Thank you to Farland. - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Thank you to Farland.

Thank you to Farland.

For one I will talk as Brian and not as Malcall.

I would just like to say thank you to the man that puts all this stuff together. I have enjoyed these past seven years, becoming Malcall twice a month or so very much. I can think back to playing Malcall for the first time sitting in your appartment.

It had been my honor to travel the lands of Farland.

You have created a great thing and I will enjoy seeing it grow even bigger in the furture.

I also thank Ric for giving me the chance to "publish" my first completed story "The Barbarian Trials." It was the first story that I actually finished when it wasn't for school. It was great writing it and I do hope to contribute more to Farland. May it and D&D live on forever. *Raises cup of mead*

Well; I'll second, or third, that. I've been living vicariously through Ric's creation for several months and have to say that the desire to contribute to such a grand idea has taken on a life of its own. Cheers to you, boss, for allowing creative amateurs like myself ply our crafts in the awesome world you've developed.

Oh and, tell Rodrigo that he needs an orc smiley hoisting a mug - it'd be a perfect application here.

Tap... Tap...\m/ That'd be a fourth for me...

Of course, I'd have to add that he has no problem disagreeing either... When we argue about things and work through it, it
religion and politics aside
always comes out for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcall
I would just like to say thank you to the man that puts all this stuff together. I have enjoyed these past seven years, becoming Malcall twice a month or so very much. I can think back to playing Malcall for the first time sitting in your appartment.

It had been my honor to travel the lands of Farland.

You have created a great thing and I will enjoy seeing it grow even bigger in the furture.
Brian, it has been my pleasure to be the DM for such a reliable and high quality roleplayer. My hat is off to you, sir.

But don't worry: the fun will continue with the Stor-Gris campaign, if I have anything to say about, and the website and Farland Game Setting will definitely continue to grow and flourish.

Squeak, ryator, and Lord.Anki, thank you for your comments. You do me honor, and your contributions increased the quality of the world and helped us win the silver ENnie. Oh yeah, and if you are curious what prompted Brian's comments, it was the end of the Lords of the West campaign. Check it out here (but read the note!).

Wow. Well that sucks that its the end. I am going to make it a point to read the campaign journal.

Are y'all planning on starting at level 1 again or are you going to all stay Malcall and Val etc.

Once again my apologies for not being around more often ...

But then the important thing is that I have enjoyed the last 15 years playing the Lords of the West campaign off and on so much. I have even restructured my life to a large part around being able to play. It's been that good. Thank you Farland for making such an amazing pastime so enjoyable and so rewarding. TSR made it possible, but it took Farland to make it a worth making lifestyle choices that would allow for more gaming. I'm leaving now for Oregon for a year, but I'll be back and ready for more. I'll miss the richness that the Lords of the West has brought to my life and will be eager to recapture it in Stor-Gris or wherever I'll play next. Thanks for everything Farland. Thanks also to Malcall, Galadwen, Payn, Ada, and all the others who have participated in making the Lords of the West campaign so intensely memorable. Lastly, thank you to the amazing staff, especially Ryator and Squeak that have taken an amazing world and remade it into something unique and unparalleled. It's been an honor to know all of you and I'll be back in the game soon!

**Darn, that sounds like one of those cheesy acceptance speeches for an Oscar or something, try to look past that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valanduil
Once again my apologies for not being around more often ...

But then the important thing is that I have enjoyed the last 15 years playing the Lords of the West campaign off and on so much. I have even restructured my life to a large part around being able to play. It's been that good. Thank you Farland for making such an amazing pastime so enjoyable and so rewarding. TSR made it possible, but it took Farland to make it a worth making lifestyle choices that would allow for more gaming. I'm leaving now for Oregon for a year, but I'll be back and ready for more. I'll miss the richness that the Lords of the West has brought to my life and will be eager to recapture it in Stor-Gris or wherever I'll play next. Thanks for everything Farland. Thanks also to Malcall, Galadwen, Payn, Ada, and all the others who have participated in making the Lords of the West campaign so intensely memorable. Lastly, thank you to the amazing staff, especially Ryator and Squeak that have taken an amazing world and remade it into something unique and unparalleled. It's been an honor to know all of you and I'll be back in the game soon!

And thank you, Val, for being such a reliable roleplayer who has been so instrumental in taking Farland to the next level. It's been a pleasure DM such a player.

Quote:
**Darn, that sounds like one of those cheesy acceptance speeches for an Oscar or something, try to look past that
Too bad I didn't have as good of a speech prepared for the ENnie acceptance. If I had, I might not have come off as a retarded chimpanzee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anki
Are y'all planning on starting at level 1 again or are you going to all stay Malcall and Val etc.
We are planning to start a new campaign at level one, set in a historical time period of Farland.

I only played Farland for two years, but the experience has been amazing. The details of the world and creativity in the adventures made every game exciting. I consistently looked forward to our next game. So, I too say thanks. I'm saddened by the ending of the campaign (and it's Valanduil's fault), but excited about how it ended. Not everyone can say they killed the Lord of Anger.

Like Val, I need to thank the rest of the staff for their contributions to the World.

I look forward to starting my next campaign as level 1. So, like Valanduil and Malcall, I can play my character all 21 levels (actually more like 24 with all of the times Malcall died).

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadwen
I only played Farland for two years, but the experience has been amazing. The details of the world and creativity in the adventures made every game exciting. I consistently looked forward to our next game. So, I too say thanks. I'm saddened by the ending of the campaign (and it's Valanduil's fault), but excited about how it ended. Not everyone can say they killed the Lord of Anger.

Like Val, I need to thank the rest of the staff for their contributions to the World.

I look forward to starting my next campaign as level 1. So, like Valanduil and Malcall, I can play my character all 21 levels (actually more like 24 with all of the times Malcall died).

Thanks...
Thank you, Galadwen, for being such an excellent RPer and let me say that you learned the rules and mastered the game faster than anyone I ever met.