Notices

Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game

Old Apr 30 '09, 1:27am
Great Wyrm

Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game

Mynd's Eye - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 0

This is a homebrew game. It involves my homebrew, your homebrew, and that homebrew you found in that never before looked at part of the web.
I will accept all homebrew, save the obviously broken.
This game will be mainly composed of homebrew, though normal WotC stuff can still be used.
GM/DM: Me, myself, and (possibly) I
Books Allowed: All. As long as you specify where the things came from. In rare cases, I will disallow things.

Requirements:
Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Description: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Background: (Optional, will raise your chances of being accepted)
Personality: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Homebrew: (Optional, contributing homebrew will raise your chances of being accepted)
Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread.
Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: Up to two
Flaws: Up to one

Special Rules will be found in the game thread. Please conduct rolls in the game thread.
Roll/Role play will be about 50/50. I'm looking for people who can post at least 1/two days, but don't expect me to post more than 1/day. Because that's my posting rate.
I do not require a sheet; you do not need to make one until you've been accepted.

And pay no attention to the members requested. I'll take almost any and all applicants.

With your post, put in whether you'd like to adventure as a party with the others, or adventure alone, meeting with the others when you bump into them.

No doubt there will be something I missed
Questions?

Homebrew Accepted:
Osteoroc
Four-Armed
Feral Warrior
Voodoo Doctor
Savage Species (Case-by-case; show me your progression)
Sublime Ranger
Akela's Class Variation
Forever Young
Blue Mage
Psionic Alienist
Gemini Dancer
Alchemist
Dogmen
Kaersis

Homebrew Declined:
Hammer Swinger
Praedar
Errdegahr
Paradox Mage
Entropy Champion
Lesser Wrathful
Aberration Blooded
Intelligent Spiked Gauntlets

Accepted Applicants:
magusheart
LordoftheDucks
akela122301
SkyWindKicker
snakeman830
Vaunrut
kirby096317

Game Description:

A world where anything can happen. This fledgling world is not like those other worlds. It toes the line, steps over it, and does a damn pole vault over it too. Welcome, the land of homebrew awaits.

Last edited by Roi; May 7 '09 at 12:40am..
Looks good. Maybe drop the +2 to charisma and it will be perfect but otherwise I have nothing to add.

Hope it will be fun for you to play.

Hmmm... the +2 Cha is supposed to represent their strong sense of self/individuality and their personal flair as well as their social strengths... you think keeping the Cha bonus makes them too much now? I'd drop a -2 Wisdom representing rash decisions to balance it but that might be too much, lol.

Hmmm...

How about... instead of a +2 Cha...

Charismatic Mein (Ex): Kaersis are extremely social people with an amazing sense of self, flair for style, and panache. They get a +2 racial bonus on all skill checks involving Charisma.

But it becomes vulnerable to things that affect other things. aberration, not really. I'd either go with fey or, magical beast or monstrous humanoid. Maybe you could stretch it, turn low-light vision to dark vision 60 feet and call it a (native) outsider.

(Speaking of which, I've never seen the insectile subtype before, might wanna change that to native or air.)

I approve of the rogue and reasons for it. The flight speed do have a big drawback at this size though : wind. As a tiny creature, it'll be blown about like a paper bag, and it can't really land without losing almost all abilities. Have a look at the Gust of Wind spell (PHB p.338) and you'll see what I mean.

Edit : I think the charisma is fine, especially if you consider all strenght penalties you add on top of the basic -4. (No bull rush, no trip, etc.)

If you want your homebrew race to be accepted, I'd advise to not make it an Abberration. Maybe a Monstrous Humanoid?

@Ryfte- Agreeing with everything so far; change it to something non-aberrant, and perhaps tone the flight down to 30'. I'll accept it then. Sound good?

Name: Riffi Girat
Race: Halfling
Class: Alchemist

Description: Riffi tends to favor heavier clothing over the jovial styles halflings usually prefer. Of course, this is because he ruined so many sets of clothing in his experiments (a few scars show on his forearms and legs, but these are always covered up). His dark hair is cut short and he wears a pair of goggles most of the time.

Personality: Riffi is a little eccentric at times, making him seem a little too trusting in luck. Regardless, he has a good heart, but he's always on the hunt for new ways to do something, even if that way is needlessly complex. If, however, he needs a solution now, he will use the tried and true methods (grudgingly).

History: For the most part, Riffi's growing up was nothing remarkable. He did, however, take an extremeliking to throwing odd objects, especially anything containing fluid. He enjoyed watching the liquid splash everywhere and many a bottle of wine (or anything else) met its end by his hand. Quickly barred from going anywhere near things that he could break in his fascination he started to learn how to make things to continue his fun.

Going with the osteoroc fighter to start.
[DICE]7m4d6v1[/DICE]

Name:Freakshow
Race:Osteoroc
Class:Fighter
Alignment:CN
Description: Freakshow resembles a tall, pale, and hardy man. Though the two things that make a difference are the spikes protruding from his body and his spiked bone-like hair. His body is almost completely a blood red color. His eyes may be a soul-less grey, though looking into them for too long will reveal a tortured man wishing to find home.
Background:
Personality: Freakshow seems to be a gruff and intimidating person at first, though he does have a softer side. This meaner side has hardened itself from years of pain and suffering. Though when people get past his looks and harsh exterior personality, they can realize he is a caring and friendly personality. He is almost always willing to intervene between death and a friend just from how he was raised.
Homebrew: Osteoroc
Level: 1
Hp: 15
Gold: 100 left
Traits: Abrassive, Slow
Flaws: Weak Will

I'm going to play with the 6 insted of the 8 just to fit the projected personality better.
No dice rolling in the ad forum thanks

Name: Bruttor Amakiir
Race: Dogmen
Class: wizard
Alignment: CG
Description: A large male, about 6 feet tall, walks up toward you. A black and blue cloak and a hood of similar color adorns the figure of his body. As he takes the cloak off, he reviles himself a Dogmen. His silver fur gleams in the sun, and the red symbols on his forehead are elven and dwarven, telling his name.
Background: Background: Since he was a baby, Bruttor was always fascinated with arcane power. When he found out he had arcane power himself, he became a arcane wielder to learn to use it and, in time, write books about his power. A blacksmiths son, he knows how to use a anvil and hammer. He has always loved being with humans and elves, and in fact never did like being with other's of his kind. He is also a rather heavy drinker, seeming to have a iron liver since he never gets drunk. He became an adventurer for unknown reasons, but when asked he tells them 'for fun', many say he just does stuff to be doing it.
Personality: A mixture of clam and hotheaded, Bruttor is a overall nice guy. He enjoys music and the fine arts, but prefers to read about arcane knowladge against pictures. Wither he starts a fight or not, he always makes sure it's finished, and is there for his companions.
Homebrew: Dogmen
HP: 5
Gold: 28 GP 9 SP
Traits: Iron Liver
Flaws: Kleptomania

I gave him an iron liver just for the hell of it. None of the other traits I found fit my wants.