Notices

The Battle Dome - Kharxhavon's Keep

Old Apr 18 '09, 5:57pm
Wealthy Buisinessman

The Battle Dome - Kharxhavon's Keep

The Battle Dome - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

The Battle Dome, for those who did not see the previous advertisement, is a collaborative series of mini-adventures. Everyone can play or DM, and have as many characters as they want. Hell, you can even have several games running at once. Each game is essentially a quick adventure for players to try new stuff out, and DMs to get a better feel for DMing.

In the Battle Dome, there are currently two options for games. In a gauntlet, the DM sets up a six-encounter dungeon. Short rests can be taken between each of the battles; an extended rest takes place before the fifth and sixth. The encounters are generally tougher than normal, and the last one is normally ridiculously hard - hence why you can take an extended rest. Though it's a dungeon crawl, RPing and logic can get you far. For the other game option, the rotation, six player/gms volunteer. Each runs the other five through one encounter. There are six in all, and the shifting makes for some interesting tactic changes. Characters who leave for the DM and return the next time do not have any changes other than the normal short rest.

Currently, I'm setting up a 6-8 man gauntlet, Kharxhavon's Keep. As a result, I need two to four players interested to quickly whip up a sheet - no fluff (personality, appearance, background) is needed, but you can have it if you like for RPing reasons. I'm not going to do a first-come-first-serve, but I'm going to go until I have a high enough number of acceptable applicants... So getting your characters in fast is a good thing. However, even for those of you who come late or don't have a fully completed/acceptable application, you can still apply to the game. In the future, you can play other games. We're trying to build a community here, so the more the merrier.

Application Requirements/Rules:
Level: 9
Gold: 16,000 gp - This can be spent in any way, but no item or ritual can be higher than 10th level. Also keep in mind that all mundane equipment is free.
Ability Score Generation: 22 Point Buy or
Racial Adjustments: One of your two racial ability score modifiers can be switched to any other ability score. For example, and Elf could have +2 Str, +2 Dex; +2 Str, +2 Wis; +2 Con, +2 Dex; +2 Con, +2 Wis, and so on, as long as at least one of their two ability scores is Dex or Wis. In addition, I've changed or improved several races, since I really like them and want to encourage them to be played.

Multiclassing: Since I really hate multiclassing in 4e, I've switched it up a bit to grant features otherwise inaccessible.

Game Description:

What is the Battle Dome?

The Battle Dome is a game forum created to gather players who want to play a simple D&D 4th edition game, aswell as teach new players its mechanics and allow people to give a run at GMing. Here, you can create or join a simple game, where you need not to worry with backgrounds, plots or campaign arcs.
- beginners, both players and GMs; it will teach you the mechanics of the forum, map making and other features.
- anyone who just wants to hack and slash a without worrying to the other aspects of the game.
- anyone who just wants to make a quick test or session without compromises.

How do I join?

Go there and ask to be included in one of the categories available. Apply for the game in the category you choose.

About once per day.

Last edited by The Monopoly Man; Apr 19 '09 at 5:57pm..
I'd like to try a Gnome Artificer (Dragon #365) so I'll give that a shot here. If you don't want to allow that class, then possibly a Warforged Fighter.

EDIT - Artificer is available here: - Should be available to anyone.

Ability Score Rolling -
[dice=#1]4d6v1+6[/dice] (9)
[dice=#2]11d2v2[/dice] (11)
#3 = 24 - 14 = 10 (4)
#4 = 27 - 15 = 12 (6)
#5 = 17 (16)
#6 = 10 (4)
No dice rolling in the ad forum thanks

Let's see if I understand how this works...
One big, dumb brute coming up.

