Issue Eight: Get Together

 
"Screw that noise. When the Major Leagues ask you to step up..you step up." Manta said with a big smile under his cowl.
"Personally I always knew this day would come...Lets face it we took on Thanos...THANOS and saved everyone's collective keisters. So why is everyone so surprised Flag-face wants the arrangement to be more permanent."

"I'm sorry", Captain America responds, raising his hands to momentarily halt the questions.

"To clarify for everyone what I meant...and I apologize for not getting to speak with each of you privately before this meeting...Blackbird, Cap...err...MinuteMan, EnergyStar, MantaMan, and Maelstrom were functioning as the active Avengers while the majority of the rest of us were off involved in the game between Thanos and the Grandmaster. Upon our return, EnergyStar handed the chairmanship back to me, so the six of us currently constitute the active duty roster of the East Coast team. That is not to say, by any means, that any of the members affiliated with the Buffalo Experimental Franchise who stepped in to fill in the active roster have to stay on active duty...but by having already served as active Avengers, you hardly constitute an 'experimental franchise' any longer..."

"I think what Cap's trying to say", Hank Pym interrupts, "is that you passed the audition."

"Succinctly put, Hank", Captain America responds with a smile. "But the fact remains that the Avengers and the Stark Foundation have invested a significant amount of resources in the Buffalo facility. With the primary roster of that team having already upgraded their status to active membership, what does that mean for the future of the 'experimental franchise' project? Do we consider it a success and close it down as it has achieved its desired result? Or do we begin recruiting members for an all-new farm team? If we go with the former, what do we do with the resource investment already in place? If we go with the latter, who would be willing to administrate and server as liaison to the new franchise?"

B"Well maybe it's out of place" Jericho Tesla replies, " but if it's a liason we need then i think Minute-man would fill in very well. Energystar seems quite capable of running the team though i would toss my hat in for lead technician. And as for fudning/technological assistance, well provided a lab I and several of the others have everything but some start-up capital and even that we can meet another investor or investors half way i think. "

"I think what Cap is saying, and correct me if I am wrong, is that he thinks the AEF should continue with a new team, while the original members become full fledged Avengers. But the AEF needs a team leader who is a full fledged avenger?" Benni suggests into the conversation to clear her understanding up as she looks at Cap curiously.

Blackbird listens carefully, considering the various sides of the question.

"I agree that it would be best to keep the venue active. Perhaps keep it as a training facility for young-and-hopeful talents who one day may well be Avengers - or reserve Avengers - of their own accord? An experiment in its own right, perhaps?"

"As to who will be responsible...if the time demand is not extensive, I could offer to commute."

Energystar looks pale as speculation flies around the table as to what to do with the AEF. When closing it was mentioned once again she speaks up, "No. The AEF has been a necessary part of the Avengers since in inception. This last gig was a huge example of how useful it is. I think dismantling it would be a mistake that the Avengers will soon learn to regret." She looks around the table for reaction or support.

She then continues, "This is what I propose. Keep the AEF as a "farm" team recruit a new band of heroes and start training. The team that left Buffalo just a few short weeks ago can remain Avengers, but a new branch, based in Buffalo at the AEF headquarters, maybe called Avengers North. They will share the facility with the new AEF and be good for helping to train the new recruits." She pauses, "As for a new government liaison? I propose we offer Christopher Michaels the job. He is already government and involved in the team. And I think he is a perfect replacement for Gamble."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero4hire (MantaMan) View Post
"Screw that noise. When the Major Leagues ask you to step up..you step up." Manta said with a big smile under his cowl.
"Personally I always knew this day would come...Lets face it we took on Thanos...THANOS and saved everyone's collective keisters. So why is everyone so surprised Flag-face wants the arrangement to be more permanent."
"'Screw that noise'?", Hank repeats to Captain America. "'Flag-face'?", Captain America replies back to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote (Benni) View Post
"I think what Cap is saying, and correct me if I am wrong, is that he thinks the AEF should continue with a new team, while the original members become full fledged Avengers. But the AEF needs a team leader who is a full fledged avenger?"
"That's one option, anyway", Captain America replies. "The AEF never had a leader who was a full fledged Avenger, but we did have a single member act as liaison out there with the team for the sake of communication.
Black Panther and Rick Jones have both served in that role."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam (BlackBird) View Post
"I agree that it would be best to keep the venue active. Perhaps keep it as a training facility for young-and-hopeful talents who one day may well be Avengers - or reserve Avengers - of their own accord? An experiment in its own right, perhaps?"
"That has been the purpose of the franchise since it's inception", Captain America states. "We could continue to utilize it as such, but at this point, we would have to build the team up from the ground up again."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar) View Post
Energystar looks pale as speculation flies around the table as to what to do with the AEF. When closing it was mentioned once again she speaks up, "No. The AEF has been a necessary part of the Avengers since in inception. This last gig was a huge example of how useful it is. I think dismantling it would be a mistake that the Avengers will soon learn to regret." She looks around the table for reaction or support.
"...because someone might have to staff Fantastic Four headquarters, battle TWO teams of the Masters of Evil, AND handle Thanos while the rest of you are away sometime", Hank Pym adds. "Look, at this point, I don't think anyone can deny our little experiment worked. Now we just need to recruit again, and hope we build a team as strong as our last one turned out to be."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar) View Post
"This is what I propose. Keep the AEF as a "farm" team recruit a new band of heroes and start training. The team that left Buffalo just a few short weeks ago can remain Avengers, but a new branch, based in Buffalo at the AEF headquarters, maybe called Avengers North. They will share the facility with the new AEF and be good for helping to train the new recruits." She pauses, "As for a new government liaison? I propose we offer Christopher Michaels the job. He is already government and involved in the team. And I think he is a perfect replacement for Gamble."
"I actually like that idea", Captain America says, looking at Hank Pym, who nods in agreement. "Having an entire branch local would give the experimental franchise better access to Avengers resources and training. The biggest issue would be funding a second team out of the same headquarters...the additional facilities needed to house and train the heroes..."

Here, Iron Man interrupts the conversation. "I am fairly certain Tony Stark would not be concerned with providing the additional funding necessary to step up our investment in the Buffalo team...or teams...

"Then it seems we have a plan", Rick Jones adds from his seat alongside the long table.

Captain America, Hank Pym, Iron Man, and Rick Jones stare at each other for a moment, then look around the room, which remains, surprisingly quiet. Your general impression is that the room is quiet not out of timidness, but out of respect. The four founders have spoken. If they accept the plan as good, then it must be the right thing to do.

"EnergyStar and MinuteMan...if you plan on returning to Buffalo...start planning on assembling your new farm team", Hank says.

"Minuteman? Who's..." she hears a throat clear to her side and then she sees Cap, "Oh, yeah forgot."

She smiles proudly that her idea has apparently been accepted.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status