Notices

Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game

Old Apr 30 '09, 2:27am
Great Wyrm

Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game

Mynd's Eye - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 0

This is a homebrew game. It involves my homebrew, your homebrew, and that homebrew you found in that never before looked at part of the web.
I will accept all homebrew, save the obviously broken.
This game will be mainly composed of homebrew, though normal WotC stuff can still be used.
GM/DM: Me, myself, and (possibly) I
Books Allowed: All. As long as you specify where the things came from. In rare cases, I will disallow things.

Requirements:
Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Description: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Background: (Optional, will raise your chances of being accepted)
Personality: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Homebrew: (Optional, contributing homebrew will raise your chances of being accepted)
Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread.
Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: Up to two
Flaws: Up to one

Special Rules will be found in the game thread. Please conduct rolls in the game thread.
Roll/Role play will be about 50/50. I'm looking for people who can post at least 1/two days, but don't expect me to post more than 1/day. Because that's my posting rate.
I do not require a sheet; you do not need to make one until you've been accepted.

And pay no attention to the members requested. I'll take almost any and all applicants.

With your post, put in whether you'd like to adventure as a party with the others, or adventure alone, meeting with the others when you bump into them.

No doubt there will be something I missed
Questions?

Homebrew Accepted:
Osteoroc
Four-Armed
Feral Warrior
Voodoo Doctor
Savage Species (Case-by-case; show me your progression)
Sublime Ranger
Akela's Class Variation
Forever Young
Blue Mage
Psionic Alienist
Gemini Dancer
Alchemist
Dogmen
Kaersis

Homebrew Declined:
Hammer Swinger
Praedar
Errdegahr
Paradox Mage
Entropy Champion
Lesser Wrathful
Aberration Blooded
Intelligent Spiked Gauntlets

Accepted Applicants:
magusheart
LordoftheDucks
akela122301
SkyWindKicker
snakeman830
Vaunrut
kirby096317

Game Description:

A world where anything can happen. This fledgling world is not like those other worlds. It toes the line, steps over it, and does a damn pole vault over it too. Welcome, the land of homebrew awaits.

Last edited by Roi; May 7 '09 at 1:40am..
Sounds fine. So you just want me to play them and then if they are overpowered we will scrap them and bring in another?

The sublime way ranger can be found here.

I do kinda want to try a swift hunter, but if we start at level 1, i'll probably have to pass on that.

@kirby- yup. Checking over the stuff I haven't of yours....
No to Praedar
Forever Young template seems a bit powerful - I'll accept it, but I need the puppy dog eyes to only be able to effect a person once/24 hours
How would you work the lesser wrathful?
Resounding no to Errdegahr
No to Paradox Mage
And, I have to say no to Entropy Champion

@akela- Class variations are okay.

@conbar- I'll okay the voodoo doctor then

@artist- Accepting sublime ranger

@iue- The hammer swinger seems a bit overpowered- 6 attacks at a +20/+20/+20/+15/+10/+5 minimum at 20th level? Dazing for 1d4 rounds? Infinite Demoralizing Clang/Clang of the Hammer? Nope. I'm sorry, but I can't accept the hammer swinger, though if you changed it to be less overpowered, I'd accept it.

alrtight, I find another class. no problems there - homebrews are often a little... well very overpowered

@Kirby - Took another look at the Feral Warrior - I think that the BaB growth rate may be too powerful. Just a heads up, as I may shrink it if used, and if it becomes too powerful that way. Also, I'm accepting the Forever Young, but I've made minor edits.

Hey...can I play a stance ranger:

Sack Combat style and less favored enemy and more limited use of other abilities for stances and feats that work only in those stances.

That's basically a sublime ranger- I've linked that in the forum.

Alright, This is a class I've actually had in a game before. it may seem overpowered because of the reaving stike ability, but remember, I can only absorb powers, not create them myself. I'm only as powerful as the monsters you throw at us.

also, I'd like to pretty much keep my character concept the same, but change the race from ogre to human. barbarian tribes are all around in DnD, so it's not farfetched, and I just, for some reason, can only imagine this class as a human or half-elven class

EDIT: whoops, guess I better link to it, huh? http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archi...x.php/t-812239

they begin the game with a masterwork weapon, but it's not like that isn't something we wouldn't get on our first quest, right?

@Iue - the race changing is okay - the setting (not yet posted as I'm not up to the massive amount of typing I'm going to have to do) is a bustling port city, protected from the tribes & monsters by a large wall encircling the city.
And, I'm not understanding the point of essence. Probably because I haven't used the Tome of Magic much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi View Post
That's basically a sublime ranger- I've linked that in the forum.
Nah...dont like that ranger...
I just wanted a ranger...with stances...

Nevermind, i guess...