of-factly.