Grashmog, Bugbear Fighter
Init +6 HP 84/84 Bloodied 42 Healing Surge 21 (0 used /11)
AC 24 Fort 24 Reflex 18 Will 19 Speed 5
Str 22 (+10) Con 15 (+6) Dex 14 (+6) Int 6 (+2) Wis 16 (+7) Cha 10 (+4)
Cleave (At-Will)
Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and an enemy adjacent to you takes damage equal to your Strength modifier.
Cleave (At-Will),
Reaping Strike (At-Will)
Martial, Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you
Reaping Strike (At-Will),
Predatory Eye (Encounter)
Minor Action Personal
Effect: If you have combat advantage against a target, you deal +1d6 damage on the next attack you make against that target. You must apply this bonus before the end of your next turn.
Predatory Eye (Encounter),
Steel Serpent Strike (Encounter)
Martial, Weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the target is slowed and cannot shift until end of your next turn.
Steel Serpent Strike (Encounter),
Sweeping Blow (Encounter)
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst you can see
Sweeping Blow (Encounter),
Come and Get It (Encounter)
Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 3
Effect: Each target must shift 2 and end adjacent to you, if possible. A target that can’t end adjacent to you doesn’t move. You can then attack any targets that are adjacent to you (close burst 1).
Come and Get It (Encounter),
Bloodclaw Weapon (At-Will)
Free Action. Use this power before making a melee attack on your turn. You take damage up to a maximum of the weapon’s enhancement bonus (a +3 weapon deals up to 3 damage to its wielder). This damage cannot be reduced or prevented in any way. If you hit, increase the damage your target takes by double the amount of damage you took, triple if you are wielding the weapon in two hands
Bloodclaw Weapon (At-Will),
Mirrored Caparison
Property: The mount gains a +1 item bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses. (Included)
Power (At-Will): Immediate Interrupt. Use this power
when an area attack would target the mount you are
riding. The mount is not targeted by the attack.
Mirrored Caparison,
Boundless Endurance (Daily Stance)
Healing, Martial, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain regeneration 4 when you are bloodied.
Boundless Endurance (Daily Stance),
Rain of Steel (Daily Stance)
Martial, Stance, Weapon
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to you takes 1[W] damage, as long as you are able to make opportunity attacks.
Rain of Steel (Daily Stance),
Brute Strike (Daily Reliable)
Martial, Reliable, Weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Brute Strike (Daily Reliable),
Thicket of Blades (Daily Reliable)
Martial, Reliable, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 1
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Thicket of Blades (Daily Reliable),
Unbreakable (Encounter)
Martial
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: You are hit by an attack
Effect: Reduce the damage from the attack by 8.
Unbreakable (Encounter),
Hunter's Quarry (Encounter)
Once per encounter as a minor action, you can designate the enemy nearest to you as your quarry.
Once per round, you deal +1d6 extra damage to your quarry. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled.
The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, or until the quarry is defeated.
Hunter's Quarry (Encounter),
Reflexive Armor (Daily)
Power (Daily): Immediate Interrupt. Use this power when an attack targets your Reflex defense. Until the end of your next turn, you can resist attacks against Reflex with your AC instead.
Reflexive Armor (Daily),
Gloves of Piercing (Daily)
Power (Daily): Minor Action. Until the end of the encounter, your attacks ignore any resistance of 10 or lower.
Gloves of Piercing (Daily),
Dire Wolf (Mount)
Dire Wolf Level 5 Skirmisher
Large natural beast (mount) XP 200
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +9; low-light vision
HP 67; Bloodied 33
AC 19; Fortitude 19, Reflex 18, Will 17
Speed 8
m Bite (standard; at-will)
+10 vs. AC; 1d8 + 4 damage, or 2d8 + 4 damage against a prone target.
Combat Advantage
The dire wolf gains combat advantage against a target that has one or more of the dire wolf’s allies adjacent to it. If the dire wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is also knocked prone on a hit.
Pack Hunter (while mounted by a friendly rider of 5th level or higher; at-will) ✦ Mount
The dire wolf’s rider gains combat advantage against an enemy if it has at least one ally other than its mount adjacent to the target.
Alignment Unaligned Languages —
Str 19 (+6) Dex 16 (+5) Wis 14 (+4)
Con 19 (+6) Int 5 (–1) Cha 11 (+2)
Dire Wolf (Mount)
Notes
Critical Hit: +2d6 damage
Opportunity Attack: +5 attack, +1d6 damage, and stop enemy movement
Large Bloodclaw Mordenkrad: Deals 2 damage to me with each attack, for +6 damage. Reroll any 1s on damage dice.
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

You guys might want to check the forum first and see the characters already signed for this specific game. We have a wizard, a barbarian, an avenger and a bard.

Placeholder for a Deva Cleric, with dice rolls.

Please don't roll dice in the ad thread. You get a free game with every advert now, plenty of room there.

Could we get an explanation of how stuff from dragon magazine is not covered by copyright? This is 4e and my understanding is you can't repeat anything relating to 4e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Please don't roll dice in the ad thread. You get a free game with every advert now, plenty of room there.

Could we get an explanation of how stuff from dragon magazine is not covered by copyright? This is 4e and my understanding is you can't repeat anything relating to 4e.
I provided a link to the Artificer PDF located on the Wizards website. It is a publicly available link. (At least, it was available to me when I was not signed in or anything.) Please tell me why this is wrong?

Also, he said at the top to roll the dice in this thread, so sorry if we're breaking another rule. :P