Notices

Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game

Old Apr 30 '09, 1:27am
Great Wyrm

Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game

Mynd's Eye - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 0

This is a homebrew game. It involves my homebrew, your homebrew, and that homebrew you found in that never before looked at part of the web.
I will accept all homebrew, save the obviously broken.
This game will be mainly composed of homebrew, though normal WotC stuff can still be used.
GM/DM: Me, myself, and (possibly) I
Books Allowed: All. As long as you specify where the things came from. In rare cases, I will disallow things.

Requirements:
Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Description: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Background: (Optional, will raise your chances of being accepted)
Personality: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Homebrew: (Optional, contributing homebrew will raise your chances of being accepted)
Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread.
Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: Up to two
Flaws: Up to one

Special Rules will be found in the game thread. Please conduct rolls in the game thread.
Roll/Role play will be about 50/50. I'm looking for people who can post at least 1/two days, but don't expect me to post more than 1/day. Because that's my posting rate.
I do not require a sheet; you do not need to make one until you've been accepted.

And pay no attention to the members requested. I'll take almost any and all applicants.

With your post, put in whether you'd like to adventure as a party with the others, or adventure alone, meeting with the others when you bump into them.

No doubt there will be something I missed
Questions?

Homebrew Accepted:
Osteoroc
Four-Armed
Feral Warrior
Voodoo Doctor
Savage Species (Case-by-case; show me your progression)
Sublime Ranger
Akela's Class Variation
Forever Young
Blue Mage
Psionic Alienist
Gemini Dancer
Alchemist
Dogmen
Kaersis

Homebrew Declined:
Hammer Swinger
Praedar
Errdegahr
Paradox Mage
Entropy Champion
Lesser Wrathful
Aberration Blooded
Intelligent Spiked Gauntlets

Accepted Applicants:
magusheart
LordoftheDucks
akela122301
SkyWindKicker
snakeman830
Vaunrut
kirby096317

Game Description:

A world where anything can happen. This fledgling world is not like those other worlds. It toes the line, steps over it, and does a damn pole vault over it too. Welcome, the land of homebrew awaits.

Last edited by Roi; May 7 '09 at 12:40am..
@ Iue - I have savage species.

@LordoftheDuck - Add up the highest 6. So you have a top score of 16, with a total of +4. And, just a reminder, please roll in the game thread. From here on in, I won't accept rolls made in this thread. And, I'll accept the alienst homebrew.

@Kirby- Osteoroc seems iffy, but I'll take it, and remove it if it becomes problematic. I'll accept wrathful too, but I don't see how you'd use it. Unless you meant for me to implement. If that was the intention, thanks! It's late now- I'll look at the Feral Warrior tomorrow, and everything else I haven't posted about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi View Post
@LordoftheDuck - Add up the highest 6. So you have a top score of 16, with a total of +4. And, just a reminder, please roll in the game thread. From here on in, I won't accept rolls made in this thread. And, I'll accept the alienst homebrew.
Sorry 'bout that, I'm used to a less intricate forum than this.

Should I whip up a sheet or make another post to compile traits/flaw first?

Iue mentioning Orge from Savage Species made me think about doing something from the book as well. I'm thinking about a Janni. That'll keep me busy for 11 levels. I'll try and get something more in depth up tomorrow.

I was mainly thinking the lesser version of the wrathful as a sorcerer since someone said no spell caster would ever think of using this as a race. I figure no Cha penalty, good strength and natural attacks, natural armor, flight, and dark vision. This could make a good sorcerer.

Name: Connor Darkdart
Race: Half Elf
Class: Voodo Doctor
Description: A Brown haired, blue eyed, dreadlocked Half elf who's hair tends to mask the Voodo Mark over his right eye.

Background: He came from a tribe of Half Elfs who were exiled from both Elven and Human society. His tribe were always studiers in the art of Voodo, which they learnt from an unknown man who passed through the village. Connor picked it up at the age of 6, and his bullies have been jumping up and down in manure ever since.

Personality: Untrusting and uncaring. Get on his bad side and you will regret it. He often finds himself making Voodo dolls of anyone he meets.

Homebrew: Voodo Doctor Class

Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread.

Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: NONE
Flaws: NONE

VOOOODOOOOO!

@kirby- Feral Warrior seems okay too. Again, if it becomes broken, out it goes.

@Lord- No need to make your sheet until you are accepted. You could make it beforehand, if you'd like

@Conbar- What is the voodoo doll limit? Can a voodoo doctor have more than one doll of a particular creature? I also feel that it is stronger than the sorcerer, as it's spell gain rate, saves, and BaB are the same and it has added abilities. I'll consider it, but it's not okayed yet.

Ah! I realize this now- don't forget your alignment. That would be bad. very very bad.

@Roi - A Doctor could create more than one voodo doll per person, but it would have no effect.
Its also worth noting that only the person who creates the voodo doll can use it.

Its also worth noting that the Doctor is aimed more at buffing then at combat, seeing as the time taken to make a doll, as well as the materials, take too long to make for most monsters. Also the only thing you can do to a Voodo Doll is cast spells on it as if it were the person, and since the Doctor has very few offensive spells, it is mainly for buffing.

To clarify on the whole more than one doll thing:

Doctor Connor: Hmm, im gonna create a doll of the party's fighter
Doctor Connor gets the materials and sits down for an hours uninterrupted work
Doctor Connor finishes. This doll now can be buffed as if it were the person.

Doctor Connor forgets the rules of his class and decides to create another doll of the party's fighter
Doctor Connor gets the materials and sits down for an hours uninterrupted work
Doctor Connor finishes. This SECOND doll is now useless, and serves no function. Even if the first doll is destroyed, the Second Doll is still useless, and to gain full effects Doctor Connor would have to create a whole new Doll after the first doll is destroyed.

You know, on second thought, I came up with an altered ranger class when I gathered players for a Feudal Japan game. No one opted to use it, and I still want to know how well it works.