Wet Workers - Shadowrun 4th

Old May 10 '09, 9:56pm
Great Wyrm

Wet Workers - Shadowrun 4th

Wet Workers - Forum
Shadowrun
Estimated Members Requested: 6

World
Seattle 2070 is a dangerous world. It is also amazing diverse. Just like Shadowrunning. It takes all kinds to make things work out. Stealthy ninja. Hackers. Politicians. Lawyers. Terrorists.

Often runners will turn their nose up at jobs beneath them or which are 'unprofessional'. One class of jobs the snobby runners often reject is Wet Work. Jobs where the point is to make sure someone dies. Jobs where you don't need to be subtle or go undetected. Jobs where you want to send a clear message... written in blood.

These are the stories of those messengers... the wet workers.

House Rules
We will use a couple house rules during game play. I'll be giving out more karma than is described in the core book as the PBP format is very slow. I have rules for IC acquisition of legal items(which seems to be missing from the core rule)... specifically how long it takes. In addition, I've been told my interpretation of the matrix rules are such that it isn't as powerful as other interpretations(just as a warning).

This game will be combat/action heavy. All the same, we'll need people to fill traditional roles on occasion(face, hacker, healer, driver, etc). These will often be in addition to their role in combat.

Character Applications
  • I expect complete characters(including background, contact descriptions, etc).
  • Books : Core, Runner Haven, Street Magic, Arsenal, Augmentation, Unwired
  • Roles : Indicate what role your character will fulfill.
  • Standard 400 BP. Please indicate how you distributed and spent your points in your application.
  • Please follow availability limits.
  • The players will know each other at game start from a previous run together. So... plan on having been in Seattle for at least a month.
  • Use knowledge skills to add flavor to your character. Use them to expand and flush out who your character is. Knowledge skill unrelated to combat/weapons/magic/hacking/computers will cost half price. This is to get people to spend points on skills unlikely to be used but which help add personality.
  • Include personality traits and favorite catch phrases in your application.

Questions
Ask!

Game Description:

Seattle 2070 is a dangerous world. It is also amazing diverse. Just like Shadowrunning. It takes all kinds to make things work out. Stealthy ninja. Hackers. Politicians. Lawyers. Terrorists.

Often runners will turn their nose up at jobs beneath them or which are 'unprofessional'. One class of jobs the snobby runners often reject is Wet Work. Jobs where the point is to make sure someone dies. Jobs where you don't need to be subtle or go undetected. Jobs where you want to send a clear message... written in blood.

These are the stories of those messengers... the wet workers.

Ooooh. Should I try for a third Shadowrun game? I've got an Orc adept that's rolling around in the back of my head, but I dunno...

This looks pretty fun. I have played all metatypes besides Troll so I'd go with a Troll.
Role would be the melee guy, and gang knowledge.

If you are not opposed to a complete Shadowrun noob then I would love to put a character together for this

So Runner's Comp is entirely out? Or do you just not have it? And just what are these houserules?

Regardless, this looks like something I'd be interested in. I just don't know what to play... well, there's always street sammie.

I'm interested... Orc low life thug and generally likeable gangster.

Norman walked out of the jail and adjusted his collar before flicking his cig to the sidewalk and crushing it out with his boot. A week in jail was nothing, it was the third time this year. He vowed to quit popping pills.... again. He lights up another cig while he waits for the car to pick him up.

I don't usually like to put mechanics down on paper until I know more about what's going on with other players, but he'll be a social animal - but more on a street level. Ultimate goal in life? Move up in the world where eventually he parties with models and actors.... Skills - a few social and a few combat. Competent with say 4 firearms, but not really anything spectactular.

Nice one.

I just started my own game so now I finally have a chance to try a shadowrun game

EDIT.
After looking at it I think I'll go drone rigger, latent technomancer.

Books - Runner's Comp is out. I don't have it and obviously haven't had time to learn and understand all that it offers.

Houserules - You'll have to wait for me to get home. They basically describe in more detail how long it takes to acquire legal items. If you wanted to buy an lined coat or something. It is available and the cost is described, but how long does it take? You can't just pick it up at the corner Stuffer Shack. Basically, the houserule covers web purchases and deliveries as well as driving around to appropriate stores looking for one as well as finding one in stock online and then time to drive over there and pick it up.

Rarely comes into play as players often make legal purchases during down time when it doesn't matter if it takes 20 minutes or 45 minutes. If, however, you need to buy an exact copy of suit that someone is wearing(for disguise/imitation purposes) and you need it right away, that is when my rules come into effect.

I'll post up a thread in the game forum with the house rule details.

Noob - No problem. Have you made a character before? Do you have the books?

Demo/SCUBA - Very timely and quite useful for the first run...

General - As you firm up your character, even if you aren't quite there yet, you may want to post a link so that the other players can try to fill gaps in the team's capability.