The Path of Life (DnD 3.5e)

Old Apr 5 '09, 10:51pm
Fighter and Tactician

The Path of Life (DnD 3.5e)

The Path of Life - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

I'd like to post an interest check for a game I'd like to run. it's going to be along the standard DnD lines for 3.5 in the beggining, the world won't be fleshed out much (in essence at least), and the game points come as they come. Obviously this'll be a homebrew world but it will be one of those "The players build the world around them" deals. You want to be a prince? go ahead, just tell me the influence and size of your nation, and why your adventuring (but that last one is a given). if you want to be a beggar who's luck is just crappy right now, more power to you. It's your choice - just give me a reason why you'd go adventuring.

My Sources (you may use anything from these):
-Libris Mortis
-Sandstorm/Stormwrack/Frostburn/Ghostwalk
-Fiendish Codex 1 and 2
-Magic of Eberron
-Complete Series
-Monster Manual 1-4
-Tome of Magic
-Races of Stone/the wild/the dragon/Destiny/Eberron
-Magic item compendium
-Lords of Madness
-Book of vile Darkness/Exalted Deeds
-Savage Species
-Races of Renown: bastards and bloodlines
-Heroes of Battle/Horror
-Weapons of Legacy
-Elder Evils
-Epic Level Handbook
-Magic of Incarnum
-Deities and Demigods
-Arms and Equipment Guide
-Unearthed Arcana
-Dungeonscape
-Drow of the Underdark
-Draconomicon
-Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
-Eberron Campaign setting
-Dungeon Master's Guide 2
-Player's Handbook Book 2
-Book of Erotic fantasy (Yes, really. It was a gag gift from my brother but since I have it, I'll make use of it if you do something related to it.)

Character Apps:

Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment and Personality:
Appearance:
Background:

Stat generation is roll is the standard roll 4d6, drop lowest. You may also reroll 1s. A couple of side notes, you may begin with the maximum gold for your character class, though that is still not much considering you are level 1

Game Description:

a player driven epic, through which there will be stuggle, hardship, and hopefully fun

forgot to mention, this will be a kind of "shades of Gray alignment" campaign with equal Roleplaying and Roll playing

For folks using BoEF, may we assume Charisma=Appearance? Also, will there be some back and forth to adjust the stuff that wouldn't be entirely legal on here?

thank you for reminding me of that

No.

Appearance and charisma are separate. appearance is rolled separately from charisma. charisma is your confidence and ability to draw attention and please others socially. Appearance is how attractive you are physically, as well as how well you take care of your physical appearance with makeup or hygene. basically, rather than roll stats six times, roll it seven times.

oh, and innapropriate things will be suggested in the game forum, rolls and description (if any at all) will be done privately over messaging

Even if it's over private messages, it's still against site policy and (quite possibly) illegal. The content above PG-13 will have to be cut out of anything from BoEF, which does leave more than most would suspect, but the cull still has to be done.

Edit: Also, could you please, please, PLEASE put in a point buy? Those rolls will screw over pretty much everyone.

I second the above poster. Also, do we need an Appearance stat if we're NOT using BoEF?

I'm still looking for a race. If you're allowing Frostburn, I think I'm going to aim for Frost Mage.

Oh, I almost forgot: Traits and Flaws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletta Vadim View Post
Even if it's over private messages, it's still against site policy and (quite possibly) illegal. The content above PG-13 will have to be cut out of anything from BoEF, which does leave more than most would suspect, but the cull still has to be done.

Edit: Also, could you please, please, PLEASE put in a point buy? Those rolls will screw over pretty much everyone.
fine, point buy it is. 32 point buy, but you still have to roll your appearance score.

I hadn't realized those things were completely illegal on this site. alright, the closest we'll come is to something like that is "We go upstairs together" END SCENE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_V View Post
I second the above poster. Also, do we need an Appearance stat if we're NOT using BoEF?

I'm still looking for a race. If you're allowing Frostburn, I think I'm going to aim for Frost Mage.

Oh, I almost forgot: Traits and Flaws?
I'm still going to use a few things from BoEF, but nothing descriptive or illicit, so the appearance stat still stands.

Yes, you can use a frost mage

on traits and flaws: ANYTHING from my sources. Just tell me what page to find it on, and in what book and you can probably have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iue View Post
fine, point buy it is. 32 point buy, but you still have to roll your appearance score.
Wouldn't it be easier to just slap another five points on the point buy to cover the seventh stat?

I despise rolling for stats, and consider it, universally, a poor design choice, without question, and both fundamentally unfair and unbalanced.

bluh. you just persist don't you? I don't believe it's a flawed design, but alright, you're the player. bump up the stat buy to 37. otherwise, those who want to may roll their appearance stat and use 32 point buy for the rest. however, either way you choose to go you MUST stick with it.

Rerolling 1s ofcourse